Notices

Stay Sober Here - All Welcome ... Weekender June 5

Old 06-05-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Tetra, their quarrel is not your quarrel. Don't borrow trouble. As for resenting being home after freedom. Try to look at it as a corporal act of mercy for your brother. I'm sure he appreciates having you there, right?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It was good to read about your bus ride bimini. I use them in London sometimes - to go to Crazy Golf for eg but commuter buses have a totally joyless feel unfortunately

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Sao, I love how you are always on your Weekender ladies side. Our staunch defender. It feels good when a guy says that our guys are being bumtrons.
LOL! I have an ex wife, 2 daughters and 2 sisters so i'm used to being in the wrong. Admitting it - well, it saves time doesn't it

LB I would be tempted to cover the whole boot in that tape then tell everyone I had been chosen to become an astronaut

Glad you made it 2 wheel and we'll done for not gluing your fingers together

Fred, congratulations on 60 days. I just did the maths, 8555 days is 23 years 4 months . That is mostly amazing but also scary that you still relapsed. Hopefully in the next 23 years some product will be invented to make it easier
Old 06-05-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Haha sao!!!

Great story bim!

Marty I just read back to see what happened with you- awww xoxo
Rushing in freaks me out too.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Great bus story Bim.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Happy Monday morning. No work today. Gotta sweep up the leaves today. The garden is looking unloved
Old 06-05-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Trees. Enjoy your day off.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Someone just shoot me please. I've gone back to the countryside for the night as my brother is here and I feel hugely resentful.I have had a taste of freedom and I liked it.

On a different note, my brother and mother shouldn't be allowed under the same roof as each other. I can feel my stress levels rise with the tension.
Use this as incentive to find a place and move out before August.
Make it a goal and make it happen Tetra.
It's the logical next step, and the quicker the better for your sobriety
to my mind. . .
Old 06-05-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
Totally screwed up my little job re-wiring the brake lights on Mrs Fradley's car.

Drained last of the battery in the process.

So tried to roll start it on our short but steep driveway.

Screwed that up too, so now it is parked in a hedge.

Oh, and crushed the battery cover I had left lying on the ground as I rode over it too.

Now.... in the old days, I would not have dealt with this at all well

Happy Sober Sunday !

Fradley
Fradley, a good Sunday for staying sober for you -- well done !!! not so much for fixing cars -- sorry to hear that, reminds me of my other half trying to fix my car (I can hear the foul language now lol)

Love the 'what others think of me is none of my business' that's really funny and like you it helps a lot with my MIL. Not sure who originally posted it but THANK YOU KINDLY

I really like this thread, lots of funny and light hearted posts, thanks guys
Old 06-05-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2ihxl54.jpg [IMG]
Old 06-05-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Bahumbug! !!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
You got that right. And every man has to deal with the same thing. Even with new women... When is she going to start acting like all the other women. Just a matter of time
xoxoxoxox

forgot to mention, thanks for sharing your bus ride story Bim...

came back into share a pic of my repaired boot I was wearing - they both are taped up... I went outside and sitting on the deck I see these boots and I had to laugh at myself...
Great pic Brain, makes me laugh, just like home...lots of botch jobs lol.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

so I am outside and it starts raining... no problem, light rain, I can pull weeds for a few... rain turns into real rain... hit the shower, in less than 15 minutes I am standing at the sink slicing tomatoes when all of a sudden... an explosion right outside the house... it was lightning, the kind that scares the crap out of you... fortunately I didn't need another shower,,, but the hair was standing up on the back of my neck for quite a few minutes...
I actually just had to close the doors - it is nasty outside, got my flashlight right next to me just in case... just finished my reheated steak and pork with a whole baked potato - two leftover halves

so as I was pulling weeds, this song popped into my head...
Old 06-05-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

welcome bringm32 -- very cool.

and Fred,,, 2wheel... you are doing great

Ven, are them peonies by chance? I dug out my daffodil bulbs, I dug up the irises on one side, only a couple flowered, they needed to be dug up, I came close to digging out the peonies, but will wait till next week.... relocate them by the fence... I discovered landscape 'cloth' about 6" under the existing, whatever/garden... I am actually going back to the vision I had for this over 20 years ago... why not!

and speaking of those of us who mention our foibles... last week I dug out the iris in the front where the electric company is going to dig... trimmed them, cleaned them and sorted, put the keepers in a bucket... the best I can figure is that I threw them out with the trash last week... took a good hours work to dig em up, separate them etc... not gonna tell the neighbor -- I have plenty more.... it's a bad spot for iris anyway... some daffodils and maybe a dahlia or two...
Old 06-05-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I think peonies resent transplanting, but I suppose they'll get over it
Old 06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Haha sao!!! Great story bim! Marty I just read back to see what happened with you- awww xoxo Rushing in freaks me out too.
Rushing in never freaked me out before. This is new. I've grown, I guess. Or something.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Rushing in never freaked me out before. This is new. I've grown, I guess. Or something.
Me too- I never used to mind rushing in head over feet.
Now I hold off.

I don't hold off having sex because that's just fun!!!!
But a relationship is where my self respect lies- they can't have me and my heart unless it's gonna be right for me- and him.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Just completed online check in for my flight- yaaaaaay!

And I'm just bringing a carry on again haha
Old 06-05-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Me too- I never used to mind rushing in head over feet.
Now I hold off.

I don't hold off having sex because that's just fun!!!!
But a relationship is where my self respect lies- they can't have me and my heart unless it's gonna be right for me- and him.
I just bust out laughing reading that. When you coming to Philly?

btw, I assume you are leaving tomorrow? haven't seen anything from the TrachMan lately... his truck in working order?

and now for something completely different...
Old 06-05-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Topped off a great day watching crap on TV. Checked out new series of Top Gear. All big engines and tight jeans. It is actually entertaining and Joe from Friends fits right in.

Very tired now. Time for some shut eye.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Bodhi, isn't that an exciting part of travel -- that moment when you know you're all in and ready!

I have a question for anyone here who is handy around the house. Today, I finally tackled the guest room to go through stuff from Mom and Dad's. I've been avoiding it for so long I'd forgotten most of the boxes were actually old -- and we're talking three generations old -- photos. A whole 'nuther headache. On a good note, I got the picture hung in my foyer.

Unfortunately, when I went to open the blinds and get some light, the cord for the blinds snapped -- literally at the very top. There's not even a quarter inch of cord remaining.

Am attaching a couple pics. The shades look dirty in the pics but, honest, they aren't. (It was also hard to take a pic with not much natural light in the room.) There's no telling how old they are. They were in the guest bedroom when I bought my condo at the end of '03. It's *possible* that they were included when the condos were built in '85. They don't seem like top of the line, far from it, and newer, higher quality shades were installed throughout the rest of the house.

Thoughts? I truly am a nozzle at home improvement so any suggestions are very welcomed.

The problem is in the upper right corner.

Here's a closer look -- sorry, I know it's not very good.