Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Have I got a problem? or just a coping mechanism, drinking after trauma

Notices

Have I got a problem? or just a coping mechanism, drinking after trauma

Old 12-11-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not sure what you want from us WD?
Do you want us to tell you you're not alcoholic?

D
well no. im sorry if im fustrating you and not moving at the pace needed please dont make me feel like ****. okay you dont have to respond if you dont want to if im doing this wrong im sorry god il just shutup god sake, never tell anyone anything now im telling you what im thinking, i am sorry if its disapointing okay i bloody realise my stupid head one minute thinks one thing and then another, i will not say what i am thinking because it makes me look like im not listenting but see you cant live one way for so long and change instantly so i am sorry. i dont know the answer to your question. i want nothing from any of you so stop giving whatever it is you think im taking from you.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I did not buy alchahol that night. thank you very much.

I did drink on wednesday night , with friends i went completly over board, because i was humiliated. i had to climb out my chair to go up the steps in this club ( they didnt have lifts and im okay with it ) but the stupid women/man/both whatever. on the microphone shouted through the mic as i was making my way up on my ass " everyone look omg that looks like it takes alot of energy i wouldnt have bothered coming if i had to do that haha" everyone staring at me my friend was amazing carried my chair up but god sake i cant be invisible if i tried. so i just drank and drank but so were my friends , my other friend was so drunk she got kicked out so i wasnt the only one drinking i just felt so crap. then the next day thusday i missed my nerve conduction study because i was too busy being sick.. havent drank today as i said i was never drinking again after missing that test as im going to be refund back to my gp now as i already postponed 2 apointments.

But here we are friday. its 12.24 and i am wanting a drink already this crap is hard and its stupid and i hate it. and im just annoyed at my self.

I have alot to do today. well not really but i said id order some stuff online, and attempted to cook in my kitchen for the first time since being home , every damn task is overwhelming, just want to go nahhhh GET wine get in bed done sorted. i feel so awful i really do , and now i feel like crying comeing back on here reading " what do you want from us" makes me feel like i am doing something wrong by saying whats on my mind, i really hate this, and now i feel i should really not have come on here, unless i had a succesful story , this is why i dont tell ANYONE my stuff unless its good news because just like this im just one giant disapointment.. " really what did you want from us??just to tel you your not an alki because your not listenting to anythign were saying your still drinking your still talking this crap what do you want really?!?!!

Nothing i dont want anything, i only wanted to talk
Old 12-11-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

What are the gp going to do for me? the gp dont deal with my meds anyway , the pain consultant does, and she knows im no longer on any hence why im having treatment in theatre in janaury for pain.

The gp are going to say " stop drinking" im not stupid, i know i need to do that. they didnt do much help last time i told them.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please relax, wheelingdizzy.

It wasn't a question meant to demean you, embarrass you or make you feel badly about yourself.

I was trying to get at your ambivalence - why you want to stop drinking, but still keep drinking.

On a board like this, I don't know any other way to do that by ask questions.

I meant absolutely no hostility, and I certainly didn't mean you had some kind of nefarious agenda

D
Old 12-11-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

ugh. can someone just delete this post? i wish i never came here. because il go away and come back and it will be more "why dont you go to your gp" " what do you want from us?" "why dont you change" i get it i get. thanks.

sorry for wastign everyones time because it appears despite accepting i may have a problem it aint disapearing that fast because still have to wake up with my damn self everyday. you wont believe how hard this crap is really you wouldnt even imagine, to have all these responsibility on your shoulders, yoru the one that cares for everyone to suddenly just like that BOOM you cant do hardly any damn thing im 24 years old and i cant control my own bowel and bladder, so sue me if i drink to run away from this stupid crap. im allowed to have a bad day.

