Notices

Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Old 01-09-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

2.5 hours up in tree freezing cold. Paid off, nice doe.
Came home to make dinner for spousal unit. Change into ratty clothes, then go collect my quarry. MY toes are still froze...
Old 01-09-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Don't you hate that petals! When you don't know what someone wanted. Lol

Good to see you cowgirlie!

Dinner done. If there is any one meal I make extremely well it is the chicken Marsala. I know how can you mess that up but the are many ways to make the same thing. I make a rich broth.

LB... Um... Congrats of sorts. Not a hunter but I understand.

I don't feel connected to anything or anyone tonight. So I will just ignore the emotions or lack of them. Tomorrow wake fresh and get some exercise. Try to jump start my feelings a bit by treating myself special. Maybe after my work out a stop at the bakery for a chocolate crissont. Seems like that would be a special treat.

How are the newer folks doing? Sticking to your plan?

K
Old 01-09-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Do your best

Choclate croissants are awesome Weasel
Old 01-09-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

In jammies (so I don't get any thoughts about going anywhere tonight as I've got a bit of an attitude today towards significant other), curled up on couch with pup (still kind of mad at him as he threw up in my new slippers), working on a crochet project, watching bad Friday night tv, and already looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow morning. That just NEVER gets old for me!

Welcome to the newer folks; great place to spend the weekend
Old 01-09-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I'm in for the sober weekend! Thanks Weasel!
It is strange not drinking tonight... But staying busy is the answer.
Will be posting(9 days and counting)!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

It's been an odd day for sure. Started out on my way to work came across a women that stuffed her car in a snowbank by missing a corner. Spent a few minutes digging the car out gave it a push and she was on her way again. Work was meh but i did have bacon for lunch. Went to the movies after work, now I'm home. Gonna start looking at either building another mountain bike or just buy one.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Welcome gang -

ANewYear, you can do it. Pretty soon not drinking will be the norm. Just remember, you're not missing anything out there. We all know the fools we become and the hangovers that result just aren't worth it. Play the tape all the way through.

2Wheel, sounds like you have an interesting bike project on the horizon. You build bikes before? You win the SR Good Citizen of the Day Award for pushing the woman out of the snow drift. Nons has the early lead for tomorrow's award for helping out the public with his financial expertise.

Cowgirlie - good to see you. Interesting move keeping booze in the house, I used to do that with cigs. Never worked for me with alcohol, though, just made me want to get more. Today I keep all alcohol and alcohol-related stuff (wine glasses, etc) out of the house. Like vampires, they can't come in without permission, LOL. Good to see you and thanks for the comment on the blog, looks like we're both in areas where Spanish is the dominant language. I'm certainly doing well and can certainly get by on the day-to-day, it's just the more advanced conversations that I feel I'm missing out on. Bienvenidos, it's been a while!

Welcome aboard all.

Settling down in my spot on the couch with my feet up. Chicken stir fry tonight with fresh veggies and rice. Followed by cheesecake. Oh well, can't win 'em all. In sober tonight and can't wait for a sober day tomorrow. Big market day and then I've got the house to myself. An early morning hike, some afternoon football, and a nap sounds like a good way to spend the day tomorrow me thinks.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Yep I've built many bikes before. I used to do downhill mountain biking before the drinking took over my life. Now that I'm sober gonna start again riding again. Nothing like hucking yourself down a mountain on 2 wheels.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ...well, I am totally exhausted. This week kicked my butt. My puppy woke me up a few times last night. Its like having a baby in the house. Im in bed and about to watch a movie, Catch 22. Am kinda glad that the 7 year old I volunteer with wants to see a movie tomorrow instead of rollerskating. We are going to see Book of Life.
Cheesecake sounds so good, BigS. I'm trying to cut down on ice cream, maybe I should get some cheesecake instead. Lol.
Ok...I'm too tired to type.
See you all later.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

6 hours in the tax office, and 1 customer. As a newb I have to watch an experienced preparer do 3 returns before I can do one for a client. I sat and watched as she prepared a very simple return for a young man and then quoted him a ridiculous price for the service. I secretly cheered on the inside when he decided he would rather attempt to do his own taxes than pay us that much to do them.

