Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Old 01-09-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Count me in!!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Bummer

LBrain ~

Man, so sorry it worked out that way. I'm thinking the uber-popularity of Elton John crashed their Server? They've been doing this for a while, and have their Ticket System down. Sez me, having bought Tickets the way I suggested 4 times or so.

Another Techno Glitch might have been Telecom to/from their Server. Storms? a Fiber Optic Cable trenched up, in VERY bad timing for you?

The Good/Bad News is that I've given crappy advice to better Men that you!-) Good recovery move on your part. I hope the Show is enjoyable, all the same.

-----
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lorelei!

Bummer about the ordeal, LBrain!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nonsensical View Post
did somebody say bacon?

❤️❤️❤️.....
Old 01-09-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

the good news is that I got three seats even though obstructed view - I think
my greed caused me to not get better seats.... lesson learned
they alter their robot system and I didn't realize it was a multiple choice question - doh! I kept trying to type an answer instead of using drop down menu, then they have you type a phrase, goofy... If I had just gone for 3 seats out of the box...

the better news is that it's almost 30 degrees outside and sunny, just took my scent free shower, gonna clean snow from driveway and head out and climb up in a tree, 2 days left for antlered bow season - my chances of seeing one are 1 in 300, but it's zero if I'm not out there. and if a fat doe happens by... plus with the ground covered in white it's a lot easier to see...

the really better news is that I accepted the ticketmaster thing as oh well, maybe next time, and my frustration lasted only a minute...
nothing to drink over for sure. Actually, nothing is nothing to drink over.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Likely Good News

LBrain ~

Some possible good News from this Sound/Concert Geek...

In a ubiquitous setup now used by 'everyone', Speakers are now hung from the Light Trusses. They 'snap together' the Lows, Mids, and Tweeters. They hang down in a semi-circle to cover Listeners near the Stage. They wind up well off the Stage. Subwoofers are these Refrigerator-size Cabinets on either side of the State; well out of the way. Bass travels non line-of-sight from wherever they're placed, so Subs don't need to 'point' at Listeners.

Elton has always faced to the Floor right; on a diagonal.

Given all this, I think you'll enjoy better Sight Lines than you expect. Things have come a long way, and he'll be dropping endless Big Bucks on this Production. That's his 'standard', along with massive Video Screens and rear panel Digital Scrims.

So, hang tight, Senor...
Old 01-09-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Heck yeah LB, nothing is to drink over. Period. And, you got 3 seats, so that's something! Enjoy your time in the tree in the meantime, stay warm out there.

Just poking my head in for a quick distraction. Just 4 more hours at the office today, looking forward to a big healthy stir-fry meal tonight, as well as a movie. Sober Friday nights rock, because your Saturday mornings suddenly become a whole lot more fun.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all ,
wind and rain , storms ? yer mecanix and m8 are going to the seaside

I bring you the wonders of Skegness …

Should be fun to go somewhere new and the sea is always dramatic ..

Catch you all Sunday , Keep on ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 01-09-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all. I wrote a whole bunch of stuff early this morning but my stupid internet is so sporadic that it went down as my post was about to go through. BAH!!!!

Mec, could you share photos of the wonders of Skegness? Have fun.

It is sunny here but still bitterly cold. After yesterday's snowstorm and the bright sun, the sidewalks are peppered with signs reading "Watch for Falling Ice" and they mean it. Big chunks start raining from the skies when the sun hits those buildings.

Petals, I don't envy you in gathering cat wee. I don't even know how one would go about doing that. Hopefully kitty is fine. And that your ear is improving. Solidarity on the husband front. Mine is supremely contrite today. I feel like a coach "shake it off, come on, shake it off."

My two cents? I despise ticketmaster. I can't voice enough how strongly I dislike ordering tickets for anything through them. Our local soccer/football team only sells their seats thru TM. By the time I waded through the system and ordered the tickets, and waited and wandered two $20 tickets ended up being $65. That's 25 in taxes, surcharges, convenience fees, made up fees. AND now they are spamming the heck out of my email with deals, etc.

Any way, I'm hoping that my internet service heals itself this afternoon because I will go crazy if I have no access over the weekend except through my terrible phone. At the office. Will work on a few things. Continue my desk tidying project started yesterday, and then home. Home for the weekend.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

.....morning all.

And its so good to be here. Day 8 and a sober weekend.

All the best to you all.....
Old 01-09-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi Ruby!! I'm super jealous of your desk tidying project. Mine literally looks likes a hurricane came through. Need to work on that...after this one project is done.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by Lola23 View Post
Hi Ruby!! I'm super jealous of your desk tidying project. Mine literally looks likes a hurricane came through. Need to work on that...after this one project is done.
Lola, my bedroom looks like a hurricane went through it twice! That is my next project to get that room together.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Well Lola and JT, my entire house looks like hurricane went through it. At least I can do something with the office stuff AND use the office shredder. I love shredding things. It makes me feel so productive. I just have a couple of actual things I need to get done sitting on my desk so I'm making busy work.

I had a really odd thing happen this morning and I'm sharing as a reminder to pay attention to your diet and how food makes you feel physically (I'm not talking about emotionally). Because how your body feels physically can impact urges and cravings.

