Notices

Stay Sober Here - All Welcome ... Weekender June 5

Old 06-06-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

oh, remove tea bags from half gallon container you had in the sun all day... fill tall glass with ice cubes, remember that you don't have a lemon but do have one of the green plastic limes with lime juice in it... give a squirt of lime into the ice, fill with tea, swirl it around - ahhh - it works for me
Old 06-06-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Do your best

Did you read my post about my herbs & veg L ?
Old 06-06-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I read your post, wolfie! I agree with how great it feels to grow your own food! It's so empowering and really makes eating a mindful meditation!

Xoxo
Old 06-06-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bodhi, Savannah Bee honey is to die for. And don't miss City Market. Tybee Island should be on the list, too.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

HAHA... I loved it! This tall very skinny girl had on all pink. A tiny short pink dress with polka dots, knee high pink socks or leggings or what ever those things are called. Bright PINK HAIR down to her shoulders. And to top it off she wore 4 inch platform shoes all sparkly with a leopard pattern. She was trying to walk in these ridiculous shoes that she kept turning in her ankle. I thought she was going to fall a few time. I absolutely loved her attitude. This is not normal for little ole Maine so everyone was turning heads. Good for her!

Picked up two pair pants and a bathing suit for next week. Mission accomplished.

TV time. Next food network star and eat some of my home made pickles!
Old 06-06-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

For all you need aficionados. Bees swarm bike in Loop, drawing curious onlookers - Chicago Tribune
Old 06-06-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Cracker and some potato successfully down. I'm really lucky to have such a great boss so no pressure to hurry back to work. If I feel like it I'll go in tomorrow afternoon for a while and get caught up.

Ken, what kind of bathing suit did you get? It wasn't the speedo variety was it??
Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Another boring end to another boring day here! I need a hobby or a rat slayer in a back alley to shake things up Everyday seems the same since getting sober....get up, go to work, come home, work out, shower, cook dinner, clean up dinner, go to bed, repeat. I'm grateful for so many things that sobriety has brought....don't miss passing out and sleeping fully dressed, the everyday morning hangover, or spending all that money on alcohol. But I do need to learn how to live sober or better yet thrive. I know, it's only been 39 days and truthfully I purposefully don't spent much "alone time" with myself investigating the mysteries of me.......it seems a slippery slope to allow myself to go there. Onward and upward....bring on Day 40! That's something I've never said before
Old 06-06-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

No speedo talk, next thing you know the Sean Connery diaper pic will be back.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Brynn- glad to hear the internal revolt is subsiding!

....and dear God....please, not a speedo....
Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sim, we have a recurring speedo theme here. You might not want to look for a while if you're queasy... There have been some fairly disturbing photos posted in the past.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling a little better, Brynn!

I am exhausted. Not that I really did much today, just still not caught up on sleep. I'll be getting to bed early tonight, that's for sure! We just had spaghetti, garlic bread, and green beans for dinner. Ice cream in a bit. I'm kind of happy the teenage son hasn't really gotten into ice cream. More for meeeeeee!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Marty, there's a nice thread in your honor on the Newcomers Forum, courtesy of our supportive friend, Wolfie:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ths-sober.html
Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I'm so touched! Thank you, Wolfie
So sweet!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Apparently, I'm easily amused:
Old 06-06-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

What? Weasel in a Speedo? Omg.....
Old 06-06-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

OK, that only took ~5 Hours...

Got the Redwood Bed put together. Part of the time went to putting other things away, and clearing off the Concrete Porch some. Now, I'm totally psyched to head up to help Bim knock out a Rogue Platform Bed. This illustrates a kewl aspect of Sobriety. You can get psyched about whatever you want. That doesn't mean you actually act on it. I Urge Surfed the Rogue IKEA Bed idea, and got over it. Hee hee...

Some Thunderstorms blasted through with those Wind Shears and Downdrafts that have been known to bring down Jet Planes. I say that only because Jen is surely safe back on the Ground by now. Plus, Airports now have Detectors for those nasty Winds. Man, it was rockin' & rollin' here, but has calmed down.

I bagged my 4th RV Trailer Mouse last Night. It would make for a post-able Pic, since it flipped the Trap over. Just 4 lil Mousie Feets up in the Air - like in some Cartoon - and the bottom of the Trap. I guess an expired Mousie Pic beats a diapered Sean Connery Pic, eh? The Clothes Dryer Sheets that some RVers swear repel Meeses ain't workin' for me.

This Water Trap below on Video works on Rats, Melina. Put one below your Window. I built one using an old 5 Gallon Paint Bucket. Fill it ~halfway with Water. They can't swim fo evah... Not much to reset, either. I'll be putting my Trap back into Service in MesaMate's Garage, since that's where the latest stinky Mouse Incursion into the A/C went down.

- Redneck Mouse Trap -

Way to knock back 1.5 Years, Marty! Totally Bitchen!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Jsbohi...have a great vacation!
It's thundering outside and I wish it would rain.
I'm exhausted tonight....suid, your 15 hour nap sounds heavenly. Do you feel ok?
I've got a class to go to tonight and I feel I'm going to flake on it. But hopefully I'll get a second wind.
Brynn...I missed your sickness over the weekend. I hope you are feeling better.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Evening everybody. Tried a Jillian Michaels CD tonight and she kicked my butt. I thought I was in shape. TOMORROW JILLIAN WE WILL MEET AGAIN!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I hit the gym and then I set up my Apple TV, woot woot, go Team Weekenders, thank you for your help! Mesa and SUinDe, y'all rock!

Brynnalynn I'm glad to read your guts are getting less bubbly. You barely eat as it is. We need to fatten you up is my guess, even though I've never seen you xoxo

In case anybody was following this from earlier, one of the partners in the hotel deal never contacted me today. I swear, I really hope they have decided to move on. I feel somewhat harassed. I'll sic the rat army in my alley on them, haha. Jk I just want this all to go away.

Tomorrow I have a big job interview in person. I made it through two phone interviews, an online personality assessment, and a menu project with descriptions, costing, allergies, why the dish works on their menu and basic cooking methods of each component. I'm excited for this bc absolutely no one I know is involved. That has been causing me a lot of trouble this year. Following tips from chef friends is great, and I'm so glad the business works that way, but when things go south you can't say much so as not to alienate the connection. Sucks bc I'm holding in some opinions that aren't the most positive.

Anyway, I'm excited for tmro. Like so excited I'm not telling anyone outside of my eat friends and I usually never do that with job opportunities. I'm a blabber.

I might go hit a late aa meeting. I went last night. There were some really good people in the meetings I went to that I miss. The weirdos I will ignore.

I'm learning balance.

Xoxo