EVERYONE says omg you look amazing omg how do you adjust so fast!! omg you make disabled look good "

last week got stuck in the damn building when the fire alarm went of everyone asking " do you want me to wait with yoU". no i dont want to be the reason someone dies if the freaken building lights up. i feel so damn useless. and worthless and worth nothing.

i was worth nothing before not having the use of my legs, now i am nothing but a burden to everysingle person.

its funny when people look at you like there going to catch it. i explain its my spine im not diseased.

i have never been so lonely in my life yet ive had a busier social life than i have ever had ( all includes drinking obvcourse) i have great helpful friends.

do i like the fact that my friends have to carry my wheelchair up and down places no! because i dont feel equal and its not fair they have to do that. and i hate it.

on a day to day basis. im supposed to advice and listen to people.

no one has ever listened to me , though they would , you have no idea the absulute hatred and disgust i have inside for myself.

my whole life. has never been good but even since childhood it was all underwraps and it still iss. and this last thing that happened is the icing off the cake. its lovely when your on a night out and someone walks up to you and says " omg i would have killed myself if i ended up in a wheelchair" do you think im joking? do you think someone actually wouldnt say such a thing? well they would and they did.

but then im not allowed to have one bad day. im not allowed to think stupid crap that makes me look dumb and makes people think " what does she even want here?"

you know what. i dont want anything from anyone and i never have my whole life all i have done is help others, and im happy doing that.

i had a mommen of maddness were i thought i might try and help myself.

what a mistake. one success i didnt drink that night i was going to.. fail i did couple days later. worse human being in the world.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

why do i want to stop drinking but yet keep drinking. because i cant help it!!! i hate myself i hate my body and i hate not feeling buzzed thats all i know. your all amazing, and clearly i should not be here till i am ready to quit. and i am sorry for that. i thought i was ready. sometimes i am.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Hope you made it through last night Wheelingdizzy!!

You can do this!!
I did make it through that night.. but then drank wednesday night .. did not drink thusday. have not drank today yet. but i know i will , most likely.. if i have made shepards pie.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

All the posts here are people trying to help you - they really are.

Obviously we've got off on the wrong foot and no worries - I'll back out of your thread and I wish you well.

Just one last thing though ..

*please* do not go down that 'you'd drink too if you had a life like mine' path

I have cerebral palsy. I used that excuse for 20 years.

All drinking did for me was make a crappy life much much worse.

Not drinking has given me a great life

I really really hope you'll give not drinking a chance - and I hope you'll give this community a chance to help you too.

best wishes WD,
D
Old 12-11-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redladyslipper View Post
Hi, wheelingdizzy. You sound like you're going through more pain than any person should have to deal with. I'm so sorry.
I'm just going to be blunt. I don't see any difference between your drinking habits and mindset than so many others who call themselves alcoholic.
You're getting this from a severely addicted alcoholic, too. One who does not even care about alcohol sometimes for weeks.

Drinking to kill pain? Addiction to other meds? Those are high signs of a predisposition to me. Not everyone who goes through trauma drinks to cope.
Alcohol addiction is life threatening and brings other people near the addict down as well eventually. It's not something to even play with.

You are in a very fortunate position right now because some of the worst problems alcoholism brings haven't happened to you. I'm not calling you an alcoholic. I don't know you and it's for you only to determine.

I hope you stay on this board and don't think people are judging you or giving up on you. That sounds like the lies depression likes to tell.

I don't want to see yet another person fall down the drain like I have. It sneaks up on you fast. I think you can learn a lot by staying here and reading other's post. I know life really sucks sometimes but you never know what each new day will bring, ya know? Sorry to sound so trite but it's true.
Wishing you the best
Your right, I do have a predispostion
Alchahol, my issue with tablets started when I was 8 years old, ( An attempted at suicide with my dads diebetic meds lol clearly an 8 year old doesnt know how many to swollow lol)
addiction with tablets again 13,14,15 loved pure codiene, 6-8 per time just to feel the dehydrated dry mouth , weird feeling on a 3 day bender of no sleep.
Cutting.
eating disorders.

I am addicted and extreeme with everything. I have many phases of normality. so i thought I was doing great, not engaging in all those, I didnt realise I was sicking into another addiction.