I shared last week that my blood glucose is in the prediabetic range and my cholesterol was too high. Apparently both go hand in hand and I must monitor both. Well, I didn't eat breakfast. I'm bad about that. Then I was hungry. I ate two mini raisin bagels. I soon felt like I was crawling out of my skin and felt strangely light headed. They sent my blood sugar up too high, too fast. If I were still drinking I would have had a drink (compounding the blood sugar issue but calming the anxiety). I had a cheese stick in my bag so I ate that, drank some water and relaxed for a few minutes and felt better. SO, time to watch the refined carbohydrates. I usually eat almond butter spread on raisin toast but I'm out of almond butter. I googled it - it seems to fall into the "super food" categories so if you are not allergic, it's better in most protein, iron and vitamin categories than peanut butter. Non, that bacon and eggs for me will have to start being egg whites and turkey bacon
Old 01-09-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Well Lola and JT, my entire house looks like hurricane went through it. At least I can do something with the office stuff AND use the office shredder. I love shredding things. It makes me feel so productive. I just have a couple of actual things I need to get done sitting on my desk so I'm making busy work.

I had a really odd thing happen this morning and I'm sharing as a reminder to pay attention to your diet and how food makes you feel physically (I'm not talking about emotionally). Because how your body feels physically can impact urges and cravings.

I shared last week that my blood glucose is in the prediabetic range and my cholesterol was too high. Apparently both go hand in hand and I must monitor both. Well, I didn't eat breakfast. I'm bad about that. Then I was hungry. I ate two mini raisin bagels. I soon felt like I was crawling out of my skin and felt strangely light headed. They sent my blood sugar up too high, too fast. If I were still drinking I would have had a drink (compounding the blood sugar issue but calming the anxiety). I had a cheese stick in my bag so I ate that, drank some water and relaxed for a few minutes and felt better. SO, time to watch the refined carbohydrates. I usually eat almond butter spread on raisin toast but I'm out of almond butter. I googled it - it seems to fall into the "super food" categories so if you are not allergic, it's better in most protein, iron and vitamin categories than peanut butter. Non, that bacon and eggs for me will have to start being egg whites and turkey bacon
Ruby,

My whole house was a hot mess, but the hubs & I have managed to get that under control. the last room I need to attack is my bedroom, I plan on starting tomorrow on that.

Oh, wow, Ruby!! It is very interesting how our body reacts to foods. I had a similar experience in the first month of me quitting. I also got light headed after drinking a soda on an empty stomach. Good thing I had brought my lunch that day, I had to eat it early.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Skulking in here quietly; as SR reliably informs me my last visit was in August...
You'll find me standing in the wheelchair/buggy area, as with my 2 kids that's where I always end up and hardly remember what it feels like to sit anywhere else on a bus!

Day 9 and been craving a lot tonight - husband is out and it's Friday night, conditions seem ripe for drinking BUT I think I have passed the worst. It's 10.10pm here now so hardly seems worth it. And I've deliberately only got a very small amount of vodka in the house - again, puts me off as I know it would not be enough if I started. Jeez how bad does that sound! I have been channel-hopping, reading posts on here and eating chocolate - now going to take myself to bed to ensure I complete this day. Def feeling that AV getting twitchy and p*ssed off with the 'good' me wanting a clean New Year. I am sick of pouring toxins into my body and generally want to start looking after myself better with vitamins, early nights, more exercise etc. zzzzzz LOL! On that note I will say goodnight. Feeling pleased I have almost completed Day 9 but also just a bot 'meh...'

Hope everybody has a good weekend xx
Old 01-09-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So many doing good work out there. Getting past those first 10 days or so!!!

I remember mine and they were nail biters. But things do start to level off and new routines start. They say it takes 30 days to form a new routine. I think thats somewhat accurate maybe longer. It not the routine of trying not to drink but the new routines that I use to fill old drunk times. I had to have a different path home to not see the bar. I had to get used to sitting through the creepy crawlers to make to a safe time of the evening. Stuff like that changed into ... lol... well I dont really know. I just dont include any option to drink and seem to still keep busy. I needed to keep moving. Laundry... anything to keep the hands in action.

Making a nice chicken Marsala dinner on a fresh pasta bed. MMMMmmm I use a cooking Marsala wine that has the flavor but not the alcohol. Rich slightly creamy sauce with a variety of mushrooms.

K
Old 01-09-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Cowgirlie, welcome back and good on 9 days. Power through the cravings.

Weas, the chicken marsala sounds good. I do like mushrooms.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I remembe you, Cowgirlie! Welcome back, definitely!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!

BernieE – “The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up” sounds interesting. I’ll have to check that out. I’m up to my eyeballs in too much stuff.

Daxemus – good luck on the DJ gig. Sounds cool!

I think it’s going to be quiet evening at home for hubby and I. We’ve got some leftover pork tenderloin that’s going to become pork green chili -- a little heat to ward off the cold. And, I’ll probably try to find a movie or two to watch tonight.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

well friday went....... mmm good and bad.
someone in work wanted a 'word' with me about something.... caused me to worry somewhat..... then they never got back to me ...leaving me to stew over the weekend!!
pusscat saga continues... needs to go back to vet and give more blood.....it's either nothing to worry about or very serious..... gee thanks for that wisdom vet!
hubby .... errm well we will plod along.
well thanks for the bacon mention.....i found some lurking in the fridge, so we had bacon,eggs and tomatoes for tea. yummy.
off to bed soon. bye for now
xx