SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/355921-stay-sober-here-weekend-jan-8-11-a.html)

Weasel1966 01-08-2015 08:15 AM

Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Hey sober weekender team! Our first official sober weekender thread of the year!

Since its a new year and lots of new folks let me review why we have this thread.

Every Thursday around noon EST we begin when the folks down under start their Friday. We meet here and talk about living sober weekend lives. Anything and everything is topical from DIY projects, what's on the menu, challenges we face that weekend, vacations and just average stuff we do to fill time. Jokes, pictures and fun banter encouraged.

This is a safe fun hangout each weekend. It's in the newcomers because the focus is on getting those trying to get their sober legs under them and how to make it through, what most seem to feel, is the toughest part of the week.

Speak up when cravings hit. If things get really hairy for you post on the main board for the broadest support possible.

*Ring Ring*

What does it mean?

In the words of Mecanix...

“The first bell is the bell of mindfulness, calling to me and you.

It says stop what am i doing right now, take some breaths, feel my body, am I holding it tight and tense? Relax… calm down… life is a journey and not a destination, make the journey as glorious as possible.

The second bell is the freedom bell and I'm ringing it for you to let you know freedom from drink and drugs is available to you, come and hear us calling out to you.”

So let's get started! Three... Two... One... Welcome to YOUR sober weekend! Woo hoo!

Jump on a sober bus and take the ride! You won't regret it come Monday!

:bus:bus:bus:bus:bus

Ken

JackDsMissus 01-08-2015 08:20 AM

Onboard! I have a dinner date tomorrow night with a man who doesn't drink much at all but seems to have one or two when we are together. Nerves? lol. Anyway, I got through last weeks dinner without much craving, so I'm hoping it's only going to get easier. Then planning on spending the weekend with my daughter, taking her swimming and a spot of shopping. I think it'll be a fab sober weekend!

PurpleKnight 01-08-2015 08:25 AM

Hey Weekenders!! :)

CaseyW 01-08-2015 08:26 AM

I'm in. Never done one of these weekend threads before. Because of my occupation (work in a restaurant) weekends have always been my busiest work time so never viewed the weekend as prime drinking time. Plus back when I wasn't a stay-at-home alcoholic (like I've mostly been for the last couple of years) and did all my drinking in bars I never liked going out on the weekends because my favorite bars were always too crowded. I went to bars for the drinks, not for the people. Typically Mondays and Tuesdays were my nights to really let my alcoholic beast loose--they were "my weekend."

That being said, I think it's a good idea for me to be active in this thread, to make it yet another place to find support/encouragement as I try yet again to quit drinking. I work during the day all weekend--no real plans for the evenings yet. Looking forward to conversing with all of you here!

Weasel1966 01-08-2015 08:29 AM

Welcome JDM and Casey!!!! Glad to see you jump on board!

PK!!!! Always good to see you here!

I see Ruby lurking... no one called shotgun yet so technically its open!!! :D

Soberwolf 01-08-2015 08:32 AM

Riding roof as always

Thanks Weasel

Ruby2 01-08-2015 08:36 AM

I'm in for the weekend. Time to take the holiday decoration down. Taking daughter to gymnastics on Saturday morning. And a lot of thinking and planning as it seems that from a slip, Mr. Ruby is now relapsed. As Fandy said, stop the crazy train. I don't even want to get on it. I was looking forward to the warm zaniness of the soberistas to hang out with.

happyandfree 01-08-2015 08:36 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm in for the sober weekend-:)
Whoohoo!

bigsombrero 01-08-2015 08:48 AM

Hola from somewhere between Mexico and El Salvador. I'm in! Looking forward to a peaceful weekend and some "alone time". The holidays were busy, socializing with travel over X-Mas and with the girlfriend traveling on New Year's weekend. This weekend I am hoping for a quiet weekend of watching football, cleaning the house, and checking a few things off the to-do list.

leharris111 01-08-2015 09:07 AM

I'm in too! Second sober weekend in like 8 years! Kinda nervous and now that the shame and hangover has worn off since my last drinking episode (news years Eve) I am craving beer!!!! Seems like each night is getting harder to avoid it, not easier!

