Notices

"A beautiful life" : Weekender Thread October 19-25

Old 10-20-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're feeling better Melki. I think most of us have a horrible talking to a room full of people story.

Being comfortable in those situations is a skill I do not have.

Sorry you're feeling down too Tetra. I wouldn't have like to be called up to my manager either but I think her parting advice was/is good

'please enjoy your weekend and please do not spend the whole weekend worrying about this".

I can very much understand feeling anxious but it doesn't sound to me like she wants to fire you.

You've had a lot of compliments you've mentioned at work too so I'm sure people are trying to help - just in an awkward cack handed way maybe?

If you're feeling really low maybe seeing you own pdoc would help?

D
Old 10-20-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder too guys - please do share your experience but no recommendation for meds, supplements or over the counter remedies,please

'This worked for me' is generally fine - 'this will work for you' is not.

Even the most natural of vitamins supplements can cause havoc for people, especially if they're on other meds.

Always best to see your Dr first

D
Old 10-20-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

There are a few things which annoy me the most.

My consultant was at a meeting last week. There are currently about 350 people on his waiting list for surgery. Some have been waiting over 2 years. Some have been waiting so long that they forgot they were even on a list.

Every single day I get phone calls. "When will I get a date for my routine tonsillectomy?" I go to the computer system and there is nothing about the patient on there. So I say "when excatly were you seen by the doctor?" The answer I get usually get is "Two days ago in the other hospital". I would say his secretary over there hasn't had time to type the letter yet. I know this is part of my job and I will have to learn to deal with stress a bit better.

Also I get many many visits from people who work in the hospital who have a relative on the list and want me to let them skip the queue because as I was told "we look after our own around here". Now I do not agree with this at all but my dad said "Oh my God Tetra, I know you like to do things by the rules but do not touch that minefield until you have a permanent position at least",

Like one of my doctor friends came to me with another co-worker. Her relation was on the list and he asked me to give them a date. I was not happy that (a) he brought this person to my desk and (b)they were both standing there looking at me. I hate that.

Then I have people looking for a date for routine procedures and then there are cancer patients who I cannot get a bed for (like this morning).

Anyway I will show up for work on Monday by 8 AM. I will not let people bring me down.

Now I will finish my milk and go to bed. Thanks for letting me get some things off my chest. Sleep well all of you and have a good day tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hang in there Tetra. hope you sleep well & things look a bit rosier in the morning

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I will not let people bring me down.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

(((Melki)))

(((Tetra)))

Quick check in to say hello everyone ~ gotta be to work at 5am tomorrow so I'd better get some sleep! Thanks for being here & keeping me sober another day
Old 10-20-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Write it all down.... ...sleep on it.... ...edit it...
Excellent advice Gilmer!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
OX

Happy weekend
Had the Friday feelies thinking I could just get trashed on fridays
But then remembered fridays is what made me need sobriety

First sober Friday in a while on this see-saw. Had dinner at a brewery no problem wife got buzzed came home drank more and smoked some legal weed. I am here with friends on sr. Thank goodness. Bit of tea a book and a movie. Plus internet. Guess I am itching for stimulation!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hi T- Dragon (you an IT guy ? )
I am. Did the multithreading comment give me away?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

4am here in England...

Day 10 for me.

Feeling better in myself each day but my sleeping pattern is f****d! for want of a better word!

Yesterday I woke at 3:40am and didn't get back to sleep, this morn woke at 3:30am! ... so it's SR reading and posting to the rescue

Just let me dog out the back and made a hot drink, hopefully I'll get a few more hours, at least I have no work today or tomorrow so I can squeeze an afternoon nap in. Going to get more exercise this weekend and maybe that will help.

Hope everyone else is doing ok

K x
Old 10-20-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Kit,
You sound like you may be from the North of England - we say 'me mum', 'me dad' and 'me dog' up there.
Sleep will settle soon, I hope. It is now one of the highlights for me.
Tetra,
It sounds like your manager was trying to be supportive in their own way. Have a look at your options. If they can switch you to another position that isn't going to stress you out and make you feel horrible, take them up on it. You need to look after yourself first and foremost. It's only a job. I used to concern myself a lot with what other people were thinking and saying about me until I had a long look at what I was thinking and saying about other people - which was actually nothing. Since I'm a fairly typical human being, I came to the conclusion that other people probably weren't thinking and/or talking about me a great deal, either.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey, That was actually a typo, it should of said "my" dog but I am actually from the North lol, The Lake District but I do say my not me...

I feel I'm up for the day now, might just have to have a long tiring day and hope I sleep tonight.

How are you getting on?

Kx
Old 10-20-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey beautiful weekenders!!

I just finished painting for the evening, I even practiced patience with this piece, not sure when I'll finish it but I'm in no hurry for the end result as I'm getting lost in this piece.

Off to slumber.

Enjoy a sober Saturday ya'll!!!
Old 10-21-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning. I am at work on s Saturday morning - Boo!

Hi Kit, messed up sleep was the bain of my early recovery. In the end I found walking/ exercise to be the answer. My job is fairly sedentary so it was something I needed to do anyway.

But I am almost finished - Hooray!

Tetra, it doesn't sound like anyone wants to sack you, far from it. Gilmers advice sounds good to me.

Good to see you BigShoe
Old 10-21-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks saoutchik

Yeah I think the exercise is what I need, all my work is home office based so I'm sat at home all day working.

I'll start today with a good walk then I'm going swimming tomorrow.
I'm starting running again with my friend next week so that should do the trick, don't feel quite well enough to run yet so leaving it a few more days.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

K x
Old 10-21-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Mr

Good morning to all.
A lot of catching up to do.
Bimini, Yes we were worried about the plane. Off to see doc today. Complicated night.
Dreamcatcher, sounds very artistic
Hope you get some sleep kit.
Downthepath, I agree 100% "other people probably weren't thinking and/or talking about me"
T-Dragon you twisting me arm or pulling me leg ?
IT guy sharp wit
Hey purps and thank you for being here too.
BigShoe sounds like a good friday feeling plan.

Tetra, fellow leprachaun, ive been reading the weekender for months its comes across to me you give everything to work. You set the bar high.
When I was home a few times from xmas 2016 to 20th feb 2017 I got a "glimpse" at the irish health service. An old wise man (a dad and grandad) fully conscious lying on a trolley in a corridor in the last weeks of his life. Well I can say this ; despite the situation the nurses, staff, ambulance people everyone we dealt with, they were the pearls of a a system that sucks. Enjoy the rainy weekend.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning Sao have a good day.

If the weather is anything like in the south of ireland you are as well off in work today....
Old 10-21-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ah, so you're a posh Northerner, Kit. I see. :-)
I spent some time in Windermere as an 18 year old. Beautiful part of the world.
My weekend is full of milestones. 60 days yesterday, 2 months today and 9 weeks on Sunday.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Downthepath!
Old 10-21-2017, 03:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Of course!!!!! hahaha No I wouldn't go as far as to say posh!

I'm close to Windermere I've lived all over England including London but I'm from up North and like the more chilled out Lakes life now, close enough to get to Manchester / Liverpool if I want some city life...

I've been getting on with some housework and moving my bedroom into a different room, stopping the drink is making me want to re organise everything around me not just my life lol.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend, congrats on your milestones and stay in touch.
K x
Old 10-21-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Downpath

D