Notices

Thank You Weekenders. 22-24th Sept

Old 09-24-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Just been label reading..... apparently mayonnaise and tomato ketchup have spirit vinegar in. Which derive from alcohol 😐
Can I ask for people's opinions please?
My can't eat food list is growing what with food intolerance as well as alcohol being in the ingredients 😥.
Hugs xx
No need to worry petals. Vinegar is by definition "sour wine", but that doesn't mean there's alcohol in the final product. Just how nature works. Yeast turn sugar into alcohol, vinegar producing bacteria convert alcohol into acedic acid (vinegar). Vinegar are usually names by the source of sugar/alcohol: malt(grains ), wine(grapes), apples. All of the alcohol should be gone though and convert to vinegar because enough water is added to allow completed conversion (and get a consistent final ph)

I stay away from some fermented beverages though as they do contains some alcohol and the labels can't always tell you how much. kefir and kombucha in particular.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hangover free Sunday morning. As usual it is steak and omelet for brekkie. Spinach, cheese, mushrooms and tomato. And I'll make some oven hashbrowns and toast. I am still working on coffee.

I actually slept until 7. That is unusual. Since I lost weight many years ago I find that early to bed keeps me out of the kitchen after an early supper. I'm an intermittent faster by nature, I eat two largish meals and a small snack all within an eight hour window. It's not for weight loss, just how I have eaten all my life. "They" finally gave it a name. *sigh* I could have written a weight loss book years ago and gotten rich.

I'll probably walk the big-hill beach today, I've gone the last couple days and it's been so beautiful. Seals and a huge sea lion, porpoises, eagles, hawks, the usual characters. The salmon are jumping, on their way to their final destinations.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Petals, I don't worry about vinegar or mayo. I don't like ketchup, but there is vinegar in a lot of salad dressings and stuff. It does have a slightly reminiscent aroma to it - but then so does bread for anyone who drank beer. I still eat bread.

One thing I did stop buying is vanilla extract, it was definitely triggery for me. It's made with vodka, and the smell of it was getting to me. I guess I can buy non-alcohol vanilla extract, but I haven't yet.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Late to the party on this thread, Sao, but wanted to extend my thanks as well, for your commitment to starting the Weekenders thread each week. It always gives me something to look forward to on "little Friday", and I'm sure it still will, whoever takes over. I hope you will continue to post elsewhere, it's always nice getting the perspective of another sober "car guy" on the other side of the Pond. Thanks for all you've done, buddy!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't participated throughout this weekend ~ but I'm still sober so that's what's important! Long work days yesterday & today but very rewarding. Glad to be here with you all!
Old 09-24-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Sober but sad my marital problems are unfixable and I'm so angry at myself I was in this same position a year ago and for the same reasons.

I'm hanging up hard right now because I just want to get drunk and numb everything I feel. Sighhh
Old 09-24-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

SAH, I was trying to cut back on drinking, and wanted my husband to as well when my marriage fell apart.

A therapist I saw at the time said to me, "Why don't you cut your losses?" Since I knew it was unfixable too, that seemed to be the best advice.

My life got exponentially better once we separated.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Don’t get drunk and numb yourself, SAH. You’ll set yourself back emotionally 1000 years. I admire your strength: you show so much more resolve than you did as little as a month ago!

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been there.

The pain will lessen, and the more sober time you accumulate, the more rational you’ll be. If you stay sober and clear-headed, you can be sure that the choices you make are sound ones.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've been doing really awesomely SAH...none of us know what the future hols but I know I'm better placed to deal with stuff sober.

You're not alone...You're among friends here

D
Old 09-24-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

(((SAH)))
Old 09-24-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
SAH, I was trying to cut back on drinking, and wanted my husband to as well when my marriage fell apart.

A therapist I saw at the time said to me, "Why don't you cut your losses?" Since I knew it was unfixable too, that seemed to be the best advice.

My life got exponentially better once we separated.
I had this exact same experience.
Well, except the therapist. I think it was my sister who made the similar comment at the time.

It was amazing once I let go of the need to make it work and just work on me.

Sending good thoughts, SAH.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thank you guys,

this lady at my meetings said the same she told me to buy that book the art of losing or something like that by a woman called bettie last name.

she said no worries just stay sober and one day at a time things will workout.

I hanging up to that i destroyed my life just because of this . i don't take alcohol lightly it have been my friend for the longest time i always knew i was alone but i hang up to the idea that i could change my moods and i could get anything away if i only drink.

my friend has betrayed me my husband has betrayed me I'm angry upset and disillusioned about life.

i won't drink. you guys said it will get better i want to be here once it gets better. I have been doing this for a while, i have not done sober living and maybe thats what i need.

I am not a bad person but i tend to do bad things when i drink i just need some help right now because my life is falling apart and i still want to drink.

thanks for all you help!i won't drink today because i don't drink
Old 09-24-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
.....i won't drink today because i don't drink....
Thank you SAH.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

"The Language of Letting Go"? by Melody Beattie?

That would be a good book to read, SAH - even if that's not what your friend suggested.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

yes thats the book
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Here's Sunset tonight up at ~6,150' as seen off the Patio @ MesaVille. It's a view best absorbed while Sober.

SR has been my sole Support Network, and the fit was a good one for this Introvert. Generous, competent Folks like Sao were integral to my Plan. A few pages back, in Post #54, SR Pal Bim pretty much said all I have to say.

I don't know that I've ever heard anyone claim they regretted getting Sober. In any case, that's been my experience. It's a transformative State Of Being you'll never regret.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:41 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

its beautiful mesa men
Old 09-24-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

i could not sleep, but i can do do this. please help me friends
Old 09-24-2017, 11:41 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I think it's wonderful that you are not drinking Sah. When we drink we think we are escaping from life's problems but it is fool's gold, in truth we are fixing them more securely in their place.

You're clearly not a bad person Sah and for many people things have got a lot better when they have separated from their long term partner because these things so often turn mutually destructive.

Good to see you DesertDawg, I will definitely still be posting, no doubt there will be some car- based pics too.

I am 1000 days sober today.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Just having my flu jab.
X