And your right. most people who go through traumas are stronger than me lol i understand that reallly, i just think from such a young age, hiding all the stuff i have, has ruined my ability to cope with things normaly.

and yes i do feel like people have given up on me already lol. or that they think this is one big joke this isnt realy ive just come on here to be a troll because who would be such a looser like me ? theres bits i want to say that will cause me to get judged further, so im justing holding back.

but thank you for your time

Thanks and your right. despite my low life attitude, I own my own home and im only 24 , im doing a degree ( which i started 3 weeks after coming home from the hospital) so my life has not fell apart, and i dont think it ever will and this is what makes it worse, that i could be going through so much , the sort of person whos life is perfect yet they kill themselves because people just had no idea what is happening. i am that person. you know? thats scary.

if my life isnt going to fall a part then how am i an alchaholic? this my my thought map.

As you know ive been drinking so many times a week, yet i am the first person to hand in essays that are due.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
All the posts here are people trying to help you - they really are.

Obviously we've got off on the wrong foot and no worries - I'll back out of your thread and I wish you well.

Just one last thing though ..

*please* do not go down that 'you'd drink too if you had a life like mine' path

I have cerebral palsy. I used that excuse for 20 years.

All drinking did for me was make a crappy life much much worse.

Not drinking has given me a great life

I really really hope you'll give not drinking a chance - and I hope you'll give this community a chance to help you too.

best wishes WD,
D
omg did i say that?

I dont mean that at all " youd drink if you had a life like mine"

why are you being like this?

I know people have shiiter lifes than me did i for once say mine is the worst ? no i didnt say that neither did i mean that. thats horribel to think i ment that.

people drink with perfect lives or crap lives it doesnt matter.

look im really going to have to go off here because your not even getting me

my lifes perfect okay . whatever. oh weldone its exactly the same jesuse ive been injured 3 months yes thats exactly the same as someone born disabled. you completly get it lol obvourse. please do go on.. about how you get it.. sure. lol absulutly funny really it is. you have no idea whats so ever what its like to go from being completly abled to disabled over night, so i think your actually being rude . most people with spinal chord injuries are suicidle for about 3 years after, you dont actually even get it. so . thanks. lets leave that one. have a good day. your awsome. weldone you used your excuse for 20 years. think im okay being human for a minute feeling abit crap 3 months after yeah thanks.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Take care Dee. thats all.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too

D
Old 12-11-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
You need to get rid of that picture of the alcoholic collapsed under a bridge somewhere drinking out of a brown paper bag all day....sure, that is a reality for some. However, if you read around this site you will see that many of us...even in our darkest hours held jobs and raised families. In short, we held together more responsibility that you currently are yet we acknowledged that we were alcoholics.

Only you can decide whether or not you are an alcoholic. Based on what you have written you pretty much know you have serious issues with alcohol and maybe even dependency to some extent. Why not drop the drinking while you figure out the rest to be safe?
You know, this is not my view of an alchaholic.

I imagine a posh lady drinking wine out of a a wine glass that looks like a flower vase lol

But whenever i ask someone ( not as myself) just generally, how they describe an alki is someone whos life is breaking apart, so it makes me think " oh im fine"

Can I ask were you raising a family when you were an alchaholic?
Old 12-11-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
Hi Wheelingdizzy,

I just read this, and am so sorry that you're having to deal with such a major, life changing trauma.

People have made some excellent points already. The question of whether you are or are not an alcoholic is one that only you can answer. Certainly everything you wrote could be seen as symptoms, though. The quantity, the frequency, feeling the need for a drink at times. And having had issues with it in the past.

What would also worry me is that your life situation has changed dramatically. I don't know if the old rules apply in terms of comparing your drinking now to what you drank before. You're having to find a new way to live your life, and right now, alcohol is playing a big part in that. You mentioned that you aren't taking the pain killers you were prescribed, and are using alcohol instead. Is that potentially just replacing one potentially harmful addictive substance with another? How will you know when you can cut down this "medication"? How will you know if you're taking the right "dose" or do you risk keeping having to increase the amounts to get the same "buzz"?

You've written about having to deal with huge amounts of change you didn't plan for or expect in a relatively short space of time. With more uncertainty ahead with further operations and treatments. All while publicly holding it all together to the point where people think you're coping perfectly.

