Notices

Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Old 01-08-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

well I had to look up kim k - I wouldn't have known her if she was standing next to me waiting for a slice at Brunos. Looks like some jersey bimbo with enough A to go around. This is what america is fawning over? Really? we are so in trouble...

At least we don't have to drink over it.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Looks like some jersey bimbo with enough A to go around.
She's rather well known for how around her A goes.

My stint in the weekender thread is not starting well. I alternate between tea and coffee at work, with cups for each. I just poured my afternoon tea into my coffee cup and didn't realize it until I gulped down a mouthful of luke warm tea-coffee mix. That's gonna be hard to get over.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, I'm in the office now and not lurking on my phone. Honestly, I wasn't lurking. I was reading what was posted, giving it some thought, and then fighting with my tiny keyboard. Now I have an actual keyboard so beware!

Kim K., hmmm? I was pondering the whole "why-ness" of the K phenomenon the other day. It was not productive but did get me out of a funk. I don't have any answers other than to agree that if we as a society are fawning over people who are only famous for being famous/infamous, we are in trouble.

Non, missed you last weekend.

Brain, yes, I noticed BigS's graduation from lady friend to girlfriend. Yay, BigS!

Everyone posting here for the first time or returning from an absence, welcome! I love this thread. The connections I've made here have carried me through on a bunch of occasions. Sobriety is worth it. You can get through the early hard days. Distractions help a lot and this thread provides some of that.

No one called shotgun or mentioned bacon. Shotgun/Bacon!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Wow...lukewarm tea/coffee mixture...that is yucky. Sorry Non.

Ruby, very sorry about the husband's relapse. I'm thinking of you. Like you, I do have to put away all the holiday stuff this weekend.

I think I'll also have to work this weekend considering that I have 3 major reports to do and I can't get to any of them because my office is a revolving door. Oh well, I'll be sober and it's too cold to do much else anyway. I'm sure we'll watch some football and I'll make some food...normal stuff.

I've been consistent on the exercise and healthy eating this week and I am feeling a lot better mentally. Getting some good chemicals working in the brain has been good for me.

Well, back to work. TTYL.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

So one of the first things I saw in the headlines today was images of hair photoshopped onto Justin Bieber's belly!

The hotel where I work is closed for a week to renovate the laundry area. I got a phone call yesterday (my regular day off) that construction was going well but I didn't need to come in today. So I'm on my third cup of coffee... No bacon, but ham and cheese on biscuits coming right up!

I wish everyone a happy and sane sober weekend.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yikes, did I say "girlfriend"? Ah what the heck, time to give up the ghost. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, I might as well start calling her my girlfriend 'cause that's what she is.

This weekend begins the big automobile search. I've got a windfall of "free money" from my fantasy football league championship and my old Chicago security deposit which amounts to exactly how much I'd like to spend on a used automobile. Lots in my price range, too. I can handle negotiating the deals and options here in my town, but lots of the better deals are in big, bad, Guatemala City. If I'm going to walk down that road, I'm going to need the "girlfriend" to help me. Decisions, decisions.

Side note: it sucks to be buying a car when you don't already have one. "Come out and see it", they say. "It's just a 15 minute drive", they say. Grumble.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be your girlfriend. is that right? just hope she doesn't quack like a duck... I have no choice - I'm married to a quacking duck.

glad for you man, good luck with the car, make sure the floor doesn't have holes in it - nothing worse than getting splashed around the ankles in the rainy season, I fixed the floor of an old MGB using paperboard and undercoat tar one time. The good ole days.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Okay.....I'm signing on too.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I fixed the floor of an old MGB using paperboard and undercoat tar one time. The good ole days.
Your pants are fancy.

I used a stolen No Parking sign and a ball peen hammer to fix the floor in my '74 Chevy Nova.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody! Nice to see so many newcomers! Welcome! I'm in!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

First sober weekend in awhile! I'm in!!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

In,going to my son's HS play tonite, probably going to be glued to the football playoff games all weekend
Old 01-08-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am in!
Old 01-08-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober weekend!

Not doing anything special, just resting and cleaning up after a busy Holiday season.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Olive (the dog) is on board and so am I. I'd rather not strap her onto the roof with Soberwolf Romney-style. Does the sober bus have dog car seats?
Old 01-08-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Misspent youth? Stolen signs and paperboard and tar? I don't think I will be buying a used vehicle from either of you guys.

Thanks Charlee. I'm glad that the regimen is helping. I have to buckle down. I went to the doctor yesterday for a routine exam and he looks at me and says "high blood sugar? cholesterol? Hmmm. Get to work on that!"

Just an odd aside. After spectacularly calling on a Sunday afternoon to tell my supervisor I was an alcoholic and needed inpatient treatment (two years ago) and then being gone for a month from work, she seems to have forgotten all of that. She was out a month on vacation and went on a cruise. Brought little trinkets back for us. I found a shot glass on my desk. Thoughtful but of no use to me. Maybe I will use it as a bud vase. However, the lesson here is that if you keep your nose to the grindstone, get sober and work on staying sober, people start forgetting that you were once a screw up. Either that, or my supervisor is just oblivious. I think it just doesn't dawn on her. Which is a good thing.

I'm gearing up for a horrible commute home. Not only is it -2 degrees out, it's decided to snow. It is going to be slow and slippery. Kids have been off school for two days now. I made arrangements to be off tomorrow if school is cancelled again. With my luck, it won't be and I will be toting my son's 50 pounds of band equipment to school at 7 a.m. I need a break.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm in and brought my own helmet and crayons
Old 01-08-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Count me in for the weekend.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well its thursday night here and i had a coworker offer to bring me out to the bar tonight. Luckily for me its so cold today i used the excuse i couldn't partake because i had to check on my house. to make sure the pipes didn't freeze. I haven't told anyone i work willthat i quit drinking, I'm not sure they will believe me anyways. Its gonna feel good not to have a hangover at workj tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am in and will be 100 days on Saturday!