Notices

Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Old 01-08-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

I dig this! Thank you. I have 13 days today and am in.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all ,
thursday night and checking in , hope it's a good friday my auzzie friends

Got a paperwork build up which i'll have to unblock in the morning . Trying to de-clutter, had a ruthless bin moment when i got home earlier .
I also removed some things from the hallway and put them in my room here .

I've been checking out some message boards about extreme early retirement , maybe not for me to retire but to become financially independent and have greater freedom to choose how i spend the time of my life .

Learning how to remain patient with it is difficult and trying not to be disappointed with my progress is difficult . I always seem to be learning and appreciate that sometimes my biggest problem is me LoL

With time things change , one moderate step after another , one day at a time is how i get through . The progress might seem small as we walk it but when you see the journey looking back it becomes something quite spectacular ..

Keep on , m
Old 01-08-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm IN!!!
Y'all make me smile.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Count Lancashire in. I am on board the sober weekend bus.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Cool to hear you're starting to poke around some new freedoms, Mex. Those of us without little wildlings running about certainly have an advantage in that department, eh? Congrats again and hope you find some encouraging information!

Buggirl - way to go, what a milestone! Great job, it's been fun to see your progress after joining us in the early goings!

Ruby - sorry about the snow. Yuck. The Kennedy and the Eisenhower are bumper-to-bumper, I'm sure. But you're at least taking a train most of the way, right? It's little comfort I guess when it's such a zoo out there at this hour. I do miss coming out of the old office and seeing all the lights on State Street and Michigan Ave, though, always made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Despite being bushed after work, I busted out my backpack and took my daily stroll to el mercado. Brought home mangoes, oranges, papaya, mushrooms, peapods, cabbage, and a carrot. Also hit up the grocery store and grabbed some yogurt for tomorrow morning. Glad I got off my butt and didn't succumb to a nap or YouTube. Now I can relax without feeling that I've neglected something, I enjoy that feeling!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 01-08-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Howdy, Weekenders. I'm in!

This is a great checkpoint for me over the weekend; it helps keep me on track and avoid being derailed by stray AV thoughts.

Thanks to Weasel and everyone for making it great!

Old 01-08-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Bad weather here, too, missed my dentist appt stuck on the interstate because of a ten car pileup. Got to listen to more than one podcast though.

Ruby, sorry to hear about the mister.

Bug girl, congrats!

Looking forward to another great sober weekend and reading everyone's adventures. No nighttime plans, been enjoying watching movies and going to bed early. Not ready for much socializing outside of my family.

I'll grab the back seat this time so I can make faces at the cars behind us.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sober weekend it will be. I'm ready for it. I'll be going to a great Japanese restaurant that I really enjoy. The food is amazing and the prices are reasonable since I'll just be ordering water. I'll also put to a use one of my xmas presents, a nice marker set and draw some doodles of muhamed in support of Charlie. Stay warm out there people. January strikes hard.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Checking in! One more 8 hour day of work stress to go... still less stress than the holidays I think Honestly I'm a little proud of myself. Work has done its best to drop a giant stress bomb on me with not one but two unexpected nightmare projects. Well, I'm not stressing and I'm not drinking. My last two relapses seem to have sunk in.

Looking forward to leaving work behind tomorrow and having a nice, sober weekend.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Greetings Sober Enders!!!!

Only one more day and then the weekend!
Ridiculously busy at work. Apparently Tax Season is a thing.
I have very few plans for the weekend, and for this I am grateful. I am taking the dog to the vet for his annual checkup on Saturday morning. Funny...or not...I just discovered a couple of lumps on his shoulder that will definitely have to be checked out. They don't seem to bother him, so I am hoping they turn out to be nothing.
I have been telling myself that January is the time for my clean and purge the house project. We shall see how far I get on that.

Be well peeps!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

well alright, great to see many new faces and new returners - I guess that's a word.
Last night I finished watching star trek VI, all back to back - yeah I know...

They just announced Elton John is going to play here in FEB - tickets go on sale tomorrow, thought I would share an elton song - but wait - I found something incredible - REALLY.
So anyone who drinks this weekend is gonna have to watch this FIVE TIMES!

Old 01-08-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

"
Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I've been checking out some message boards about extreme early retirement , maybe not for me to retire but to become financially independent and have greater freedom to choose how i spend the time of my life.
Bogleheads
Mr. Money Moustache
Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello all the weekenders !
Bsomb, I too caught the " girlfriend " word right away congrats !
Ruby, I am sorry about your husband. My ex and I had a tumultuous relationship with his drinking playing a major part. I get what you are going through, and I am sorry. I hope you have a strong network , and know I am just a pm away.
Olive - my dog had a pretty good sized lump on one of her mammary glands, which turned out to just be a fat deposit, thank goodness. Hopefully your vet can do a quick biopsy and all will be well.
Nothing much planned this weekend, other than son's hockey games. I am just glad that my other son' s cat whom we are house sitting for has been cured of his " explosive puddles" which was exactly what it sounds like. Ew.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Elton Live

Elton Da Man!

From his first U.S. Tour, a live Simulcast from NYC. Dude could show Jerry Lee Lewis how it's done in this Power Trio. Melanoma got Bassist Dee Murray. Drummer Nigel Olsson is still with him. In Elton's big Vegas Productions, Nigel signs his Drum Heads and sells them for a lil Money. He gives it all to Charity. I really love the way he hangs behind the beat, and does these sparse Fills with plenty of 'Air'.

Before he booked into Rehab and got clean, Elton says he was doing a Bottle of Scotch/day, and 2 to 3 Grams of Coke/daily as a 'Speedball' to offset the Scotch downer. Another one who beat the odds...

Mec ~ I Retired at 48. PM me if you ever want to chat about it.

The Pic is Elton Photobombing a Senior Class-related Pic in Boulder CO. He was up at Caribou Ranch recording in the '70s.

'Can I Put You On' ~ Elton John ~ 11-17-70

-----
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

One of the best.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Well, I made it home. Safely, if not quickly. BigS, I take the Ryan and I don't have the train option to get to the office or home anymore. It took me three hours in bumper to bumper traffic, creeping along at no more than five miles an hour on unplowed, unsalted road, to get to my parents to pick up the kids. And they of course have school tomorrow after I arranged with my boss to be off tomorrow IF school was cancelled for the third day in a row. Rats. Because Friday is seven a.m. band practice day, lugging fifty pounds of percussion instruments. And tomorrow it will be in bitterly cold and snowy weather. It's just been that kind of week for me.

I want some of those crayons to draw with. I love new crayons.

Buggirl, congrats on 100 days! Way to go!

I haven't refined my plans for the weekend other than staying sober, trying to go to meetings, and shuttling kids around. Oh, and taking down the Christmas decorations. I have a pork tenderloin I defrosted that needs cooking and I hope I haven't let it go too long. This week has been distracting and unpleasant. Right now I can hear the wind blowing outside.

I'm going to have some ice cream. I was actually too upset last night to eat ice cream. Then? I will go to bed.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Too upset for ice cream!? Whaa?!?

I am sorry about your bad week, Ruby. Take a moment to be proud of yourself for your strength and your sobriety.

Elton John was the first album I purchased and the first live concert I went to.
Love Elton John.