Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-22-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Flurry of Activity here and now quieter. I did not want to get out of bed this morning.

I'm only working monday and tuesday this week and am off for five days. I'm looking forward to it. I think.

Time to get ready for work.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Another blazing hot day in the Southwest...but the lack of humidity makes it ok with me.
Let's make this a great Monday!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I burned the bacon today.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Woke up super early, which annoyed me. Just got back from a 5 mile walk, was speedy and sweaty today - I think I was walking out the no-smoking annoyance! Just had some toast and cooling down before a shower and then deciding what to do with the day!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just checking in on this wonderful Monday morning. Another successfully sober weekend for me! Didn't get much of a chance to look at or join in on the conversations here on the bus as I stayed pretty busy but sometimes it's just good for me to know that this thread is here every weekend with lots of activity anytime I need it.

Start of day 46. Thanks again to each and every one of you for helping to keep me sober another weekend!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

As Meal Planning for the week shapes up, Spaghetti & Meatball Tacos surely merit a consideration!

The Good and the Bad News: this might be the best idea I have all week!

- Spaghetti & Meatball Taco Recipe -

Breezy, cool Weather right now before it hits 89 F Degrees today.

- Rocky Mountain Webcam -

More mucking around this House this week to whip it into shape. If the House Buyer doesn't want her own Inspection - the Deadline to decide that is later this week - we'll head West to the Ranchette for ~1 week to nab a P.O. Box, and do some sundry, Move-related things. Redneck Yutes are known to cruise around, and bash in Country Road Mailboxes fer grins. That, and Meth Heads stealing Mail for ID Theft, are considerations. So, the 'You Pack It'-type Mail Joint across from Da Wife's Pilates Place is a natural convenience to get a private P.O. Box. Her precious On-Line Shopping accumulations are safe there until pickup. Also, various Carriers pick-up there the same time daily. So, an important item shipping out can be run ~20 minutes away into Town. A Win - Win.

Gotta break it on down, and move into our Guest Cabin, the Redwood Bed below already out West that I designed and built. Then, the Bed here can skootch right in when the Movers arrive in ~1 month with load 2 of 2. We did the first load a while back. I didn't have a neato Shop Saw back then, so I built this with only a Hand Power Saw and Carpenter's Square. All the Connectors are hidden. Below the Mattress is clear span. I built it like an Airplane Wing, and used 1" x 8"s on edge in their strong, vertical direction.

Sho is nice to pop outta Bed these days and feel good! Bring it on...

Old 06-22-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Casey, way to go on 46 days. It's great to see.

Learningagain, a five mile walk. I'm impressed. That's an accomplishment. Keep going.

It's horribly humid here today. Or at least to my Midwest sensibilities. Horrible storms in the forecast for later. Hail?! My poor newly planted pots may be squashed flat.

Two more days and then five days off.p
Old 06-22-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I wanted to say, I want to go furniture shopping with Mecanix. Those seem like good prices.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Casey, way to go on 46 days. It's great to see.

Learningagain, a five mile walk. I'm impressed. That's an accomplishment. Keep going.

It's horribly humid here today. Or at least to my Midwest sensibilities. Horrible storms in the forecast for later. Hail?! My poor newly planted pots may be squashed flat.

Two more days and then five days off.p
Yeah, beginning to get humid here too, think it is supposed to storm later, so glad I got a walk in as may not be able to hike with sober friend this evening.

Am now considering a nap! Still no cig today, and only a few week moments, I know from my many cig quits that it is days 2 and 3 I struggle, so will see how I do tomorrow. Not risking my alcohol quit for a cig quit no matter what
Old 06-22-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

No, don't risk your alcohol quit. You are far braver than me. Fear is keeping me tied to the nicotine. Keep going!

I have errands today. When my ATM card was cancelled I realized my cell service billing needs to be changed.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I hate those kind of errands, I have bills to organize, but that is waiting till tomorrow. About to clean my car after camping, somehow my son is always like a tornado to my car¬!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

I am so in empathy on the car/tornado thing. Crumbs, wrappers, junk. Terrible and unfortunately, I'm almost as bad. Good luck with cleaning. I may do that on my days off this week
Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It was all second hand stuff Ruby in the local Air Ambulance charity shop .

Living in a posh area means you get some quite good quality stuff rather than the chip board things in the area in which i used to live .

It's cool thinking i'm home from work and roasting a chicken as most of you are starting the day LoL ..

Hmm where is mex-M8 ? with the low down on his new job ?? won't be too soon i hope ..

m
Old 06-22-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good going on Day 4 cp4eva

Just keep getting through them , read a lot here , post if you suffering or have got questions .
If you like, support others going through the same thing you have with a wave or a

It worked for me anyhow , m
Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I love second hand shops Mec. Most of my furniture is. From family, mainly. Sturdy old stuff.

Half my day is done. Roast chicken sounds really good though no oven for me at the moment. It's 80 and so humid you can almost see the air
Old 06-22-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Where day the day go. Busy Busy.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Morning! I caught up with all your posts, but I'm just here to talk about me. I read somewhere that internet forums are just a bunch of people shouting into the void. I kind of feel that way today.

I want short hair, but I'm chicken. I never like it when I do it, but I'm not enjoying the shoulder-length locks in this heat. I do have a dentist appointment on Wednesday, I'll ask him what he thinks (just go with my reference, it makes sense to me.)

I had my dental hygienist call last week to tell me she is moving away. It was really sweet of her to tell me she thought of a few of her patients and wanted to let me know she was leaving instead of just disappearing. It was great because we both got to express our gratitude for having met and some other stuff. It left me feeling really good all day. She is awesome and I'll miss her. Onward to break in the new one

It's supposed to get hot (90s) this next weekend, I hear. Bah.

I really should get a job. Businesses have AC.

Well, that was pretty A.D.D. if I do say so myself. One of my many questionable diagnoses.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Don't do it BB!!!

Love the bed MM
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
It's supposed to get hot (90s) this next weekend, I hear. Bah.

I really should get a job. Businesses have AC.

you and me both lol... it seems my job is working outside around this place. It's supposed to rain this week. I grabbed some impatiens from wally-world for a 1.28 a six pack. They will go where that table used to take up space.

I'm only inside because as I passed the jeep while taking bag #3 of yard junk to the curb I noticed my plate expires in a week. How did I miss that?
5 minutes on pa dot website and 36 charge to my card later... all should be good. It's quite efficient and I usually get the tag and card within a week. I also noticed the wifemobile expires end of July. I'll log on in a month and take care of that too.

I decided to get rid of that table I got from pier 1 imports many years ago. It was on it's second top and spent the past couple years tucked in a corner out of sight. It was used for a planting table by the wife. I tore off the wood - fireplace wood and put the iron base on the curb. Next is a free sign. 30' of chicken wire has been there since Friday. Time to put a for sale sign on so somebody steals it.

It's hot and HUMID here. And I'm keeping busy outside. NO longer even think about having beer while I work outside anymore. Just downed a cool glass of water. AHHHH!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

BB - the Dorothy Hamil hairdo is in style again!