Well done for not drinking LB

Nice pooches Soberpotamus /MesaMan

Off to play golf. No booze last night so no hangover
Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good man! Enjoy the golf.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

There are no golf courses in Russia. I'm pretty sure. The average boris has better things to spend their barneys on.

Oh, last week I started calling rubles barneys. I have to entertain myself constantly.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'd buy that for a barney.......

Need to do an early week check in weekender friends. I was at a work meeting this morning - a meeting I attend approx every two weeks. It's a delicate meeting and I am there to promote good relations but also deliver the bad news on occasion. Today, the entire meeting turned on me. I held my own, kept calm, and used humour with the myriad attacks and complaints and expressions of frustration.

In the past, I would have frozen in that context, given that it is only a Tuesday. Then I would have drank myself silly tonight and avoided that meeting for a month or two.

I will be back there in two weeks, holding my head high with integrity.

B
Old 06-09-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Great Job Brain, Sao and Behan!! Really proud of you all.

I will buy some sea glass for my betta Rudy. He likes to switch up his bowl often.

Had some no sugar butter pecan ice cream last night when we went for ice cream. Perry's I believe. It was very good.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, LBrain, I need some of that glass. Way to stay sober, buddy,
Old 06-09-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It's siblings week in Nonsensical land. My brother the school teacher spends his summers in the OBX of North Carolina. Driving down to see him and my other brother later this morning. It's rainy, so no hurry. Not sure what we'll do if it rains all day, except tonight we'll find some place to watch the NBA finals. Go Cavs!

Driving back tomorrow with my other brother (the one with Down's Syndrome). He is spending the rest of the week with us. My sister is driving in on Friday and will drive our brother back to Ohio on Sunday.

The older I get the more I appreciate family time.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Way to go Brain, Behan and Sao on getting through. Brain, the beach glass is a good idea. Love beach glass and apparently so do a lot of people on here. Blue is a rarity. Can't find much beach glass here since they started actually grooming the beaches.

Behan, I hope the next meeting goes better. Those things tend to blow over so it's never worth drinking over.

Sao, how was the golf game?

Non, safe trip to you. I'm appreciating family time more too. An anchor in rough seas for me and for that I'm grateful.

Yesterday was just an average day. Not grand. Not bad. I'll take it. Waking up and will begin the process all over again quite soon.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone. How are you doing Della?
Old 06-09-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Another 24 here!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Fixing doors... too bad I didn't have google translate with me at motherland depot.

I was able to fabricate wood for backing.
Had a massage. Mrs is still at salon getting gorgeous. 30 bucks for the best massage ever. No happy ending tho...
Old 06-09-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

You have my post box number, Brain. Go ahead and send that beach glass here.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done Behan, i felt stressed just reading that. I reckon you and Mrs B should spend some Barney's on going to a film or something as a reward.

56 Barney's to 1 Donald is the current exchange rate. Donald Duck = buck (well it does in my world)

Ruby - I can put off answering your question no longer, I was joint 5th out of 7. Must try harder this afternoon

Well done Anattaboy
Old 06-09-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Woke up in a funk this morning. ..I seem to have a case of total laziness. I know what I have to do. ..get up and get moving and fight the urge to stay in bed all morning. Get some excercize. Gonna focus on gratitude and try to shake this. I would like to be on a beach hunting for blue beach glass.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
I'd buy that for a barney....... Need to do an early week check in weekender friends. I was at a work meeting this morning - a meeting I attend approx every two weeks. It's a delicate meeting and I am there to promote good relations but also deliver the bad news on occasion. Today, the entire meeting turned on me. I held my own, kept calm, and used humour with the myriad attacks and complaints and expressions of frustration. In the past, I would have frozen in that context, given that it is only a Tuesday. Then I would have drank myself silly tonight and avoided that meeting for a month or two. I will be back there in two weeks, holding my head high with integrity. B
Great work B!!!!!! Stay strong. No one ever deserves to be given our sobriety. EVER!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

A day of Mental rest for the weary, here, until the Realty Rumble starts tomorrow.

Chippin' away at lil thangs while getting the House whipped into shape for the deadline yesterday of a Guy snapping Pix for a Virtual Tour. This 'Tour' is supposed to go live tomorrow mid-day, along with a Sign in the Lawn going up. We escape Friday night through Monday night, and Showings go all Weekend + Monday, hopefully, beginning Saturday morning. Gentlemen, start your Wallets! We review serious Offers next Tuesday. Joint hasn't looked this good since we moved in circa '87. 'Nature abhors a Vacuum', fo sho. Clearing out kee_rap_ola as fast as we can. Much is already gone.

My Painting yesterday came out well, as it should after Decades of practice. The more ya clear out, the more lil funk details show up. A few scratches on a half-Wall Ledge down here in the Family Room. Whip some Paint on that at the last second. The smell will indicate we've been prepping the Joint; a good thing, I think. I'm gonna wait until after Contract Negotiations to see how to handle the $3k Furnace replacement. Plenty of Folks are buying with no pre-conditions, because of having lost 4 or 5 Bidding Wars already. I'll do the right thang, and chip in some Furnace Money with a non-pissy Offer. A Pro HVAC Pal can put it in for 15% off, so there's some real Savings right there.

Onto the Garage today. Stack stuff and Vacuum. Pack a few Yard items on my Utility Trailer, and store it at my College Pal's House for a week or so to not have that visual distraction in the Yard.

Real Life while Sober. Accept no substitutes...
Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sao, ye seek the grail! If anything, I've come ti the conclusion that golf gives you longevity and patience. My 94 year old grandfather still golfs three times a week, or however often the "younger" octogenarians wish to get out there

Arrived at work. Ready or not, here I come.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I have an audit this week
Old 06-09-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ugh Della! Good luck with the audit.
I just had a beautiful 3 mile walk with the doggies and am feeling grateful.
Ruby, your grandfather should meet my 96 year old aunt who walks 2 miles per day, drives,and is smart as ever.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Your aunt is awesome, HaF! She's not in Indiana, is she? My grandfather still drives too. Said he's finally feeling his age.

Bummer Della! Good luck. I'm with you in spirit. I'm working on stats again. We now have to turn them in no later than the first of the month.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bon apres-midi

Good luck Della, they're a pain in the backside aren't they

Better this afternoon - clear 4th out of 7 which as everyone knows is top half

Going to watch England v France in the World Cup, they knocked us out in 2011