Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-21-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Day 4 was rough, but I'm going to go to bed sober and I will start over again tomorrow.

Hope you're ALL doing well!

CP
Old 06-21-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Lovely photo, Ruby - gorgeous front porch and a nice looking cat to boot!

Mr. Chill it sounds like you have come through an interesting experience. I've been there and it's pretty scary. There's a part of us that really does think we can continue to drink. We believe that we can do so reasonably, and we also believe that we deserve it. These types of cravings are strange because you're not just fighting some faceless AV, you are actually fighting yourself. It's Will/Common Sense vs. Pleasure Seeking and it's not an easy battle. But ultimately we do have control of the outcome. And it looks like you exercised that control this weekend. Not everyone does. When we slip and drink, we don't "give in" to alcohol - we are making a decision to drink. There are no ghosts and fairies controlling our movements, and no bottle ever forced itself on anyone! Good for you for making the right decision this weekend in the face of a challenging urge. Well done.

I don't have to log into work until noon tomorrow, so I will enjoy a slow end to the weekend. Sundays are great these days. No putting out fires from drunken nights before. No scheming about calling in sick. No withdrawal sweats. No regrets. A few years ago I troubled with many of these mental burdens, but not today. And not tomorrow, as long as I continue to stay sober one day at a time! Night folks.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Beautiful vines and kitty, ruby.
goodnight everyone! I'm pooped.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Your porch looks really good Ruby

I am reminded of that old U2 film Under a Blood Red Sky this morning, it really is a blood red colour to the east. Shame there are so many buildings the horizon starts high up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150622_044900.jpg (20.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-21-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

That IS a super cool pic, Saoutchik. I think the buildings add to it instead of detract.

While you are seeing dawn, I'm off to bed. I get to sleep in marginally later since I don't have to get kids off to school or make lunches. Hope it cools off. Unpleasant in house. Good night! Or good morning, depending
Old 06-21-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Red Rocks Amphitheater due West of Denver...

Where U2 played and recorded their breakout Live Concert Decades ago. A Public Works Project from the '30s that has been improved over the years.

A Pal is just now finishing up the Colorado Rock & Roll Museum, housed in an Outbuilding just below Stage. Lotsa Memorabilia from when Caribou Recording Studio recently closed.

We've seen everyone from ZZ Top to Peter Gabriel to The B-52s there. And, recently, Tom Petty. Neato place! Minute 'Ocean' Sand Particles in the Rock [and other 'markers'] confirm that this is ancient Seabed Uplift. When digging Trenches for inter-Concourse Trains at the Airport out East, they found - and display - Fossilized 3' wide Palm Tree Fronds.

- 'You Shook Me' ~ Joe Bonamassa ~ Live At Red Rocks
Old 06-22-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sounds good Mesa

While most of you are asleep I went to work early to catch up on all the work I left by leaving early on Friday (emails mostly). I have an order here that starts off in SI units (millimetres) but switches to inches on the second page. People don't make life easy do they.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Here's how The Big Dogs execute such errors.

As I say about myself: 'Why do it half-Azzed when you can do it full-Azzed'?

Mars Probe Lost Due To Measurement Error ~ LA Times
Old 06-22-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Nite! See you about 5 AM.
Hmmm... Now where could Gilmer be?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
I hope all is well, Weasel. My only concern is that, well, you're always up to something.
Thanks EndGame.... Sometimes I just need to sit. Lots of emotions that don't need to be flamed. Plus it has been nonstop rain. So the day called for an more inside track.

I have all next week off again. Staycation. Will hope to have you all along with me!
Old 06-22-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Sometimes things are best left to the spur of the moment. I didn't do pots. I usually make a grand production, selecting things just so. This time, I had to get milk at the store. Plants are discounted because it's not spring. I got sale plants and I'm actually pretty pleased. These will look fine once they stretch their legs a bit. And I got my basil planted
Ha ha.. Ruby.... Plants are discounted because it's not spring? In Maine summer does not start until July 4th weekend. It can be cool in June. 60-70's July and August are the only hot months. Then a glorious September, October and November. I think that's what drew me here.

Nice planter by the way!

I used to have a wonderful log home on the middle of six acres. Fall was spectacular.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Looking forward to work. Lots of good things happening. I have lots I want to get done before I start another weeks vacation.

What shall WE do this time?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hmmm... Now where could Gilmer be?
Didn't you see? She rescheduled.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Lovely photo, Ruby - gorgeous front porch and a nice looking cat to boot!

Mr. Chill it sounds like you have come through an interesting experience. I've been there and it's pretty scary. There's a part of us that really does think we can continue to drink. We believe that we can do so reasonably, and we also believe that we deserve it. These types of cravings are strange because you're not just fighting some faceless AV, you are actually fighting yourself. It's Will/Common Sense vs. Pleasure Seeking and it's not an easy battle. But ultimately we do have control of the outcome. And it looks like you exercised that control this weekend. Not everyone does. When we slip and drink, we don't "give in" to alcohol - we are making a decision to drink. There are no ghosts and fairies controlling our movements, and no bottle ever forced itself on anyone! Good for you for making the right decision this weekend in the face of a challenging urge. Well done.

I don't have to log into work until noon tomorrow, so I will enjoy a slow end to the weekend. Sundays are great these days. No putting out fires from drunken nights before. No scheming about calling in sick. No withdrawal sweats. No regrets. A few years ago I troubled with many of these mental burdens, but not today. And not tomorrow, as long as I continue to stay sober one day at a time! Night folks.
BigS..... You continue to inspire me. I am so glad you choose to be part of our weekender family. In amongst the jokes and sharing you always add something special.

Each of the weekenders who post is an important part. You help me feel good and free. You make me laugh out loud... For real and loudly.... You make me cheer for you. And when we see a new face we provide unconditional support. We see some do well and others it's not their time yet. But they keep coming back. And I know I will always be glad to see them... And you!

Ok..... Off to work I go!

Ken
Old 06-22-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

I did see it Trach but after I posted. I read in order and jumped the gun.

We should wake her!

We need more cow bell!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Ok... I did my share to get us to 500.... I will be heads down at work so if we get there be sure someone says something to a mod. It's just nice to help them when we can.

Woo hoo! Welcome to your sober week..............can you hear it? I can! *Ring Ring*
Old 06-22-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

We should go to Bar Harbor and York Beach. I also have always wanted to go to Salem.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Ahem--I'll have you know I woke up at 3:23! (but then fell back asleep on the couch at 5 ).

I'm up for good now, though!
Old 06-22-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Sounds good Mesa

While most of you are asleep I went to work early to catch up on all the work I left by leaving early on Friday (emails mostly). I have an order here that starts off in SI units (millimetres) but switches to inches on the second page. People don't make life easy do they.
On my trip I needed to measure something and borrowed a tape measure. What's this? 1-2-3-4-5-6-7... 10-20-30-40... I thought I was in the dark ages and then realized that the USA is the only country - almost - that doesn't use the metric system. We are the greatest!

Watched apocolypse now redux last night (and when I woke up). Interesting little additions as I recall. Too long.

Started cleaning up... getting ready for "work" soon. Gotta be done.
Have a great week. Cool photos everyone. I need to get to red rocks before to long. Let me borrow your little camper MM so I don't have to sleep on the dirt...
Old 06-22-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Great snaps all!!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday so far.

Will check in later.

B