Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-21-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Sorry for this parochial post but congratulations Purple & Behan on winning the 6 nations

Exciting finish
That was a tense finish, last 2 mins I thought England had it!!
Old 03-21-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Vikinggf, I'll take it ( I love infinity scarves! Even butter yellow ones! )
Old 03-21-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Soz dinner???

Fresh soft bread for a prosciutto and provolone, roasted red pepper and basil panini and home made German potato salad. wow that's good!!!

Oh yes... more House of Cards!!!
Old 03-21-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

KZ, I know just why you want to delete the call history. Just put the phone on silent. I actually never turn the ringer on my phone. You can ignore the calls that Way.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Thanks Saoutchik!
Old 03-21-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I see what your saying Ruby, but Mr. Kz gave me his phone to hang onto ( even after he returns, he said. )

I haven't used Iv H in 7mos & never will again. But my hubby seems to be more vulnerable?

I will be turning it off all together when he returns & I've decided to hide it for the time being ( maybe dig a hole in the back yard & bury it. )

He's been the greatest hubby that anyone could ask for & I just want to remove as much temptation as possible.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Help, please!

Help, please, I am in the middle of the worst craving I've had in a very long time! My sister came by to visit today and although there were no big bumps, because of past history I get really stressed when I see her. So then I really, really want to escape into la-la land. I was ready to run right down to my car and go get some wine. Somehow I managed to stop myself and come to SR to read. I'm still on the edge but am holding fast so far. I so totally don't want to blow this. I'll probably post this in a couple of places since it's sometimes slow on the weekend.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hang tight, Sass!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer! This is the first time I've managed to ask for help before running out to get a bottle so I think that's a good thing. I didn't think the cravings got this intense after this amount of time!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
ya know, if cellular phone service went down completely and forever, and the internet did the same,
this would be a better world. jmho - of course only if television went with it...
Y'know what? I would gladly do without radio, TV and the internet. I think cell phones are great.

"HI!. Where are you?"

"On top of Kennesaw Mountain."

"Oh, wow! Send me a picture!"

Personal communication almost anywhere. Satellite phones extend the range.

Still, without the internet, there would be no SR.com.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I know how family visits can be stressful, Saskia. You're doing the right thing by posting here. Stick to your guns - if you decide to go out, promise yourself to just wait 10 minutes. Then wait 10 minutes more. Then read SR. Then make some coffee or tea. Then go for a walk (without the car keys). Just keep pushing through it!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Help, please, I am in the middle of the worst craving I've had in a very long time! My sister came by to visit today and although there were no big bumps, because of past history I get really stressed when I see her. So then I really, really want to escape into la-la land. I was ready to run right down to my car and go get some wine. Somehow I managed to stop myself and come to SR to read. I'm still on the edge but am holding fast so far. I so totally don't want to blow this. I'll probably post this in a couple of places since it's sometimes slow on the weekend.
Play it through in your mind. Play not just the getting of the drink but the aftermath... The whole movie for what it really is. YOU CAN do this!!!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hello Sakia,

You came here to SR before running out to the store, so must not want to surrender to your AV.

You can do this! Nice to meet you!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thanks BigSombrero, Weasel and Kzaug! I don't know how I'd do this without SR. It is the first time I've been able to post before running to the store so that is progress!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Yes, that is real progress!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sass, do want to have to do what I did just last weekend?

Don't you DARE give in as I wish that for no one.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thanks, Trachy! When I came here to read I thought of you and how frustrated you sounded. That was my first big reminder that maybe I really didn't want to do this. So you inadvertently helped me to come here before it was too late.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Cellphone 101

kzaug2014 ~

I did my last 2 Corp years in Cellphone In_ter_nah_cio_nal.

Cellphone Functions almost always reside in the Carrier Servers. BigAzz Servers. That's a Technical Term. Not the lil piece of Hardware known as The Cellphone. Verizon lets me block 5 numbers n/c; a Server-based function.

Job 1 is for you to set up a free Account on the Carrier Server's Website via a PC. That, or a Tablet, will be easier to navigate on than a Phone. I'm suggesting this PC Route for other reasons, although you can Block Numbers from most Phones. Use his Phone if you do this via Phone. Otherwise, your Phone Number has to be shared on the same Account for you to do these things; the case in this Household. After you set up an Account, you can get to Account info from any PC. Even one at the Library.

Block Mister Drug Dealer's Phone Number. It will never again ring nor even be seen. The Server doesn't pass through the Call to even appear on his Phone Call Log; often called 'Recent' on the Phone Screen.

Next, between you and your Conscience, you can track all calls: In- and Outgoing. The Server tracks them for Billing, and other reasons. From your Phone, or from a PC or Tablet, you can drop in which Phone Number you're interested in getting Usage Info on. You would never again have to use his Phone. Again, you're accessing Carrier Server info, so - using your Password you've set up - the Phone becomes irrelevant. You can also see Elapsed Time for each Call; etc.. This helps 'calibrate' if you're being BSed, or lied to. I'm making these observations in a general Techie way; not besmirching your Hub whatsoever.

Optionally Download; Install; and use free 'CCleaner' on your PC. Clean/Erase your Web Surfing History to cover your tracks that you've surfed to, say, Verizon to then block Drug Dealer calls, or check Call History/Elapsed Time on his calls. Discovery that you're mucking with his Phone activity could get ugly. Discontinue your Phone Detective work if/when things improve. Of course, all bets are off if Mister Drug Dealer uses another Cellphone to call from. That new Number would not be blocked. You'd have to find it in Hub's Call Log, and block it, too.

I worked Internationally only with Major Carriers like Verizon; Sprint; and their Euro Subsidiaries like Vodaphone. The tricks I'm suggesting may not be available on cut-rate Carriers like Cricket. Try before you lie...

CCleaner Download

I like this Phone-related Tune better than the obvious 'Call Me' by Blondie.

'Switchboard Susan' ~ Rockpile

A lovely Metaphorical Pic at the Frankfurt Airport on the way to the World's Largest Cellphone Trade Show. ~750,000 Attendees over 9 days. 2 Story Trade Show Booths with slinky Euro Babes slingin' free Champagne.

It didn't suck.

-

-
Old 03-21-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Thx so much Mesaman!

I'm eternally in your debt!
Old 03-21-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Okay, dinner & a movie time!

Watching a real oldie tonight...Sound of Music!

Have a great night everyone & thanks for keeping me company all day!!!