I guess my real concern is whether you feel you have to keep appearing to be coping perfectly. Whether that's part of the image you're wanting to project. And if so, whether you're remembering to put your health and needs first during this difficult period of adjustment and are reaching out for support and help from everywhere you can get it. And that reaching for bottles of booze isn't an attempt to deal with your situation yourself, without letting anyone else know how badly it's affecting you.
thank you for your time,

and you have worded everythings great.

can you explain this bit " don't know if the old rules apply in terms of comparing your drinking now to what you drank before"

And your right i gues il never know what the right dose is, and the funny thing is it doesnt make the pain in my spine better, but it makes it more managable because i just am feeling so out of it.

I thought i was doing the right things stopping meds, as i said i told my gp not to give me a big dose of morphine, it was either the morphine or i go back into hospital which he wanted at the time ( this was the day after i came home )

but when they prescribed me this giant bottle i couldnt believe it.

il be honest twice i took 5mg when i just wanted too.

then i realised i needed to stop.

i thought i was really proud of myself then .. but it appears im not doing aswell as i thought lol

And no, Im not getting help were i should be getting it. because i dont want to feel i need help.

Refused help from this thing you get a package so someone can come help you in morning and bed time with personal care, that is not something for me at all.

the spinal chord injury charity who came to see me in hosp insisted i talk to a solicter due to the negligence that made my injury worse while in hosp , i spoke to her once. i find it overwhelming. and i told him i dont need money anyway.

every one says you dont look disabled you look so cute just sat in a chair . i dont want people to know i need help. it takes me 45 minutes to put my shoes on in the morning. i wear the highest heals, and i wont swap them for trainers, even though i know there not doing my feet any good now i cant barely feel them i dont care lol

i think there might be something wrong with me because the sci(spinal chord injured) people i have spoke to said i dont seem to care whats happened, im just like whatever , i havent orgonized regulare deliveries for my personal care items etc,

and i go up and down on my ass everyday to go upstairs etc which is bad for your skin but i just dont care, i dont care about any of it, i really dont other sci people cant believe i starteduni so soon etc. sometimes i get really sick i think my body catches up with me and then i realise damn i am disabled i want to switch it off.

when im out with my friends i transfer onto a booth seat and push my wheelchair to there side and i sit there and drink and drink, not disabled then you know?

you really are right. i dont want to let anyone down.. people walk up to me and say " wow my mum and dads disabled and i wish theyd come out and have fun dancing and not care about anyone or anyone looking like you your amazing " people are happy when i look happy. how would they feel if they knew maybe im not doing so great? i want to be perfect, and i could be perfect, i could act like my life was perfect before this, now im sat down in this chair, there is no hiding it.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
You need to get rid of that picture of the alcoholic collapsed under a bridge somewhere drinking out of a brown paper bag all day....sure, that is a reality for some. However, if you read around this site you will see that many of us...even in our darkest hours held jobs and raised families. In short, we held together more responsibility that you currently are yet we acknowledged that we were alcoholics.

Only you can decide whether or not you are an alcoholic. Based on what you have written you pretty much know you have serious issues with alcohol and maybe even dependency to some extent. Why not drop the drinking while you figure out the rest to be safe?
i cant just stop though..

who really can just say " Il drop the booze" and stop like that. cutting down would be a good start..
Old 12-11-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Im sorry dee honestly i know your trying to help.. for me , i know i just cant win lol,it just feels like the one time i try to say how im feeling someone trys to make it smaller. or compare it to themselves when i see no similarity at all. but i dont understand your struggle and i dont think you understand mine , but thank u for trying, and hope everythings ok with u..
Old 12-11-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hey, you are my hero here. Seriously. No kidding.

I mean - I am still struggling with putting myself together in terms of outfit and the like. And girls who manage to pull it - I sometimes feel like approaching them and asking "What in the world is your secret?"

And it speaks volumes that you keep putting yourself together under circumstances - it shows your self of dignity and willpower. And now it's turn to channel some of it to kicking booze out of your life.

