Notices

Stay Sober Here - All Welcome ... Weekender June 5

Old 06-06-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

The City issues a LOT of tickets for not clearing rat harborage, not cutting weeds, etc. etc.

Scary about drugged out dude and the rat carcasses. Yuck.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

ha. Sao. That book was 1994. Loved the movie, too. Excellent casting and locations (of course, 'cause Savannah.)

Time flies.

Mesa, I want that IKEA-hack bed. Could you and LB bring your tools and come make it for me? Kthxbai.

Bodhi, have a great time. I could use a trip.

I got nothin this morning. Drive-by posting. Sunny day, I'm outta here. Love ya's.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
The City issues a LOT of tickets for not clearing rat harborage, not cutting weeds, etc. etc.

Scary about drugged out dude and the rat carcasses. Yuck.
Me trying to live and let live extends up and to the point of the possibility of a rat chewing through my screen. After I had to shut my windows and miss out on some excellent sleeping breeze due to the terrifying chatter and movement of rats, it turned into Tattle Tale City up in here. Too gross.

There's enough that happens in this alley at night. I don't know what the attraction is, but warm weather + Chicago + alley= weird human behavior I would rather not know about.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
ha. Sao. That book was 1994. Loved the movie, too. Excellent casting and locations (of course, 'cause Savannah.)

Time flies.
Sure does wow! Mind I borrowed it from the Library so it was probably a few years old when I read it

Melina, they say that in London your never more than 10 feet away from a rat. If no rats there is certainly a human zoo out there at night lol!

You cannot turn the TV or radio on in the UK at the moment without someone going on and on and on about this bloody EU referendum. I am SO BORED OF IT! We still have weeks to go. Thank goodness I will be in France for some of the time
Old 06-06-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
. I also did not drink - which has got me through to today... ... which, for me, marks one year of sobriety Go well everyone Fradley
Good for you !! Such an achievement
Old 06-06-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Seems whatever BigS had has traveled through the internet and landed in Dallas. Stomach virus seems too simple a term for whatever this is. Anyway...fever finally down to a tolerable level. Strange hallucination/dreams all day and night....I can't remember the last time I was sick like that! Anyway...will try and catch up. I don't like missing out on y'all lives and getting too far out of the loop.

Marty, I did read about handyman and I'm really sorry
Old 06-06-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Congratulations on one year Fradley and the same to you Marty on 18 months

Wow BigSomb! Very impressive - you could crack walnuts with that

Have fun Jen The events of one of the few really good true crime books - In the Garden of Good and Evil - took place in Savannah (10-15 years ago?)

Hometime here at last

Hi everyone! At Toronto airport waiting for my connection
Yes sao! I plan to visit the cemetary! I'll take a pic for you!

Brain I'll have to listen to it at my hotel!

Marty! Thanks for telling us about Gnik
Old 06-06-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Jen, this is an excellent store to visit in Savannah and talk to the beekeepers on staff and sample honey varietals.

Savannah Bee Company | Gourmet Honey, Health & Beauty, Gifts

I truly enjoyed my visit there.

And at this place I had an excellent ribeye and oysters rockefeller. The ambiance is wonderful and there was a great piano player. I sat upstairs and there is a lot of history in that building they will be happy to tell you about. Wish I wouldn't have drank so much that night, I can't remember any of the cool history. I remember the food was amazeballs!

Vics on the River

Oooo! Thanks!
I'm actually very happy to not be drinking on this trip!
I'll remember everything and won't waste any days fighting through a hangover
Old 06-06-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Marty
Old 06-06-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Well done marty xo

Melina I kinda like the crazy rat story haha

I'm very pleased, each time I come to an airport the healthy eating options get better and better
Old 06-06-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Get well soon Brynn - tough on top of the other stuff you are going through

Trees - I hope your fingers are healing

Thanks in advance Jen
Old 06-06-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Well done marty xo

Melina I kinda like the crazy rat story haha

I'm very pleased, each time I come to an airport the healthy eating options get better and better
I'll text you pics, I'll spare everyone else here who isn't so morbid like us, haha!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ok I'm caught up.

Jen, have fun, be safe, and send pics! Xo

Marty congrats on 18 months and thanks for the heads up on sunking.

Sao hope you send us pics of France as well. I have to live vicariously through you travelers for a while till I can get some traveling funds.

Living in the woods I have everything from foxes to snakes to some really cool hawks that have had the same nest for years. I miss having a kitty though to catch mice. The owls and hawks do a pretty good job taking care of rodents but cats are the best. It's funny but snakes don't bother me but rodents make me hyperventilate. Gag!

Just had a cracker. First food in almost 24 hours fingers crossed.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Aw brynn xoxoxo
Yes post pics sao!

And do text me the rat massacre melina haha
Old 06-06-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

My brother has gone as he is flying back tomorrow and I'm terribly lonely. I guess this is the way of life now - we see our loved ones once or twice a year. I said "will you be home for Christmas?" He said "probably". I laughed and said "I wouldn' t blame you if you didn't want to come home for Christmas". I know my mom and him had a few minor spats over somethings. Although his wife is an only child and she told me that her parents would die if they did not come to Ireland for Christmas. I guess we will see.

Actually the new guy I have been meeting with is a Muslim so I guess I won't see him for a while either. (I know, I know. My friend already mentioned it to me. Although she does think it's better that he actually lives and works in this city instead of me sneaking off to various parts of the country. It's just a little fun anyway.)

My therapist told me that it's best to leave baggage behind so I called to see my aunts a.k.a. the three hags on Saturday. They were ok I guess. They were drinking wine when I arrived and offered me a glass of lemonade and some potato crisps. After, I politely asked if I could wash my hands in the kitchen? One of them said 'I'll go with you'. I used to live there. I know where the kitchen is. I guess she thought I would go snooping around or something. Oh the joys of my mother's oddball family...
Old 06-06-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening from a twilit London (the sun is almost down)
Old 06-06-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
saoutchik

There are some much slicker versions around but this is Dina Taylor & Co at their vocal best. Sorry there is no video of them

Old 06-06-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Get well soon Brynn.

Congrats on 18 months MLD!!!! Well done!!!

Enjoy your travels Bodhi.

Busy few days. Shower then GOT time.

B
Old 06-06-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hello sober team! I am feeling good today and happy to be back on schedule.

Full day of thinking and I loved it. I had fun today.

Will catch up later. Heading to the mall for a quick looksy of new clothes for next week's business trip.

K
Old 06-06-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Good afternoon (in my best Bela Lugosi voice).

taking a break, discovered some leftover eggs in the pan on the stove. She ate some and left me an afternoon snack... nothing ketchup won't fix... the best laid plans... it is amazing having so much to do that actually needs to be done... interesting that I didn't water my tomatoes or peppers during the hot spell. I just let em be. It seems the grew a foot after the rain we had last night - or I just wasn't paying attention. And there are potential tomatoes and peppers on the plants... I never tired to grow alyssum before... the seeds are smaller than fine ground pepper, so I thought I would try to start them in little pots... the came out pretty quick, but they are fragile little buggers... I tried replanting them this afternoon... they'll either be dead tomorrow or barely hanging on... it they actually grow, it should look neat...
put some begonias and vincas in the planters... easy peasy... 1.82 for six... sold! also got some "wave" petunias for half price to spot plant around the area... my greens are looking good... pepper there not so good... I knew this going in - not enough sun to grow peppers there.... all they get is late afternoon sun... I had tomato volunteers among my onions... but no cilantro this year... it's usually everywhere

thanks Ruby, need to get dill as well...