Notices

How to use support? Weekender thread! Feb 27- March 1

Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. It's been horribly cold out here. Nothing like walking in -4F weather feeling like -15F to wake you up in the morning. I am officially over winter, although I am not looking forward to summer either. We seem to oscillate between cold with tons of wind in the winter to raging heat inferno with tons of humidity in the summer.

My husband took one of the cars into the dealership today, so I picked him up on my way back. I've been a bit stressed, so I asked to be taken out to boston market for dinner. I didn't feel I could handle going out tonight with any beer around tonight, so boston market seemed like an ideal option. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to keep moving forward and protect your sobriety. Have the SR chat meeting in 40 minutes. I always look forward to the meeting on Fridays.

I was surprised about Leonard Nimroy dying. I knew he had COPD. He quit smoking 30 years ago, but still developed COPD.

BigS-you seem to have a lot of excitement. Volcanos, stingrays, and now earthquakes? I'm glad everything is fine.

Lbrain-I hope your day is going better. It sounds like you've had the day from hell between the dishwasher, the Elton John tickets and everything else. Sending hugs your way.

Gilmer-I am glad your daughter and the baby are okay.

Ruby-I hope the rubymobile is hanging in there given all the weather you've been getting.

Mesa-I hope Mrs.mesa is feeling better soon.

Weasel-so happy that things are going so well for you at work! I hate when they screw up take out as well. Just seems to ruin the evening.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Old 02-28-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Oh, I can top that:

Thanks, Leonard!
Old 02-28-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Sorry for not posting my nieces are here until Sunday
my OCD is really bad at the moment keep thinking about cutting and drinking
Am going to go to an AA meeting on Sunday but i really want to go to one tonight my husband says am too ill to go on my own because am a danger to myself
i really just want to die maybe everyone would be better off with out me being around
i feel low sorry
Old 02-28-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all ,

Hi bigS , that stuck home with me a bit about your girlfriend . Alcohol provided me a false escape from the obligations i felt under to be the perfect son , brother , lover , partner , person , employee .. I had to work on dropping the fixer/ facilitator part of my personality , we all need boundaries with such things and it takes practice to get right .

No great plans for today .. just cruising the job sites as it's about time i got serious in looking for something new to bring in some ££ , having made some headway in saving something it'd be uncomfortable to see it dwindling rather than growing .

Off for coffee , m
Old 02-28-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Do you have access to counseling or therapy other than AA, Dark Asylum? You seem like you are dealing with more than alcohol addiction.

(((hugs)))

Glad you are still riding the bus with us. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Earth Child

yes i see a therapist , my dr and a psychiatrist i have a few mental health problems hearing voices seeing things and OCD, Depression , anxiety I self injure and have low self esteem and have been through trauma
i see my therapist in two weeks time i cant call her if i feel bad
i have to call the crisis center and they just tell me to have a cup of tea
and are no help at all
Old 02-28-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, DA. I don't feel like I'm much help, either, but I do genuinely care.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Hope your having a great sober weekend. I'm working this weekend but I'll be in my hometown for the night and get to have dinner with my mom. So it's not so bad.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Do your best

Better late than never hopefully im on the mend

Have a nice sober weekend guys
Old 02-28-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Dark Asylum, I'm sorry you are having a rough time. You are worth it and we care. Are the nieces there? Are they providing distraction? Have you checked out the Mental Health forum here on SR? It is there for people dealing with depression and other issues. I've not posted there but it is another resource.

Brain, your quest for a dishwasher sounds like mine for a refrigerator. I still don't have a new one. It's rather a frustrating process. Part time seasonal job at Lowe's sounds like a good idea actually.

I'm up. I'm in. I'm getting kids out the door and going to gymnastics for daughter then hopefully the line at the emissions testing station isn't miles long.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hey all went out for a big breakfast and now I'm on the hunt for some new sneakers. Feeling abit off today hopefully i can shake it off since its sunny out.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

ohai.

The antibiotics and Ibuprofen are doing their silent work and my tooth is finally not as painful. It's been a long month of dealing with it.

The few days before my appointment I hadn't really been eating because pain. I've been eating all the foodz since the dentist. All of them. Well, the ones that spike the dopamine, at least. Bag of pretzels, two huge bottles of ginger ale (antibiotic nausea) - a whole pizza, 20 pieces of Valentines Russell Stover chocolate ($1.50!) lots of yogurt (because antibiotics) - and now I'm ready to buckle back down to my regular healthy food.

There is a good article on the Sober Recovery cover page about sugar addiction. *raises hand*

I really need to get out of the house today too. I'm tired of being the sick person. It's sunny. Maybe a road trip is in order!

It's good to read all the posts here, you're an entertaining bunch.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Back from vacation and climbing aboard. Would be much prouder of my success if I hadn't come down with a nasty cold that had me dragging. Sucked it up and kept going with the flow. Mr Bs vacation was much different from mine, which seems to be the story of our future as well. Same book, different chapters.

Dark Asylum, you're safe on the bus. Welcome.

LB, seems like your nerves are hypersensitive with the loss of nicotine. My mother had some hypnosis tapes that helped her immensely when she quit. I've heard acupuncture can help, too.

Hope everyone is staying warm and sober.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Need to do school work, but I am trying to find the motivation.

DA-I am worried about you. I would agree with Nons in that you need more help than just alcohol addiction. It sounds like you need someone that is able to treat multiple co-occurring disorders.

Bim-I am so happy that the antibiotics and ibuprofen are working well for you. A road trip is definitely in order!

2WT- I hope you feel better as the day progresses.

Ruby- Not sure if you know this, but you can check online what the wait times are at the emissions testing stations before you go. Is very handy.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good morning Sober Enders!!!!!
Super shiny here today. I should probably get outside for a little bit at some point today. Perhaps a yard sale.
But for now I am thinking a second cup of coffee.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I actually had a moment just now where I thought, "Wow. I feel good." Thank God for that guy who didn't clean out his petri dishes and then came back to find penicillin.

Strange how humans adapt and don't even realize it. The last month I was like the frog in the cooking pot. I was slowly getting worse with an infection and not consciously aware of how much worse. It's like alcoholism. Sneaks up on us.

Cunning baffling powerful insidious.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Glad you're finally starting to feel better, Bim!
Old 02-28-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hey all, just checkin in.

Having a very lazy saturday - no motivation to do anything!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

B
Old 02-28-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I woke up very early today and finished off a particularly frustrating piece of homework that I just couldn't handle yesterday. Now I want to get another homework project done, but I'm stalled--I just keep rescanning SR in hopes somebody--anybody!--will post to distract me!

Somebody slap me upside the head and tell me to get back to work!