Old 06-06-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Melina

Morning, all!

It's simply beautiful outside today, I'll think of something to do outside. Might be nice to clean a bit, too.

Nothing much on the agenda except I'm waiting for a phone call from the hotel ppl I was consulting for. They couldn't reach a decision about culinary direction and told me to sit tight until they figured it out. They didn't get back to me and now they have, suggesting I may want to return the money they paid for me May. I told them I had forward momentum with 5 companies to get their kitchen built and get supplies, and that it looks like I didn't do anything the second half of May bc I was told not to do anything.

Its uncomfortable to be spoken to as if I had a money grabbing, non producing agenda. That's not me and it feels prickly. I will try not to get defensive. They're doing some revisionist history in their heads about expectations and parameters. I hate how it feels.

I told them to think of something I can assist them with so they feel they got their money's worth. So that's the call I am supposed to receive today.

It's interesting the desire I had to consult, but now when things go wonky, I really miss having an HR department to run these things by. It feels very personal with these guys, I don't like the tone. So there's a trade off with being your own boss. It's a lesson for the future.

I have started to put the workout classes I'd like to attend in my calendar. It's too easy to blow off otherwise. I have real goals I'm trying to achieve here- they are simple and not anything that'll get me hurt or burn me out. So while I still have sessions with the personal trainer, it would be smart of me to put the work in and get her feedback. That's on the agenda for tonight.

Smoothie time.
Xoxo