(We have no control over the pricing, BTW, the fees are fixed by the corporate office.)

It might be a long tax season.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I don't know how you can do taxes but good on you for it. I end up paying someone to do mine every year, too confusing for me.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hey all. This is my first sober weekend. Currently on day 5. Im not having too much difficulty really. Just what I expected with it being Friday. I made homemade chicken and vegetable soup for dinner for the family and got myself some delicious chocolate icecream for if I felt like I needed something. I started a diet on the New Year but I found out today that I've actually lost 40lbs since the last time I weighed myself 4 months ago. I'm sure in part to the forgetting to eat while I would be drinking. I'm looking forward to staying busy and having a sober weekend here with you guys. Here is a fun tidbit. Yesterday was the first time I've seen snow flurries here in Florida since I moved down here 13 years ago. I was so happy
Old 01-09-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
DawnBeth

I am nearly on day 10 and this is my second sober weekend since quitting alcohol. I am very happy but very tired. Have had my AV try to rear it's ugly head just a couple times since quitting but I just imagine myself slamming a door in its face as if it is an unwelcome visitor ( which it is). Seems to help...that and ice cream to offset the sugar cravings : )
Old 01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I went to my Friday beginners AA meeting. A good group of people and fun. thought provoking. Back home thawing out. It's horribly cold. My face froze walking to my car. I envied the people who could pull their scarves over their faces. I can't because my glasses will steam up and then I'd be blindly stumbling to my car. No thank you. I don't want to get run over downtown.

I do my own taxes. I figure if I can do it myself it's less expensive. I use software for it. Non, I took tax law and I have to say that our tax code is, in many ways, nonsensical. I kept wanting to do it like math and it's not. In tax land x over y doesn't mean you divide. It means subtract y from x.

I'm watching bad tv. Kids Disney show. I'm changing it. Ick. Plans for tomorrow have grown to include cleaning the house and washing floors. Dirty with the snowy wet boots coming in. But, I'm wearing pajamas. Ice cream after the kids are in bed. And then sleep. Wonderful!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by 2Wheelterror View Post
I don't know how you can do taxes but good on you for it. I end up paying someone to do mine every year, too confusing for me.
Nothing wrong with that. I know how to change my own oil, but I am happy to pay someone else for the service. I can cook, but I will also eat at restaurants.

In this particular case, though, the young man could easily find a way to get his taxes done for free. Either by himself or through a VITA program somewhere. I'll eat at restaurants, but it would upset me to charge someone $100 for a Big Mac.

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Non, I took tax law and I have to say that our tax code is, in many ways, nonsensical.
You are preaching to the choir, Sister Ruby!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Sister Ruby has a nice ring to it. Im irritated at the moment. The wi if isn't working for some reason. Won't load. That puts a crimp in my posting. So I'm using my phone as a portable hot spot.

Ice cream time. Poor Mister Ruby having to work in this tonight. Yucky.

Brain, congrats on the doe. Meat in the freezer.

I had some mystery soup for dinner which my mother sent home with me yesterday. My son asked me what I was eating and I told him the soup grandma made, did he have some. He said no, he didn't like pepper soup. So I'm assuming it's pepper soup. Green peppers lest you think I'm eating spicy tonight. It hit the spot.

So until tomorrow. Good night. Maybe the internet will decide to work tomorrow but I doubt it. Sigh.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Brain , great job on the doe! That's one more than I got... !

We spent part of the night by a campfire on the back deck watching the kiddoes make smores...We just hung out and talked..

The good thing is I swung by and grabbed firewood on the way home and made a campfire after work , I didn't go straight to bed like I have been...I am headed there now though...

Happy Firday night , ya'll stay safe and have fun...See ya'll tomorrow...
Old 01-09-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Free HBO, Showtime and Max this weekend!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Sign me up for a sober weekend! I had my first appointment with my new therapist and this one finally seems to be exactly the kind of professional experienced in my issues that ive been looking for. Will keep myself busy with my kiddo by my side and visiting my parents an hour out of town. Stay strong everyone lets do this!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Friday night and a nice birthday dinner with friends at an Italian restaurant to celebrate the birthday of my best friend and drinking buddy of years.

Stuck to iced tea. Feeling proud.