As for:
"so they say if it doesnt effect your life your good?"

Who says? Conventional wisdom? It says a lot of baloney. It effects your life. Big time. It hurts like hell. It's real. It's more than real.

"i mean its not effecting me money wise im doing fine. "

Meaning - you have roof over your head, food on the table, cute outfit? Ok, this level of Maslow pyramid is still fine. But how do YOU feel? Society cliches of how a drunk looks like are not a barometer for your well-being. If you feel need to find escape in wine, chances are you are not doing fine.

"and then i think as its not vodka wine isnt so bad."

Been there, done that. I actually hated vodka - no taste, no smell. Yeek. Wine - that was "another story". Civilized, glamorous. Look at TV shows - main characters seem to have their palms glued to long-legged wine glasses.

When it comes to addiction wine is just as bad as vodka - it just takes longer to get intoxicated and delusions to fall off.

Take care of yourself. Keep posting.

This made me smile really :P

And people do walk up to me actually and say " omg great outfit" lol as its only uni and im matching my heals with my outfit and my bag etc lol

your so lovely and a breath of fresh air!

Dignity and willpower- wow thats amazing, never would have thought of it that way!

I love abit of Maslows pyramid!

And I gues purely if you need alki to escape, then i gues im not fine

whats the difference between an alki and bidge drinker?

it seems booze makes me do things i otherwise find to overwhelming to do like today is a free day and i have said " you are not drinking untill you have put one bag of cloths away and made a shepards pie" so its helping me in some ways.

How about i have a word with msyelf lol and instead of a full bottle. only half a bottle? because i feel half bottle hasnt been enough recently ive drank a full bottle in a minute downed it and wanted another one but lucky didnt have any in. but i want to have a productive day tommorow, so for me to do that i need to make the shepards pie now. put one bag of washing in dryer. then empty one bag . maybe tidy bathroom, then go get a bottle by say 3pm. were on 1:30 now
Old 12-11-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Wheeling,
I do say hi and chat with "wheelers" as you call yourself. I do know you are invisible to most out in public. So it's up to you on that score.

I have friends with issues. My wheeler friends are not in pain anymore, and I don't doubt you are in pain one bit. That is the problem and the core of the dependency on pain meds and alcohol.

I am in serious pain too daily. Spine and neck. But I only take Naproxen Sodium, an NSAID. I did the alcohol self medicating and knew better than to do even one OxyContin when they were prescribed. Before that I was prescribed Lortabs took one and disliked it so flushed the rest. I took alcohol instead and was afraid of mixing. Once I was drinking like you.

So now you are in a wheelchair, and that is preferable to not surviving. But getting a gift like that, another chance, then going into the slow suicide of alcoholism just seems ungrateful for your life.

I have a friend who is 40 and has two kids and is a pain meds addict. His wife is in the military and he has had one thing after another for the six years I've known him. Being his friend was difficult because he was in no more pain than me. He knew I knew. I don't do codie so his tantrums and denial fell on deaf ears, I just say CYA later, I am late for my life. We became friends when I was still drinking from morning till night. I'm retired military and well educated, and didn't get alcohol as my one true faith until about five years before I quit.

I used to try to mask that I was just another alcoholic by calling myself a functional alcoholic. I compared constantly. As long as I could find others who drank more than me I found cause to dismiss my very dangerous addiction to just being happy. I KNEW AND CALLED MYSELF AN ALCOHOLIC BEFORE I GOT REALLY BAD. I kept myself in Cognitive dissonance. That is when your beliefs and your behaviors disagree. It causes distress, that must be relieved buy resolving the cognitive dissonance. We can only do one of two things. Change the belief (denial) or change the behavior (stop drinking).

You can easily decide if you are an alcoholic. Just stop drinking for 30 days. If alcohol does your pain then take any NSAID or see your doc for a non habit forming solution.

I did not lose my ability to walk. I merely was committing slow suicide and I'm not suicidal. So I signed up for a week detox in a hospital to be sure I didn't throw seizures and die or become disabled.

