Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-22-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
Morning everyone! Woke up super early, which annoyed me. Just got back from a 5 mile walk, was speedy and sweaty today - I think I was walking out the no-smoking annoyance! Just had some toast and cooling down before a shower and then deciding what to do with the day!
Learningagain, my pig wakes me up between 3:30 and 4:30 every day because he's having a snack attack. Yes waking up too early is annoying.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
BB - the Dorothy Hamil hairdo is in style again!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Impressive handiwork with the bed Mesa

Congratulations on 4 days CP4eva

Last thing I bought from a charity shop was 100 used golf balls, that tells you a lot about my standard of golf doesn't it.

Bim, you should move to London, no chance of getting too hot here. As you can see my hair is long but i'm OK with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2015-06-22 18.27.57.jpg (34.3 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-22-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

No Dorothy Hamill haircut!!!! I read the funniest ever post from Verte a few weeks ago comparing the middle of early sobriety (3 to 6 months or so) to the awkward pain of growing out the Dorothy style. It was classic and so true. Don't do it. Hair pins and pulling it back. Mine is too short to do that at the moment but I do miss it
Old 06-22-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, you look lovely!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
you and me both lol... it seems my job is working outside around this place. It's supposed to rain this week. I grabbed some impatiens from wally-world for a 1.28 a six pack. They will go where that table used to take up space.

I'm only inside because as I passed the jeep while taking bag #3 of yard junk to the curb I noticed my plate expires in a week. How did I miss that?
5 minutes on pa dot website and 36 charge to my card later... all should be good. It's quite efficient and I usually get the tag and card within a week. I also noticed the wifemobile expires end of July. I'll log on in a month and take care of that too.
On the job thing, I'm going to try prayer. It's been working for everything else. (yes, I know this is a mostly secular group.)

How do you get $36 plates? I thought PA was the Land of Taxes? I was born there and the license plates always said that back in the day.

I just bought mine last week - $90 for a 15 year old Subie - oh, but I added on the State Park permit, so I guess it was more like $55. We do have awesome mass transit (well, it's still buses - but really nice buses) paid for by license fees. This area needed a train system thirty years ago - but it didn't happen and now it's a big issue. We have awful traffic. I think it's fifth in the nation. So I need a job within five miles - the last one I had I was in transit for three hours a day. That is not happening again.

No short hair, not to worry. I'm a diehard shoulder length or thereabouts girl. I have really curly fine hair, so I kinda have to. No bangs, either - they just don't work with curls.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LBrain, Bim $36 & $90 - you don't know how lucky you are. My little VW costs me £265 ($400). There are about 4 litres in a US gallon so fuel here is about £4.60 a US gallon - close to $7.

Fortunately my Lancia is exempt from car tax
Old 06-22-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

My plates are $101 every year, doesn't matter how old or new the car is. It just is. Then I have to get a municipal wheel tax emblem (city sticker) that costs almost as much. Gouging of the highest order. Mass transit is reasonably decent but I can't take it every day which irritates me. I did take it today though. The weather predictions sounded like the coming of the apocalypse. I didn't need to be sitting in bumper to bumper traffic during that.

Job thing, Bim, it will work out at the right time.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, I'm glad the Lancia is exempt as it isn't running yet. That would be a bit much. I'm not paying anything on my sitting in the garage 1990 Dodge pickup truck. I really want to get that thing running. Maybe I'll get a windfall.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

This was Verte's post that I mentioned. I found it. It was a month ago. Time flies

"I'm going to be totally honest here. You have long, beautiful tresses and have had them all your life. You watch the Olympics and decide you want to be just like Dorothy Hamill when you grow up. Starting with your hair.

If day one of sobriety was sitting in the chair and getting a hair cut just like Dorothy, then 4 months of sobriety was that awkward in-between hair stage where you cannot use a barrette and it is still too short for a ponytail (of course, after realizing that you look nothing like Dorothy, are not Dorothy, never will be and started growing out your hair as soon as you could, vowing to never do anything so crazy with your hair by choice ever again for the rest of your life). Crazy kids. Hang in there! The 4 month strangeness passes."
Old 06-22-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have something called a SORN or statutory off road notice but even when it is running (in the far distant future )it is still exempt.

I got outside just in time to catch a double rainbow practically right overhead. It was just my camera phone but I think you can make out the second one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150622_192056.jpg (10.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wish I had my Sony camera for that, it doesn't look much in my pic but it did look good
Old 06-22-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
This was Verte's post that I mentioned. I found it. It was a month ago. Time flies

"I'm going to be totally honest here. You have long, beautiful tresses and have had them all your life. You watch the Olympics and decide you want to be just like Dorothy Hamill when you grow up. Starting with your hair.

If day one of sobriety was sitting in the chair and getting a hair cut just like Dorothy, then 4 months of sobriety was that awkward in-between hair stage where you cannot use a barrette and it is still too short for a ponytail (of course, after realizing that you look nothing like Dorothy, are not Dorothy, never will be and started growing out your hair as soon as you could, vowing to never do anything so crazy with your hair by choice ever again for the rest of your life). Crazy kids. Hang in there! The 4 month strangeness passes."
Cool.

Dorothy and Hair.

In "The Wizard of Oz" there are only a few gaffs, amazing for a 1939 film that still holds up today - but one of them is a costume error that drives me crazy-er.

In the scene when Dorothy first meets the Scarecrow, she had two vastly different hair lengths. This:

...and then the other length is about two inches past the ribbons: so much shorter. I can't even find a picture of it online. But it's in the same scene! C'mon, gaffs! Now it will bug you and you'll think that you'll look the next time - but you'll forget. This is one time that it pays to have faith. I wouldn't lie to you.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Went home depot for light tubes for laundry room. Always check the flower section. Picked up 2 hanging baskets for 2.28 each on th discounted rack. A little tlc and they'll be fine.
It's pushing 90 here. Bbut there is a breeze. After ky break planting more flowers. I'm doing it in ssections. Clear and plant.
bim. More than nancy kerrigan doo. I'm not a fan of short hair.
It's vital to be able to drag a female back to my cave.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I am sure they try to run away a lot
Old 06-22-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

LB...not sure how to take that.

Um. I had one of those knuckle-dragging BFs. You've probably read a lot about him in Friends and Family.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I was going to tell you guys...I met S.hortie from that pit bull show on TV at the Pet Expo. He had a booth there.

He was on the stage talking about his dogs and how he got started etc. He went off into a rant about how normal sized people treat little people. It was kind of funny at first, but mostly not: and he for sure didn't do it to be funny. Didn't seem to be the place - but it was obviously bothering him. You'd think there would be a forum for that.

I'm sure there is. Also, I would like a microphone and a stage to vent about my problems with society. It could get ugly, but what "vents" don't get ugly? It just felt really weird, and I walked away.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Trust that I am civil and a gentleman.
Something had me thinking about alley oop. Yknow the man in the funny papers we all know?
not a cloud in the sky here.
oops. Very few clouds
Old 06-22-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Looks like we'll hit 500
Old 06-22-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Definitely