Notices

Stay Sober Here - All Welcome ... Weekender June 5

Old 06-06-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
SU, stretch a little for your back. Sometimes I think we just need to listen to our bodies and yours was telling you that rest was needed.

Bodhi my travel section in the paper yesterday had a brief article about finding the best buttermilk biscuit in Savannah. I'll have to look at it later. I love biscuits.
Oh do tell when you come back!
I'm gonna get fat on this trip I know it.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by graced333 View Post
Awoke to an extremely crabby husband. I responded with some anger, but after a bit realized that anger isn't the way to go. So, I sat with it and slowly it has ebbed away. Feeling grateful that I can come here and share. And hubby has left for work! Yeah!
Enjoy your peace and quiet!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hey, class of December 2014 folks - I connected with GnikNus on another thread - he and I have the same sobriety date, so he has 18 months also. He's doing well! Thought you might like to know.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

put in 40 minutes on mando...

found my glasses finally...

wally world for netting and of course let's see what little flower packs are on the cheap... picked up some for the planters... annuals just till I figure it out...
oats without honey is like... oats without honey... put honey on the list!

be careful out them among them English Bodhi...

oh, and the random cd I grabbed today was a double disc... one is uploaded to the jeep, next trip next one...

and this was one of the songs... just for you Bodhi - hahaha

time to get filthy dirty again
Old 06-06-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

An interesting IKEA Hack for a Platform Bed. Brought to you by recent IKEA discussion here...

- IKEA Platform Bed Hack From Kitchen Cabs -

OK, this time it's for real. That's what a Drummer Pal used to say at our Gigs when he'd spy a Hottie at some Dive we were setting up Band Gear at. Platform Beds are on my Mind this Morning, since the one I built outta Redwood has to get set up today w/o fail. I need my unloaded Truck Bed back. After we drop off MesaMate's Crossover Vehicle early tomorrow for expunging the dead Meeses from her A/C Vent, we gots some major Recycling to drop off. Then, mebbe a Scenic Mountain Drive, and Lunch. And, possibly a stop at the local Dispensary for a new batch of THC-free, stick-on Pot Patches that ameliorate random pain in her 2 Bionic Knee Replacements. The Parking Lot at this Joint is often nuffin' but Geezers getting similar Products for what ails 'em. Such is Life here in Colorado...

I used a Glider Plane Wing concept for supporting my Platform Bed Foam Mattress. I set similar Boards to the Vid above on edge - like an I-Beam - so they'd support our weight + MesaDog. I like clear span under a Bed for easy cleaning, and for an uncluttered look.

92 F [33 C] here today; clear out to Saturday. The Swamp Cooler is already on, and freezing us out. Feels great! After MesaMate is off the Treadmill here, it's Brekkie and then time to move and sort accumulated Guano. Our local fav Charity will make out well this Week as we give even more stuff away to them.

No Mountain Lions were spotted chasing Bunnies this Morning, so this Monday is off to a fine start!

Have a Sober one, Troopz!

- 'Give It Away' ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers -
Old 06-06-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

It's simply beautiful outside today, I'll think of something to do outside. Might be nice to clean a bit, too.

Nothing much on the agenda except I'm waiting for a phone call from the hotel ppl I was consulting for. They couldn't reach a decision about culinary direction and told me to sit tight until they figured it out. They didn't get back to me and now they have, suggesting I may want to return the money they paid for me May. I told them I had forward momentum with 5 companies to get their kitchen built and get supplies, and that it looks like I didn't do anything the second half of May bc I was told not to do anything.

Its uncomfortable to be spoken to as if I had a money grabbing, non producing agenda. That's not me and it feels prickly. I will try not to get defensive. They're doing some revisionist history in their heads about expectations and parameters. I hate how it feels.

I told them to think of something I can assist them with so they feel they got their money's worth. So that's the call I am supposed to receive today.

It's interesting the desire I had to consult, but now when things go wonky, I really miss having an HR department to run these things by. It feels very personal with these guys, I don't like the tone. So there's a trade off with being your own boss. It's a lesson for the future.

I have started to put the workout classes I'd like to attend in my calendar. It's too easy to blow off otherwise. I have real goals I'm trying to achieve here- they are simple and not anything that'll get me hurt or burn me out. So while I still have sessions with the personal trainer, it would be smart of me to put the work in and get her feedback. That's on the agenda for tonight.

Smoothie time.
Xoxo
Old 06-06-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

They don't seem very professional Melina. They are the ones who told you to wait and not do anything, I guess they want you to be available for when they want you for free. They should have figured out their culinary direction before coming to you.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Check out the saw-toothed bill on this Aracari Toucan, just got a few cool pix on a long bike ride this morning. Mesa, I bet he could slice your snake in half?

