Notices

Let's Get Through Together, May Day Weekender 28/4-01/5

Old 04-29-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I've got a big bummer this morning.

This week I've got wallpaper put up. And I checked dropped by my apartment today and all the wallpaper is wrinkled. I can't reach the guy who is doing repair works for me right now, he is not available on the phone. I have to move in 2 weeks, and I have neither time nor extra funds to redo wallpaper. WTF.

I just literally cried. I am so tired.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry to read that MB, you could try going online for tips about how to correct this yourself, depending on how bad it is. Read what they say, you may well be able to straighten it out yourself using an iron and a teatowel.

It is quite nice now, a lot better thsn first thing this morning.

I hope everyone made it through Friday night, if not don't despair, if you feel like drinking post here first.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Last night was so tough, long working week, hard day and late finish. I wanted to drink so bad, had thoughts of stuff this I'm done..........but I didn't and went to bed and a good sleep, up fresh, some house keeping done and set for a shopping day with the family.

The AJ fight is going to be another nightmare tonight, watching it on my own instead of out with mates on the beer. Booked in for an early gym session tomorrow to help a bit.

Day 14 today. Have a nice weekend.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Morning all, start of day 5 here. Last night was good. We rented a movie. Made homemade pizza, and we both drank sparking water with cranberry juice and lime. I learned that drink in a different thread. Yum. My only complaint was that I was still a little hungry went i went to bed.

I was driving around yesterday and saw quite a few liquor stores. Seems like they're on every corner. And I thought to myself, I don't need to be obsessed with noticing where they are anymore. It's like vape stores. I don't vape. Don't need to pay attention to them any more than that or a tobacco store.

We have a busy day planned. Maybe ride bike or play an outdoor sport. Then going out with friends tonight. Luckily our friends mostly don't drink, so it will be easy, I think.

Good luck all! Have a great day!
Old 04-29-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Goodwork Mark1515 on getting thru the day. And Shitzupuppy for reaching day 5. Remember "post before you pickup" SR can help.

So one of the things I did yesterday morning was register online to find a doctor for myself. I have an aversion to the medical system and dislike / distrust of doctors. But I'm 6 months sober and in my early fifties. I'm way overdue for a checkup. I think the last physical I had was around 2008.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you for advice, Sao.

Right now it's pretty bad. I am honestly trying to find "gift amidst adversity" but at the moment I am just p**d off.

I'll cope with it somehow. Have to detach myself a little bit.

The weather made U-turn from below 0C to almost +21.

See you all later.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

MB get the guy back - you paid for a good job not a shoddy one.

D
Old 04-29-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Dee. I will.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I reached the guy on the phone. He'll be back in town tomorrow and will get to it.

Now all I can do it to apply the attitude of "decide what is in your control and give it 100%".
Old 04-29-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Day 4 and started the day with my old yoga routine (did the best I could muster up!) Went to the Dr. Yesterday so prescribed some meds to help with the withdrawals. Not having to work right now - so that helps also.
Thank you all for being here.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sun is finally showing its face

Definitely ring him back Mb x
Old 04-29-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Glad you have some resolve MB, thanks for your last line, I needed that today.

Rough day, feeling overwhelmed. Lots of projects looming before me. I need to sort them out and tackle one at a time.

I hope everyone has a good day, we'll see how accomplished I feel at the end of the day. Right now my head is buzzing.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post

I was driving around yesterday and saw quite a few liquor stores. Seems like they're on every corner. And I thought to myself, I don't need to be obsessed with noticing where they are anymore. It's like vape stores. I don't vape. Don't need to pay attention to them any more than that or a tobacco store.
This is awesome. One of the things I say internally is "Don't grab onto that." I just don't go down paths of thought that I know will not lead to something that is good for me. It takes practice, but cutting off those thoughts is critical.

Well done, Awake61 and Mark1515 for making it through Friday. Anyone else who is struggling, if you drank last night - it's a new day and everything can change for you starting right now.

LadyBlue, I guess this could go for all of us who future-trip. I have to keep reminding myself that everyone has the same 24 hours to spend. From the F&F side of the forum, out of one of the Al Anon recovery books, "The Language of Letting Go." (thanks, honeypig) :

Going Easy

Go easy. You may have to push forward, but you don't have to push so hard. Go in gentleness. Go in peace.

Do not be in so much of a hurry. At no day, no hour, no time are you required to do more than you can do in peace.

Frantic behaviors and urgency are not the foundation for our new way of life.

Do not be in too much of a hurry to begin. Begin, but do not force the beginning if it is not time. Beginnings will arrive soon enough.

Enjoy and relish middles, the heart of the matter.

Do not be in too much of a hurry to finish. You may be almost done, but enjoy the final moments. Give yourself fully to those moments so that you may give and get all there is.

Let the pace flow naturally. Move forward. Start. Keep moving forward. Do it gently, though. Do it in peace. Cherish each moment.

Today, Higher Power, help me focus on a peaceful pace rather than a harried one. I will keep moving forward gently, not frantically. Help me let go of my need to be anxious, upset, and harried. Help me replace it with a need to be at peace and in harmony.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

No D at 9:30.. text boss at 9:45... He's ten minutes out... 25 minutes later, no D.

He is more than welcome to not show up / call off because the next time he does, I'm gonna quit this assignment on the spot.

Come on! I need an excuse! Call off again!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Bimini, thank you, words I needed today!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the thread Shitzupuppy and Mark1515, glad you could join us.

A short while ago I saw something hilarious, the duck in the photo was attacking its own reflection. It would lunge and squawk, walk away a couple of metres, turn round and rush back at itself. Hilarious! This still doesn't do it justice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170429_153249.jpg (59.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-29-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's one of the ones i saw with young the other day sao
Old 04-29-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Happy Sober Saturday! Last night went to a great fish restaurant and didn't even have an urge for a drink. Whoo hoo...baby steps!

Just got back from a great workout. The weather is perfect today, breezy, warm and sunny. Wish it could be this way every day.

Make it a great one everyone!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Grocery shopping done. Sometimes it can be a stressful undertaking. I so much prefer shopping by myself.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I am starting to find a bit of peace in my mind and body, only 2nd day sober. Nice and sunny spring day here, cant wait to enjoy days like this to the full once the aftermath of drinking lifts a bit more.
Been walking a bit outside, managed to do tiny bits of house work. Read a bit in the Bible. Managed to eat reasonably and feel my appetite coming back. Talking to my girlfriend on Skype and sending and recieving so many lovely messages, she is true supportive beyond belief in my recovery. I bet 9 of 10 partners would have dumped my already after seing me in my most disgraceful drunken state, but she hugged me even at my worst, and keep being supportive - just miss her greatly, because we live apart. I feel hopeful even though i am still very tired and my body is still not in a good state, but i trust i will improve every day.