Thank You Weekenders. 22-24th Sept

Old 09-21-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Bimini!!!!❤️
Old 09-21-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders!!
Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone well and say weekenders always holds a special place in my heart- amazing people on here!
As for me- I'm doing great- the usual ups and downs that comes along with being alive haha; but Im really happy!!!
Best wishes to everyone on their journey <3
Old 09-21-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Sao....you're such a good host! We'll miss your great intros, but I understand how much work it must be. Hopefully you'll still be around.....we need you on the sober bus too!

Congrats on your approaching 1 days as well

I'm in for another much needed sober weekend!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see some old faces
HAF - shotgun is yours! Dee can't have it because he's a mod.
it's not a rule but it wouldn't be fair if I took it - I start a lot of new threads

D
Old 09-21-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning all. Nice to see lots of familiar faces and welcome to all the newer ones too.
You 've done a great job Saou I too will miss your openers.
Best roll out of bed a head towards work..... of course shower... clothes etc first😂😂
Old 09-21-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone! It is really heartwarming to see so many familiar faces.

It is a beautiful morning here in London for a change, i'm so glad to be able to go to work hangover free, after a time it is easy to take it for granted which is why I am still active on Newcomers.

bimini, posting some music is a good idea, I will post some later.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!!!! Happy Friday!

Uggghhh Fridays. They were always my nemesis! If I could navigate a friday well I could maybe have some extra sober hours over the weekend. These days have changed so much that it can literally bring me to tears thinking about it.

Today I woke clear and so excited for my weekend. I am trying to meet new people in my life and met a guy who is so much in step with who I am and what I think. Refreshing to talk freely about things I never speak of. So we will take a day trip tomorrow and chat all the way there and back. Looking forward to it.

Been to the beach more this year than ever before. There are so many cool beaches in Maine.

I cannot be more thankful to the folks on this thread. Mecanix has been a rock for me. A true role model. Many here as well. The weekender thread literally saved my life. That's not a light statement nor one that is said without a lot of truth behind it.

If you think you can't, know you can! I had to blow up my life to get here but that was worth it. Stop at nothing to help yourself.

Off to work!

K
Old 09-22-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thank you for starting these threads even though i don't always post, but i always read all the posts. Your a star hun and well done on ur upcoming 1000 day x
also i have never really seen you repeat yourself hun xx

will look forward in seeing u around x
Old 09-22-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning everyone, welcome to another Friday. Boy I sure could use a few extra hours a day now (And the energy to go with it). I lost a lot of hours each day when drinking, then I was worried about what I'd do with my time when I quit. And now I'm active in my own life again, I need more time to do it.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Good to see some old faces
This is awesome!
Old 09-22-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Im IN
Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mr

back to business.
got a dose of AV at lunch time.
left work with a half intention of going to the swimming pool.
heading off in the car i was paralysed by a craving.
Came back to work.
Better now
Old 09-22-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Friday. School football game and long run planned for tomorrow morning. Taking it a day at a time..
Old 09-22-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Friday, huh? I've never been a weekend-only drinker. From the time I was of a legal age to drink, it was on. So luckily (unluckily) for me sober weekends held no special challenges. Everything was a challenge. Every thought, everything I did, every event, I had sculpted into a drinking event. That's quite a lot of associations!

Now, more than three and a half years sober I still have a random thought about having a drink, but it doesn't have any pull at all. It's a fleeting thought, much like a thought of - oh - that yellow dress I used to have. It's a, "Where did that come from?" thought. Just like I don't spend any time reminiscing about wearing a dress that is long gone, I don't spend time reminiscing about drinking days.

They were part of me, now they aren't. It's SO MUCH better on this side. So, so much better.

I'm in for a sober weekend. Business as usual! So nice to see old screen names.

Anyone who is struggling, please post, join in. You'd be surprised how much good it does to just say it out loud (ok, type it.)

Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

So nice to see familiar "faces"!
I'm like Bim - weekends were not much different than other days for me. When I was at my bottom, I either wasn't working, or only working part-time. Any day could be (and usually was) a drinking day. But there was one difference, and that was that my working friends had more time to hang out and drink on weekends, so for that reason, I tended to drink more.

Now that I work full-time, M-F, I look forward to my weekends and cherish them. Every Saturday and Sunday when I wake up and realize I feel good, healthy, and energetic, I thank the universe that my drinking days are over, and that I can do WHATEVER I WANT all weekend, without feeling like crap, taking stupid risks, or offending and worrying the people who care about me.

THAT is true freedom.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

HI Jen, Marty, and Brynn!! It looks like a December 2014 class reunion around here!!

I am in for the weekend!!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Since football season started I've been logging in to the 'football thread'. And checking here too...
Mr Saoutchik, you have done a fine job and set a good example for all to follow.

I nominate Bimini, the queen of meme with the gift of gif, to take over the weekender.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Nice to "see" you LB.

You could do it, couldn't you? Pictures of the garden and yummy foods and music...you have time!!

Old 09-22-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all your insights and I'm glad you will keep posting with us.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nearly home time, nearly the weekend "proper." I am going to buy some Monkfish, bread, peppers and rosemary on the way home for kebabs. I am out to Crazy Golf later.