High res here if anyone wants to see the whole birdie. http://www.upl.co/uploads/DSC00901465227292.jpg
Old 06-06-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Man! Chainsaw Beak! Amazeballs...
Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

you're killin me BigS, nice pic, I wanna live there...
maybe the missus idea of buying property in honduras wasn't a bad idea after all... of course, that was then...

enjoy your travels mesa... no sign of mr chipmunk here today so far...

Melina, plant cilantro or parsley in the open spaces... from seed, not from nursery plants... we are waiting to plant cilantro until tomatoes and peppers start showing up... otherwise it would bolt... that's why you plant from seeds...

worked up a sweat cutting the grass and decideded to make lunch, a mess of veggies, a few cut up brats, some chipotle sauce, toss in six eggs stir it all up and top with pepper jack cheese... and I am having a cup of coffee as I am still sweating... Mesa may be right, time to turn on the swamp cooler - but I'm a cheap bas...
Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
They don't seem very professional Melina. They are the ones who told you to wait and not do anything, I guess they want you to be available for when they want you for free. They should have figured out their culinary direction before coming to you.
Thank you, I agree.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Wow bigS, that beak is no joke!

Excellent pic!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

ruh roh rorge... the heavy rain and wind, and of course age were all factors in this discovery this morning... looks like an unplanned activity needs to take precedence over the daily yard routine... yeah, two flower baskets hanging from that -- btw, nice design on the deck when I put it in to extend the 'floor' outside the rails -- plants on top and hanging plants from bottom -- thank you, thank you

resurfacing this deck is planned by the end of June... need to strip it before we leave for gsmnp, and hopefully some hot dry days in between...

second cup of hot coffee about complete... sun tea is looking like it should be ready by the time I am drenched with sweat again... no lemons tho...

another song for Bodhi... followed by my discovery

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ruhroh.JPG (90.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-06-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Do your best

Looks swell brain

Was going to say brain when you saw your first veg come to life for the first time I guess it was as awesome as I'm feeling now thier not ready yet but my spring onions chives and basil are coming along I tried a bit of each and thought wow this is amazing I am growing my own herbs & veg this is excellent
Old 06-06-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on one year Fradley and the same to you Marty on 18 months

Wow BigSomb! Very impressive - you could crack walnuts with that

Have fun Jen The events of one of the few really good true crime books - In the Garden of Good and Evil - took place in Savannah (10-15 years ago?)

Hometime here at last
Old 06-06-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Melina, I heard that maybe storms are coming this afternoon so now's the time to get outside.

Brain's right about the cilantro (coriander). I have some volunteers sprouting from last year and it's already starting to bolt. I always find it odd that cilantro is usually gone by the time tomatoes start to ripen. I'll have to get some seeds. Or just let the stuff that's bolting reseed itself. I haven't planted dill in over five years - it just comes back, year after year.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I can't remember if I congratulated you Marty ... Congrats.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Congrats Marty!

Sao, I liked that book. That was Savannah from what I remember. Have a safe trip home.

BigS, that beak! What a cool bird.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Jen, this is an excellent store to visit in Savannah and talk to the beekeepers on staff and sample honey varietals.

Savannah Bee Company | Gourmet Honey, Health & Beauty, Gifts

I truly enjoyed my visit there.

And at this place I had an excellent ribeye and oysters rockefeller. The ambiance is wonderful and there was a great piano player. I sat upstairs and there is a lot of history in that building they will be happy to tell you about. Wish I wouldn't have drank so much that night, I can't remember any of the cool history. I remember the food was amazeballs!

Vics on the River
Old 06-06-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Melina, I heard that maybe storms are coming this afternoon so now's the time to get outside.
Thanks, Ruby! I can smell it coming in up here on the north side, I better get a move on!

I placed complaints to the city about my neighbor's back yard and our shared alley and someone from the city actually came out only two days later and issued them a warning! Their backyard is a rat haven, and they're not taking care of their part of the alley.

I don't know if they are sick or not able to care for their property, but it's heinous, no exaggeration there. The city guy was shocked.

Some drugged out dood went on a rat murdering spree the other night and now there are rat carcasses in the alley. I didn't peek out at him when he was doing it but I heard it all. A neighbor came and offered him a bottle of water bc he was so frenzied yet refusing help and couldn't be approached. City life!

I had never reported anything like that to the city in over 20 years of living here. I can't believe the city of Chicago actually worked for me. Maybe it's the $720 worth of parking and city sticker violations I invested since January