Old 10-20-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Tetra

There are a few things which annoy me the most.

My consultant was at a meeting last week. There are currently about 350 people on his waiting list for surgery. Some have been waiting over 2 years. Some have been waiting so long that they forgot they were even on a list.

Every single day I get phone calls. "When will I get a date for my routine tonsillectomy?" I go to the computer system and there is nothing about the patient on there. So I say "when excatly were you seen by the doctor?" The answer I get usually get is "Two days ago in the other hospital". I would say his secretary over there hasn't had time to type the letter yet. I know this is part of my job and I will have to learn to deal with stress a bit better.

Also I get many many visits from people who work in the hospital who have a relative on the list and want me to let them skip the queue because as I was told "we look after our own around here". Now I do not agree with this at all but my dad said "Oh my God Tetra, I know you like to do things by the rules but do not touch that minefield until you have a permanent position at least",

Like one of my doctor friends came to me with another co-worker. Her relation was on the list and he asked me to give them a date. I was not happy that (a) he brought this person to my desk and (b)they were both standing there looking at me. I hate that.

Then I have people looking for a date for routine procedures and then there are cancer patients who I cannot get a bed for (like this morning).

Anyway I will show up for work on Monday by 8 AM. I will not let people bring me down.

Now I will finish my milk and go to bed. Thanks for letting me get some things off my chest. Sleep well all of you and have a good day tomorrow.