Notices

Favorite Summer Music Sober Weekender! July 31 until

Old 07-30-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
pray for strength

This reminds me of a time way back when the summers stretched far and wide. The high-pitched scream of the cicada from somewhere out in the weeds or trees. Freckled and burnt cheeks from endless days spent in the public pool, resting only when the ice-cream truck was out front...

Lined up along the sidewalk curb in flip-flops and towels. Eating bomb pops. Squinting in the afternoon glare. Certain knowledge that great times were ahead.

Auf Deutsch, of course:

Old 07-31-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss Tetra.

It is Friday morning here, I woke up early feeling good. My children are away on vacation with their father and grandparents so I can ride my bike everywhere now as I don't have two boys to cart around. I am going to ride my bike to the gym. I then need to check on some of my rental properties as guests are arriving tomorrow. Tonight I will stay home. I still feel so fragile and am starting to fear going outside of my home, it is the only place I feel safe to not drink. I need to go to bed early because tomorrow starting at 8 I need to be at the large villa I manage to clean 5 apartments.
Tomorrow evening there is a rockabilly band playing at my very favorite bar. I would love to go and dance but I don't trust myself not to drink. Very fortunately, my most VIP client/homeowner arrives tomorrow evening at 21:30. I absolutely cannot go out anywhere or have a sip of alcohol prior to her arrival. I will then need to help her get settled and just listen to her ramble for a long time (she likes to talk and complain a lot, a big part of my job is just hearing her out!) This is such a stroke of luck for me, because resisting the fun band at the fun bar would have been difficult.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!! Hope everyone is well!!

Haven't been about much this week, I was away on some training for work and internet connections were a bit hit and miss at times, but back now, arrived home off a flight last night at 11.30pm.

It's now 9am and tired is an understatement, getting my coffee on to compensate!!

Nothing much planned as yet for the Weekend, either way gonna be catching up on some sleep!!

Let's keep it Sober!!
Old 07-31-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great weekend guys going out shopping soon
Old 07-31-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Meraviglioso - sounds like you have a plan to make it through the weekend sober, don't lose it.

Verte, loved your post. And tune. I can see the kids now standing around the truck, some waiting, some already indulging in their treats. I can see the one kid dancing on the hot asphalt because he forgot his flip-flops.

Good morning USA! Shotgun!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Gooood sober Friday morning team!!!!!

I have been in work overload this last two weeks. Time to slow down and check out for a spell. I had a huge meeting that I was designing a training class for and I hit the target but missed the audience. Haha.... Will adjust and go at it differently.

That's exactly how I learned to stay sober. Adjust and go at it again.

Also my bosses bosses boss.... Told me I must win a Fitbit step contest with someone he does not want to see win. So I have been getting a lot of exercise. He even gave me time off with pay to go beat this guy. Very odd place to be in. More like he is competing with this guy through me. Today is the last day. I won't be letting myself get caught up in these office politics again I can assure you.

Anyway... I need to catch up with an on fire music thread.

Love this song....

Old 07-31-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Sorry about the truck BigS. I hope you get it sorted.

That festival looks great Mex, an ecclectic line up including The Vengaboys!!!

Now, I do have a mental image of most regular's on this wonderful bus of ours. Now Ruby has been transformed to a superhero type character, climbing trees to aid the vulnerable!!

Have no motivation to do anything productive in work. Mrs B started her new job today. The owner specified a uniform code, but did not supply this uniform - very annoying. We had to do some emergency shopping last night to meet the owners expectations and maternity limitations. It was rather stressful.

I did pick up a nice pair of sunglasses in M&S for myself, not that they will be needed for the foreseeable future in this part of the planet.

Right, I must return to looking like I am doing something important and vital.

B
Old 07-31-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Good morning sober weekenders. I'm definitely in and getting a late start on the bus.

Hope everyone has a great and sober start to the weekend.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

The moon outside is so amazingly beautiful right now!

Good morning Sober Enders!!
Happy Friday!

Old 07-31-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Earth Child

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
i hope you all have a sober day
Old 07-31-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

oh, why not?

Old 07-31-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

this is from a thread mera started, I 'borrowed' the link and put it here for the weekenders to enjoy.

Rockin'1000
Old 07-31-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Good morning bus! I was finally able to turn the air off!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone! Yay! It's here.

Verte, good to see you. I liked that video. It's graphically very striking. And your summer description is spot on.

Behan, I'm glad you and Mrs. B found suitable clothes. Shopping in pregnancy is a pain. Hopefully work goes well and that you get to use your new sunglasses soon.

Last day going to west side job site. Traffic today is going to be interesting. Lollapalooza starts today with Paul McCartney headlining tonight. I'm not going.

Mera, sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry you are feeling shaky still. It'll come.

Time to get ready. Everyone else is still sleeping. Wish I were still there.

Weas, the fit bit contest is funny. Time off to exercise? How long is this continuing? Another walk in to visit Tommy?
Old 07-31-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Ha ha Ruby... Ends today the last day of the month. Thank goodness.

But I love that I am winning.

Short day at work. Get out and enjoy this fine weather. A bit warm for me but I will take it.

K
Old 07-31-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I was finally able to turn the air off!

But how will you be able to breath?!?

Oh no. I am beginning to sound like Brain and Turtle !

Old 07-31-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Yes you are.....and that makes me sad become I don't think either of them like me much
Old 07-31-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good morning y'all.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning Enders!
Olive, you crack me up.

Last day of decision making at my grandmother's house. This one involves furniture. I have a feeling my garage is going to be completely full soon. It's already to the point that I can't park in it. My daughter and SIL and grand daughter are living with me for now, but anticipating getting their own place soon, so I think they will be taking furniture. To put in my garage. Sigh. Two and a half car garage. No parking spot. It's okay for now, but winter... Almost all of the stuff belongs to them, or in a dumpster.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Yes you are.....and that makes me sad become I don't think either of them like me much
I love you Della!!!!!!!!