Notices

Let's Get Through Together, May Day Weekender 28/4-01/5

Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
My sister told us she has gone to Dublin for one of her meetings which I know is a load of rubbish and she is meeting her ex. When I go away I leave my parents a note with the name of the hotel, address and phone number. If it helps them sleep at night I am happy to do it. My mom asked her where she is staying? She said "I'll call you when I'm there". She did call alright but didn't give a name.

I highly suspect that if I got a bus out to his place she would be there. And yeah I'm worried. I asked my dad once if he hit her? He said "oh yeah. There were also times when he didn’t like what she made for dinner and he threw it on the floor". She is supposed to be on medication for her condition. Often he wouldn't let her take it as he said she didn't need it. At the time they were looking for a new place to live. All my dad asked was that they rent in town seeing as how she has no car and so she could be near her family and shops and what have you. Of course he rented a house way way out in the sticks thereby isolating her entirely. I saw my father's heart break many times when her ex would ring my dad in the middle of a row and tell him "take your daughter away". He eventually wised up to that and used to say "fine. I'll be there in an hour". Then he would back down. It breaks my heart to think she has so little self respect that she is so taken in by this loser. Anyway I have expressed my concerns. My dad told me 'I get that you are worried and I am too. I have spoken to her about it but I just can't worry about her anymore and you shouldn't either. Worry about yourself and focus on yourself. Take care of you otherwise you can't do anything". So I'm going to take his advice.

I went to see my companion last night at his invitation. We drank tea and ate cookies together and watched movies. It was really nice to just live in the moment and not worry about what is to come or feel guilty about what happened in the past. I know he cares about me and I care about him. That will do for now.
That's a proper Netflix and chill. lol

I feel for you.. I know what it's like to watch your sis be a dumdum.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
That's a proper Netflix and chill. lol
Funny
Old 05-03-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Night guys xx
Old 05-03-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I feel for you.. I know what it's like to watch your sis be a dumdum.
You are right though. It's terrible.
However there's nothing I can really do at this point. I'll just drink my tea and get some rest and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Thank you for the support and for giving me a giggle.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I wish your sister the best of luck Tetra.

I was walking down Great Eastern St about an hour ago and heard a dog barking quite forcefully. A minute or so later I passed two guys and a small labradoodle (I think) and one guy was saying "what was that all about?" (he actually phrased it a bit stronger than that) and the guy who had the dog on a lead replied "he was crazy" I hadn't witnessed anything so I thought nothing of it. A couple of seconds later a third guy is ranting and raving about this little dog (I cannot use his actual words) He was clearly unstable rather than intoxicated, the tricorn hat with a scull and crossbones emblem he was wearing was something of a clue. So I gave an embarrassed laugh which was meant to be friendly and this provoked him to fresh paroxysms of vitriol. I think it could have turned ugly but it was too busy for him to get really close and I just walked away. I could still hear him for another 20 or 30 metres. I seem to attract weird people.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Take care Saou its a crazy world out there.
Early start for me today 😐 gotta take my beloved old car for her mot. Gotta drop her off before work. Both work and home are mega stressing me out at the moment/still.
Hugs to all xx
Old 05-03-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning x
Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thursday morning. A new Weekenders is a few hours away.