It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 3

Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

No time to fix typos. Oh well.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Username7775 View Post
@sao, that is clearly a meeting spot for evil masterminds to secretly plot to take over the world. Such rooms are habitually filled with tobacco smoke, workplace regulations be damned.

Also, from a guy who has spent the last three days in meeting rooms piled high with stacks of binders and paper, that "table" seems completely inadequate.
You're quite right username, I think it is for show rather than go

Well really!

I get home from work and amongst the assorted junk mail and exhortations to part with cash is a communication from Her Majesty's Customs and Excise which strikes a very unreasonable attitude to a wholly innocent oversight that anyone could have made. It's almost as if they think I am trying it on! Heaven forfend
Old 07-27-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I have been crying on and off for half an hour. I don't know why I'm crying really. I go to work and I smile at people and I do my work to the best of my ability. I talked to my mom and dad - she only calls me once a day now - and I put on a happy voice. I said I would be home this weekend as it's a long weekend I think. She said she would make my favourite pasta dish. I asked my dad to buy the good ice cream. She told me my Grandmothers anniversary mass is on Saturday and she asked me to go with my dad as she can't face it. She does visit the grave and leaves flowers.

When I get home I just fall apart. I need to take this pain away. Cover up the emptiness I feel inside. And to be truthful now, the reason why I'm not drinking is because I can't afford it. My rent is due on Monday. I had hoped he would wait until the 4th August as I moved in July 4th but he said he is collecting every one else's on Monday and he would get mine then too.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
...holds the key

In the words of username...Typos be damned! Glad the training was productive, potamus!

Train cars like that always make me yearn for the good old days when things just seemed much more romantic. I know it wasn't really more romantic, it's nice to daydream though!

Omg! One of my jobs is to administer drug tests. I see and hear some whacky stuff, but what I saw today topped it all! Without going into too much detail, a person brought their pet and wanted to bring him in the bathroom with her saying it was a service pet when clearly it was just a house pet! Tons of excuses and could never produce a sample after almost three hours! We have to follow strict protocol on federal drug testing or else I would've sent her on her way after the first failure to produce a sample. Me and my boss spent the morning wondering if this was a secret audit lol!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I have few friends here. Most of them have jobs and families. My other friend lives in Co Kerry. I messaged her the other day to see if she would be free some weekend in August and I might visit if I could get a cheap hotel. She wrote back to say she is sorry. Her brother is coming home from Australia for the first time in 2 years. They will be meeting his fiancees family for the first time and her mom is going mad painting the house. She invited me down in September instead.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Tetra))) just remember it wont always be like this. A weekend at your parents will be good for you and a time to remember your granny with your family will be healing I'm sure. And you even get the good ice cream! Yay! Something to look forward to! Oh, and if it makes you feel any better money's tight for me right now too. I can't even afford the cheap ice cream!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

[IMG]www.fart.com[/IMG]
Old 07-27-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tetra

Old 07-27-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I blame this on MNL!!!!

Hey potamus

Old 07-27-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

just a quick hello... I realized I didn't have anything to drink for a while and I needed a gatorade, no g-ade... ice water instead... sweating like a pig and working in the sun... weeds took better part of four hours - 4 hours! putting down mulch a bucket at a time... you can actually see flowers now , and I found a friend
say hello to my little friend...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
p.mantis.JPG (81.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-27-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

well, he's out of focus... dirty hands, camera in auto... but he's cool
Old 07-27-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

awww. He (she?) is so cute.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Ugh you know what's even more depressing? I'm at home watching a re- run of Sex and the City. One of the male characters just said "look at me! I'm an old man of 34". I'm 35. Am I old?
I'm going to cry again - well you would cry too if you had to watch SATC.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Glad training is going well SoberP. You certainly are a smart lady.

I hope you arrive at a solution to your problems of the heart MLD.

Give living independently a bit more time Tetra. The things that are melting your head are things that you want and can work towards. Look at how much progress you have made.

B
Old 07-27-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I'm 35. Am I old?
I hope not, I'm 46 and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

On a serious note, TV shows like Sex and the City are a completely "fantasy" view of what the world really looks like. Most shows are on TV....they are meant to be entertainment, not a model to live by.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Tetra you are right you cannot afford to drink and it has nothing to do with money. Don't let this situation take away all you have worked for. Did you know that Sarah Jessica Parker came from a po dunk one gas station town in Ohio? I would never want to be squeezed into those heels and dresses
Old 07-27-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Do your best

Time for the sunscreen song Tetra this is one of my most favourite songs it's for you it's for everyone the lyrics are so powerful & deep

Without hyping if you haven't heard this song listen to it now - trust me on this
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

@Tetra, when I was 35, I was thinking that it was only 5 more years until I was over the hill. Now that I'm 41, I'm thinking that it will always be another 5 years until I'm old. That way it's always on the horizon, but I never get there!

On an unrelated topic, at seemingly random intervals, my hotel room on the 9th floor experiences the slightest tremors. The whole building seems to shake ever so slightly for no reason I can identify. It's... a bit unnerving.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I hope not, I'm 46 and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

On a serious note, TV shows like Sex and the City are a completely "fantasy" view of what the world really looks like. Most shows are on TV....they are meant to be entertainment, not a model to live by.
You take that back. I strive to live my life according to the Simpson's. And look how great I turned out!
Old 07-27-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey guys xoxo

Got a love letter in the mail today from roanoke- made my day; it was a beautiful letter too.

Marty xoxo
I like independence too.
Roanoke isn't clingy, but he's super all the way in too.
Normally that freaks me out and I run away too- but I feel the sane way about him so it's all good.
Why do you like handyman?? Are you really into him or is it more of a common lifestyle thing?
Are you crazy about him and just need space or does he annoy you?