Old 04-29-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post

I was driving around yesterday and saw quite a few liquor stores. Seems like they're on every corner. And I thought to myself, I don't need to be obsessed with noticing where they are anymore. It's like vape stores. I don't vape. Don't need to pay attention to them any more than that or a tobacco store.
This is awesome. One of the things I say internally is "Don't grab onto that." I just don't go down paths of thought that I know will not lead to something that is good for me. It takes practice, but cutting off those thoughts is critical.

Well done, Awake61 and Mark1515 for making it through Friday. Anyone else who is struggling, if you drank last night - it's a new day and everything can change for you starting right now.

LadyBlue, I guess this could go for all of us who future-trip. I have to keep reminding myself that everyone has the same 24 hours to spend. From the F&F side of the forum, out of one of the Al Anon recovery books, "The Language of Letting Go." (thanks, honeypig) :

Going Easy

Go easy. You may have to push forward, but you don't have to push so hard. Go in gentleness. Go in peace.

Do not be in so much of a hurry. At no day, no hour, no time are you required to do more than you can do in peace.

Frantic behaviors and urgency are not the foundation for our new way of life.

Do not be in too much of a hurry to begin. Begin, but do not force the beginning if it is not time. Beginnings will arrive soon enough.

Enjoy and relish middles, the heart of the matter.

Do not be in too much of a hurry to finish. You may be almost done, but enjoy the final moments. Give yourself fully to those moments so that you may give and get all there is.

Let the pace flow naturally. Move forward. Start. Keep moving forward. Do it gently, though. Do it in peace. Cherish each moment.

Today, Higher Power, help me focus on a peaceful pace rather than a harried one. I will keep moving forward gently, not frantically. Help me let go of my need to be anxious, upset, and harried. Help me replace it with a need to be at peace and in harmony.