One thing you need to acknowledge. Sobriety forum here - are you trying to get sober and quit? How bad do you have to be before you look at the man in the mirror and in wee dark hours of the morning, wake up?

We've all been where you are. But why post while drinking here? If you aren't an alcoholic quitting for 30 days is a no brainer easy task. Go visit any children's ward and you will see sobriety is so easy even babies and children can do it without even thinking that they are depriving themselves.

If you aren't sure just try 30 days sober with your doctor's help in getting back to normal. See your natural endorphins are not being produced when we use substances that fill those receptors already. So it takes three days to detox but weeks of struggle as the endorphins start to flow again.

I wish you luck, and a quick path to awareness of where, and what, you are and want to be. Being wheelchair bound has nothing to do with that decision.

Talk to your doc.
Thanks for the advice. Funny enough i dont feel invisible lol everyones looking at me lol

maybe after a while il feel invisiible lol i cant wait :p my social anxiety would apreiciate the invisibility.

thank you for your sharing of your story and sorry to hear about your friend.

I won quit for 30 days yet.. im of uni for 2 months, so im going to enjoy it .

I will try and quit in febuary..

im sober now

when i posted this i was not sober. but my friends all say " omg you never get drunk, no one can ever tell when your drunk your just the same when your drunk " etc, " how can we get you to get wasted" lol little do they know my lips went numb hours ago and for sure drunk but i have good control over my behaviour unlike most my friends who get roudy cry etc.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wheelingdizzy View Post
You know, this is not my view of an alchaholic.

I imagine a posh lady drinking wine out of a a wine glass that looks like a flower vase lol

But whenever i ask someone ( not as myself) just generally, how they describe an alki is someone whos life is breaking apart, so it makes me think " oh im fine"

Can I ask were you raising a family when you were an alchaholic?
Yes I was. Until 11 days ago.
One way of looking at it is to ask yourself: "if I can do xy and z how can I be an alcoholic?"
Another way is "am I losing control when I drink?".
From the outside I looked like I had a textbook life of achievement and married bliss....but really my drinking was out of control and it was screwing with my emotions and making things harder for me. It was taking the joy out of my life. When I realised that the alcohol was the cause of my emotional problems rather than the cure it was a light bulb going off and I realised then that I really needed to quit or it would eventually kill me.
I don't know you but from reading your posts I can see that you are hurting and I think it is almost certain that your drinking problem is a major contributory factor. Just my opinion.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I just need to clarify something regarding someone thinking im saying " youd drink if you had my life"

I am the complete opposite to that, so I am hurt that is how you all have understood what I am saying.

I will put it clear.

I think the opposite because I am aware if others had my life they would handle it alot better than me.

Second of all, I do not think I am anymore worse of than me, I do not sit at home drinking and wollowing.

I have been home 3 months and in these three months I have already made changes for other disabled students in my university. & Made being at my university better for disabled students, as I am the student rep, I go above and beyond what I am ment to do, not just to help disabled students but to help any students who have additional needs, or needs extra help.

I am in no way a self centered person.

So how I am coming across may seem im thinking " oh you would do the same bla bla" not at all.

I am really upset to be honest, because as I said the one time i have decided to say look im feeling **** , im getting " oh dont give me this you wouldnt be able to handle my life" because that is not what i am saying one bit.

I couldnt give a crap about my life. and i dont think any one can even gues what ive been through from just the small crap ive said so you actually do not know how you would have coped with some of the stuff i have dealt with. ( not talking about wheeler life pre wheeler life i mean)

So I just wish people would really just take a momment and understand that yes I may be coming across " its all about me my crap is so crap", but tell me can i not do that, just this once, without being made to feel guilty> really can i not just be a human being who is allowed to say these things just here. this once, because if the answer to that is no , then im stuck really, i am glad i havent said all this crap in real life because if someone said to my face " oh dont go down the path of youd drink if youd had my life "i would be mortified, because if i felt that way i would go round teling people the disgusting violent crap ihave been through no. im not saying that. and i infact think everyone is stronger and would deal with thinga better than I have.