Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend June 4th Until..... Part2

Old 06-08-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Did someone say Game of Thrones after a stressful day? Don't mind if I do.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well, I am sitting in a the hotel lounge bar watching Sweden v Nigeria (women's World Cup).

I did have some cravings but I looked out of the window and remembered how bad my hangover was on the first full day last year. After that they didn't bother me
Old 06-08-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I took the dog to see my husband today at work. Before he came outside, we went into a field where she proceeded to have a blast At one point, I noticed her rolling around in the grass for several minutes... thinking to myself, aww, how cute. She is so happy. Sweet little doggie in the sunshine. Well, she came running full speed towards me, tongue hanging out, tail wagging, jumping and leaping... and I reached down to catch her as she met me... the stench almost made me choke. I couldn't breathe for a second. She smelled like... I don't what. I have never smelled anything so vile. Decaying animal smell? Skunk? Poop? No, this was worse than poop. I mean WAY worse than poop. She had to ride home that way in the car. We both completely reeked. She just had her bath... a double bath, like soaped up really well twice. And she still smells faintly of the god awful decaying animal matter. Lol.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

SoberP, I don't know that I'd be LOLing about that. Eek. I'm glad cats don't roll in foul smelling things. I'd be showing them the door. Poor you

Sao, glad that looking out the window helped. Blast the cravings. I hate them.

I was freaking out this morning in my car. How the heck am I going to make it to two years? How?! I took a deep breath. I thought "one day at a time", that's how. One day at a time. And why the heck am I worrying about a date six months from now? I only have to worry about today. And today I'm not drinking. Bimini posted in someone's else's thread "one day at a time" which cemented it for me.

Feel better Brain. Yuck. I hate being sick.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Ruby, I'm actually just smiling about it now Not really laughing. It was pretty funny after the fact. I guess I try and find humor in odd places.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I'm 55, I suppose i'll have to grow up soon.
Screw that.

I'm signed up to work crowd control at two concerts this week in addition to my usual job. Were I the me of my grown-up past, I wouldn't have even been able to work a full 40 hours much less go to two concerts.

I've gone back to being young. I like it.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Dogs love to stink....
biminiblue. ..I can relate. I am enjoying a 4 hour lunch break. Just planted some zucchini plants where my broccoli was. Gonna have to drag myself back to work soon. Too nice to work.
nons...I'm not in favor of rummy bears...they should be at the bar or clearly labled. I had a bite of Harvey wallbabger pound cake a while back and it almost knocked me out. Such a shock. I guess people don't think it's a big deal, or it's funny. It is a big deal.
So, I don't have hbo. Is there anyway I can see game of thrones? (The current season ) amazon or anything?
Old 06-08-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I took the dog to see my husband today at work. Before he came outside, we went into a field where she proceeded to have a blast At one point, I noticed her rolling around in the grass for several minutes... thinking to myself, aww, how cute. She is so happy. Sweet little doggie in the sunshine. Well, she came running full speed towards me, tongue hanging out, tail wagging, jumping and leaping... and I reached down to catch her as she met me... the stench almost made me choke. I couldn't breathe for a second. She smelled like... I don't what. I have never smelled anything so vile. Decaying animal smell? Skunk? Poop? No, this was worse than poop. I mean WAY worse than poop. She had to ride home that way in the car. We both completely reeked. She just had her bath... a double bath, like soaped up really well twice. And she still smells faintly of the god awful decaying animal matter. Lol.
And did YOU do a double bath?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Home now and kids are quiet for two seconds. Cooling off here since rain showers rolled through.

Son got a "behavior reflections" sheet from school today. He says it is because he was late to his Spanish class but I suspect there is more to the story than the brief snippet he gave me. Minimizing and misdirecting. Hmm. Now where have I seen that before?

I'm going to pull more weeds and then go inside.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

AF, we are both clean now Lmao! Thanks for caring
Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Clean Dog in our Yard...

Old 06-08-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

<3
Old 06-08-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Here's Lucy, taken a few weeks ago.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well, my 4 hour lunch break bit me in the butt. I missed an appointment due to my preference to lie around the house rather than be at work. I hate it when I mess up like that. I get really mad at myself! !!! Well, I guess it's not the end of the world. I will try to be more attentive to my work tomorrow.
I love your dogs, Mesa and soberpotamus.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Sorry you missed your appointment, HaF. Can you reschedule?

Kids are in bed. I'm sitting on the porch in the cool night air. Storm rolled through and it's nice and chill. So hot in the house. Windows are open but no air ever seems to circulate.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yeah, it will be ok, ruby. Just dumb of me....
Old 06-08-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I've done stuff like that. Usually it can be mended.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good night, sober friends (and those of you who aren't.)

Tomorrow's a good day to not drink. That's my plan.

I skipped the walk today, and ate more food. I was getting a little too far in the hole, calorie wise. I would have probably crashed today or tomorrow if I hadn't caught up today.

Sweet dreams- it's hot here. Yay for the fans.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I just realized - I knew it though - it's only after midnite back on the east coast.
I also discovered - I knew it though - that using this 'phone' is a huge pain in the rear for me. I've become so reliant on automation that I don't recall phone numbers or email addresses. Tell my sister I'm doing well.
And thank goodness for WiFi. Except in America itis everywhere. Where I am it's like trying to find a phone booth.

As I mentioned, I think, I came close to saying f it a couple times last week. After, I'm on vacation in a foreign land. It was due to the stress and effed uppedness with the sil. Even the wife saaidnshe "needed a drink and she doesn't drink.
I reminded myself that I don't drink, said the serenity prayer and used the mindfulness technique to get me back to happy land. I can't allow any amount of disruptive behavior by others or negative events to allow myself to pick up a drink.
I even thought just for the day oor two I could drink and resume not drinking when I came back. How stupid a thought is that!
Nope, I'm never going to drink again.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Fyi. I collected a couple pounds of sea glass from the Black Sea.
Locals think I'm nuts. There are tons of it. I may come back here just for the glass.
Beaches are rocky not sandy.
Bidding starts next week lol