Tonks 01-08-2015 09:18 AM

Hi Weasel! Count me in for the ride!

Although shotgun? I've never seen a bus that has shotgun! It's always a bunch of steps :tapedshut

waveridermke 01-08-2015 09:38 AM

Comin' on-aboard! Happy trails for everyone!

LBrain 01-08-2015 09:43 AM

president

BigS - I think that is the first time I heard you say 'girlfriend' - ;)

it warmed up since this morning - it's up to 10F. I was actually going to head out in the dark at 4 deg and breezy - nah. Elton John tickets go on sale at 10 tomorrow. Debating whether to go to box office or do online.

jbass 01-08-2015 09:54 AM

ok, I'm climbing aboard. nervous because weekends are when I always fall off but plan to post here when the road gets bumpy. confident it'll be a good ride though, le's roll!

Nonsensical 01-08-2015 09:56 AM

In there like Kim K's thong. :)

Nofearnobeer 01-08-2015 10:01 AM

I am working 12 - 9 Saturday , so I'm in....Have Sunday off , and God willing, i'll be at Church Sunday...of course , on this matter, i am sure God is very willing... :)

Anyways , we'll be around ..

MesaMan 01-08-2015 10:04 AM

Up On Da Roof

Yo Weekenders & Former WeekBenders ~

Kinda forgot it's Thursday, so I'm glad to see us all back in the Saddle. The Holidaze were fine by me, but I kinda prefer unperturbed 'Regular Schedules'. Kinda. Bouncing out of Bed rested and Sober this morning - only to immediately have to clean up Dog Hurl and Play Toy chunks ingested at the Dog Park - had me thinkin' 'bout more pressing details. 'Stupid Life!' ~ Homer Simpson

The Post above about Bus Steps & Shotgun caused me to quickly look up a fav Topic of mine: House Buses! What's not to like, eh? OK, well, other than old Bus Maintenance, and truly dismal Fuel MPG. A 2nd 'innovative' Bus is shown ~3/4ths the way down the Linked Webpage. I arrived here in CO 39 years ago this recent NY Day, and soon bought an old International Delivery Van I named 'Rollo'. We hauled around P.A. Gear and Band Equipment in it; Camped in it; and watched Drive-In Movies out the open Back Doors. Other Extra-Curricular Activities need not be discussed here and now. I've been hooked on some kinda RV ever since. All were had by a good time!

Blazing Sun here right now at the City House, but a lil Storm blasts through tonight to drop ~1" of Snow. Low Temps of 14 F [-10 C] predicted. Time to dig out my Sheepskin Codpiece! And, I had that thought even before Non's hilarious Post above! Hold that distracting mental image for a bit if the urge to drink pops up! We crawl up out of this Arctic Event by the Weekend. No biggie, compared to MI or WI Cold right now.

LBrain ~ I buy Tickets only online. I have my Ticket Account & Credit Card all set up and entered. I get on a High Speed Connection, since I use a sometimes-pokey Aircard Modem. For me, that's a local Coffee Shop w/WiFi. I set down my Cellphone adjacent. Cellphones work off Atomic Time to keep Servers synchronized. When the Cellphone Display flips to 'Open Sale' time - 10:00 A.M. typically here - I hit 'Buy'. The Ticket Sales Server is also linked to Atomic Time. Once Seating options are presented, you've got a minute or so to decide. On a second Webpage on my Laptop, I have the Venue Seating Chart up. I look at Seats and either 'Buy' or click 'Try More'. Can't beat this method. It got me 6th Row Seats a few Summers ago for 'ZZ Top' and 'The Pretenders'.

Laters Gators...

House Bus Pix

A lil Carole King Music, Maestro...

'Up On The Roof' ~ The Drifters

------

desion 01-08-2015 10:05 AM

I am so looking forward to being able to do this (hopefully). Have a birthday dinner of my best friend and drinking buddy tomorrow. Not drinking at this dinner will give me a lot of power.

JT0626 01-08-2015 10:14 AM

I'm always in for a sober weekend!

SoberJohn 01-08-2015 10:16 AM

I'm in for a sober weekend