Notices

It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 3

Old 07-27-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I so relate MLD!!! Sounds like so many of my recent relationships. Why aren't some people okay with independence? Isn't a healthy relationship two healthy people with healthy individual lives that compliment one another?? Not two co-dependent people who can't be without eachother??? Ugh!

Glad to be sober and in recovery today! Stuck in the office and wanna be out riding!!!!!!! Will I ever get sick of it????
Old 07-27-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Worrying this much about someone else's problem isn't good or healthy, MLD.

He's a big boy, let him handle his own emotional response to this.

Keep it simple, be honest. "I really need to slow this down right now. I understand you want things to be more committed, but I'm just not ready for that. Maybe someday, but not right now. Can we dial this back?"

Then listen to him, but don't back down. Maybe come up with a schedule you can both agree to. Wednesday and Saturday? No sleep overs for a while? A couple days off completely with no contact? I don't know but there are endless ways to take the stress off you. He doesn't have to agree, and you will have to be okay with that.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Thanks, Bim - the voice of reason.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

(((Marty)))
I agree with what's been said already. The important thing is you are in a healthy place emotionally.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Bim said it best. Marty, I don't think you want to end things. I think you actually like this guy. It's just overwhelming when you go from zero to sixty in about two seconds. No time to catch your breath. Especially when you're used to doing things on your own or in your own way.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ugh. meeting the new big boss. I should put in another appearance although I did just shake her hand.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Thanks, Bim - the voice of reason.
HA! The voice of reason from the person who sidesteps anything other than platonic companionship. YMMV. It doesn't stop them from having a totally separate agenda, though.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

fixed/modified issue with deck, replaced 2 fixed one low voltage light... decided to have lunch before I get elbows deep in dirt weeding out front...
someone asked "What's a pepper burger?" I diced jalapeno peppers very finely, then mixed in with lean ground beef before I made them into burgers. I should have put more peppers in them - next time...
As I'm finishing lunch she wakes up and asks if I made breakfast. Of course I did, at 7 o'clock, this is my lunch... you're a big girl...
I also cut up several years old fence boards that have been laying around - camp wood. 16 boards cut into 4s... nice little stack of wood for a camp fire... about an hours worth (heep'm big fire Kimosahbe)... but good starter wood...

oh, and thanks for the pickled turnips idea/recipe whover it was.. Marty? Olives? I'll have to pull some beets for this... and I love pickled beets too... great on salads...

guess my lunch break is over - back to work... and the legs didn't even notice my little sprint yesterday... and I took an equate zyrtek pill today... yesterday I was miserable, this morning I was miserable, seems to be forgotten already...
my eyes were burning and itching so bad yesterday I put in eye drops etc ... the pills took care of it... they actually work...

have a good afternoon, I'll leave it to the ladies to continue counsel MLD on men... what do I know?????
a song for Bim...
Old 07-27-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

It was me, Brain.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Bim, don't blow your cover!

((Marty)) Ditto what's already been said. Hate that churning angsty feeling trying to decide what to say and what not to say ugh! We're here for you sister
Old 07-27-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm thinking about an overnight in a hotel near a state park I haven't been to yet to do some hiking and thinking. Alone. I have it scoped out for Saturday, just need to pull the trigger.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nearly home time

I hope you find a satisfactory solution Marty, sorry I have nothing in the way of advice but bim seemed to have a good handle on it

I went to a rail company on the other side of London today, waste of time frankly but they had a cool meetings area made up from an old carriage section.

Not sure what the ashtrays are for, no one has been allowed to smoke in the workplace for decades. Or why they kept the overhead luggage rack (I didn't like to ask)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160727_180305.jpg (39.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-27-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

@sao, that is clearly a meeting spot for evil masterminds to secretly plot to take over the world. Such rooms are habitually filled with tobacco smoke, workplace regulations be damned.

Also, from a guy who has spent the last three days in meeting rooms piled high with stacks of binders and paper, that "table" seems completely inadequate.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Well I'm home from work. I really am so lonely. Actually right now I'm considering moving back to my parents. Will things ever settle down for me?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Early evening everyone
Old 07-27-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Just went on the date calculator and it said I have 900 days today-isn't that interesting. Haven't been on it in a while .
Old 07-27-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Give it some time Tetra, being alone in a town or city can heighten the sense of isolation at first but it wears off after a while. In addition, once you have been there a while and at your new job you are bound to make some friends

I am sure you will
Old 07-27-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Awesome HaF! That's great. Now I have to go use the date calculator.

Username, you're right, the table appears woefully inadequate for all the paperwork you've been handling. Maybe it's better to have tables like that to make us prioritize work?
Old 07-27-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I would have had 800 and some days if I hadn't chose to get high.

I have to agree with Sao, Tetra ... give it time. Remember how unhappy you were at your parents.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Popping in for a minute to say Hi. At lunch on phone. Training is almost over. Ive learned lots. Will miss the trainer. She is awesome.

Nice paycheck on the way, lol.

We have worked on ways to make me more efficient. She days im super smart, she can tell. And she says i am perfect for this job, so thats nice to hear.

Hopr all are well. Talk later.