Notices

Hop to it! Weekender Thread April 1 until....

Old 04-04-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I got up a bit too late and missed it. Clear skies here, I guess I should have set an alarm.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Canguy, I'm glad you made it through. It's rough but once you get through the hard part you will be able to sleep.

Kzaug, you sound so cheery! Have fun fishing. Brain, good luck to you. How do people manage to not tangle their lines? That's crazy.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Flynby, congratulations on 300 days! That's great.

Humbug, hang in there. Wake up call for me, Not to think I can handle it. I've got 15 months. Sneaky. One day at a time.

Weas, I hope tommy is up for visitors. It's good to have them but I imagine they can be a bit tiring.

I'm st gymnastics. Son relatively quiet for a change and not begging me for change for the vending machine. I hate vending machines. Daughter bouncing around in her class. I'm borrowing my mom's car to meet up with my brother and his family and my grandfather later today. Mr. Ruby has my car and I don't want to drive his a distance. Which is kind of silly since it is the old rubymobile but the Mr. Hasn't treated it with TLC.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Good Morning Sober Enders!!!!!
(Say it in your best Robin Williams GMVN voice)

Just stepped on a little round wood thing that one of the cats thinks is the best thing ever invented, caused me to lose my balance and hit my knee directly into the baby gate that is set up on the spare bedroom to keep the dog from snacking on the litter box.
I guess the day can only get better!!

Missed the eclipse...it was overcast here this morning. A bit of a break in the clouds right now, so I think I will go walk off the knee pain with the dog.
Then I am thinking about doing some spring cleaning in the house.
Thinking about it.

Hope everyone is doing well today!!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Not rich but not that poor to not afford fresh coffee, enjoyed warmed leftover coffee anyway. I think its an innate habit of being a dirt farmer's daughter. Waste not want not. happy biking all
Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Court jester

Nuf said! Oh, and not drinking today. Now there is 'nuf said.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Checking in. I think I am at three weeks today.

I am getting an Easter tea party ready with my daughter today. Making decorations and pastries.

Celebrating Easter is great this year. I am an atheist and we usually celebrated Solstice with my mother-in-law in years past. She went from being a strict Adventist to a strict Atheist and these holidays were always accompanied with conversations about religion. I just hated the stress of it. I may have agreed with her about fundamental beliefs, but I am a cultural Christian and I grew up celebrating Easter and Christmas, and I didn't want to feel guilty. I have many Christian friends and sometimes...oh god...it was embarrassing when they came over, too.

For unrelated reasons, she wrote off my husband and our family (and his sister) a year or so ago. I am enjoying the peace and solitude of my own little family this weekend. It is nice to do things your way and start new-old traditions.

I struggled yesterday, but it was nowhere near the first week.

Happy sober Easter everyone!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Checking in. I think I am at three weeks today.

I am getting an Easter tea party ready with my daughter today. Making decorations and pastries.

Celebrating Easter is great this year. I am an atheist and we usually celebrated Solstice with my mother-in-law in years past. She went from being a strict Adventist to a strict Atheist and these holidays were always accompanied with conversations about religion. I just hated the stress of it. I may have agreed with her about fundamental beliefs, but I am a cultural Christian and I grew up celebrating Easter and Christmas, and I didn't want to feel guilty. I have many Christian friends and sometimes...oh god...it was embarrassing when they came over, too.

For unrelated reasons, she wrote off my husband and our family a year or so ago. I am enjoying the peace and solitude of my own little family this weekend. It is nice to do things your way and start new-old traditions.

I struggled yesterday, but it was nowhere near the first week.

Happy sober Easter everyone!
Pouncer's back! Good to see you.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

back from fishing... hooked into a few, released the couple I caught. It was good to see that very few people were catching fish . Rained last night, clearing with wind-a-blowin. I cleaned up a bunch of trash floating in the stream and on the banks. It drives me crazy! People f------g litter! I'm all for the death penalty , and littering should one of the capital offenses.

I also cleaned up 4 abandoned/broken fishing line with attachment in the water. I imagine in the next month I'll be cleaning up trash every time I go to this stream. I usually take a trash bag in my fishing vest.

Don't even get me started on people who toss cigarette butts out of car windows. They should go straight to jail! Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars. No court time either. Straight to f-----g jail! Car impounded and sold at auction. I am not even joking about that. Anyone who throws trash out of a moving vehicle should lose their car, their driving privileges, spend a month in jail and pay a 1000 dollar fine. And one cigarette butt is the same as 10 used huggies in my book.

How's everyone else I'm better now.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

You having the Chew Withdrawal Jones, Brain?-)
Old 04-04-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Ummmm better than you lol
Old 04-04-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

okay, yeah - I gnawed on licorice root. It was like a soggy 'backwoods smoke' by the time I left. That doesn't give the litterbugs a free pass tho

Okay, you people afraid of clowns - whah!
Check out these easter bunnies. They make even the worst santas look like the romper room lady.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo...raw#.qjoGWmxEp

I was cracking up reading the captions.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I cleaned up a bunch of trash floating in the stream and on the banks. It drives me crazy! People f------g litter! I'm all for the death penalty , and littering should one of the capital offenses.

I also cleaned up 4 abandoned/broken fishing line with attachment in the water. I imagine in the next month I'll be cleaning up trash every time I go to this stream. I usually take a trash bag in my fishing vest.

Don't even get me started on people who toss cigarette butts out of car windows. They should go straight to jail! Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars. No court time either. Straight to f-----g jail! Car impounded and sold at auction. I am not even joking about that. Anyone who throws trash out of a moving vehicle should lose their car, their driving privileges, spend a month in jail and pay a 1000 dollar fine. And one cigarette butt is the same as 10 used huggies in my book.
LBrain, I think then you've chosen wrong destination for your summer vacations - you'll be picking trash all the way). Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Why did I even click on it! I did lol at 10,13 and 19
Old 04-04-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

LB -

Old 04-04-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Just popping on to say hello. All good here. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good Lord! Looking at no 17 clears up the mystery of who killed George Reeves
Old 04-04-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Great to see you're doing well Kevin.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I know MB. Talk about a completely different world. I remember on the beach in Tuapse a few years ago - it was winter. There was more trash washed up and collected against the wall than one could imagine. At least when I'm in state parks and national park wilderness the people get it. Still, I pick up trash in the supermarket parking lot. Call me crazy.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
saoutchik

My youngest daughter is selling her car prior to going to the States ( she is only going for 6 months) and I have been blackmailed into fitting a new one. After I did it she took it for a brief test drive. My foot was on the imaginary passenger brake pedal the whole time. When did she start to drive like that?

Off home to change underwear