Notices

Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11

Old 01-10-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Now to extract a broken screw from oak. Not looking forward to it.
Got these for Christmas. Still in the package. Let you borrow them for some venison?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
grabit.jpg (93.7 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Non - image doesn't appear, but if it's easy outs - waste of time. I used the dremmel tool trick. Slice into shaft with cutoff disc, then use small screwdriver. There were two - apparently this happened when they refinished the cabinets 13 years ago. I got one out. Filled with plastic wood - but didn't let it set and put door back on. I'll attempt to close it in about 8 hours. Wait while the plastic sets. Old magazines come in handy for propping things up. I left the tools out so when she wakes up she can see how hard I had to work at it.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

so anyway, I went to where I used to keep my dremmel kit. Decided to page through some albums on top, 2 bonnie raitt, misc old stuff and the insert poster from goats head soup in pristine condition... I just looked it up and saw one on ebay not even close to perfect is selling for $150. yowza! mine looks brand new!

gawd mick looks ridiculous
Old 01-10-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Managed to get to the store and pickup new coils for my vaporizer, it didn't bother me being around beer in the store. Bought a new book, then ended up at the grocery store. Ran into a coworker and he asked me hey you gonna watch the football game over at one of our friends house. I said yep, so he says cool don't forget to bring beer. Ooof still haven't told anyone I'm not drinking. Gotta figure out how I'm getting out of this, i can't handle being around people drinking yet.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Well, the driveway is now clear of snow again. I don't mind clearing snow, but negative wind chills are not fun.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

SWEET! And the man in the back said everyone attack and it turned into...more silliness. I was just thinking of that song not too long ago. Thanks, Brain. It's running through my head now.

2WT, glad you made it to the store for your vaporizer part without straying into the wrong aisle.

I have been busy. Walk shoveled, ornaments down and boxed. Needles swept off the floor. Lunch made and eaten. Did you know canned tomato soup lists high fructose corn syrup as the second ingredient after tomatoes? Taking a break. Mr. Ruby must be stirred from his nap. He has to get that tire.

I hope he gets over this withdrawal junk soon. It's hard doing all the chores myself. He hasn't been a help at all. And while I can be empathetic to a degree, im getting a resentment.

I'm going to have to disturb my armful of fat avatar cat who crawled up and curled up on my chest. She's nice and warm and squishy. But, that tire isn't going to get fixed itself. And I have to start laundry.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ruby, give him a break. Don't you remember withdrawal? And the first few days? I"m surprised he's gone to work.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Ruby, we're doing a total remodel, floor, cabinets, appliances, sink, countertops, the whole shebang. When we built this house 20 years ago we put our money into windows etc., and finished the kitchen and bathrooms on the cheap thinking we'd upgrade later. Didn't think it would take this long. We're doing the demo but that's it. I'm very excited to get a new kitchen.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

d**** double post.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
James Brown?
Yep.
James Brown.

I just made this my ring tone. And let's see if I actually figured out to embed a YouTube video ...

Old 01-10-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Just when I kick one beer habit , now I pick up a Coke habit.....This can't be healthy..

At least it's diet....
Old 01-10-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Just when I kick one beer habit , now I pick up a Coke habit.....This can't be healthy..

At least it's diet....
I totally abuse diet cola. I'm trying to cut way back. I made it through most of a workday without any, but it seems when I'm sitting around relaxing, that little voice wants me to drink something. Something to work on, but for now, much better than the alternative
Old 01-10-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Trach, I have been cutting him some slack. It's just frustrating. When I got sober this last time I was up and at work every day, did all the chores, fed the kids and got them to school every day because mr. Ruby was still out there. I guess I didn't have as tough a time.

Son who leaped all over me this morning went into my room and wrapped himself up in my blanket. I thought he was goofing around but he was sound asleep in under five minutes. He needs it but I will have to wake him because otherwise he won't go to bed tonight.

I have to call to see if little Miss is ready to come home from her friend's house. I dropped her off and went grocery shopping.

Bernie, good for you! That's exciting to do. You will have to post pics. We did the work mostly ourselves. I think doing the demo will be fun but best of all worlds, you will get it done a lot faster with someone else installing it. You missed my weekly weekender whines about still having to wash dishes in the bathtub.

Time to call for little miss. And pop the pork tenderloin in the oven.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Well... howdy folks!

90 min massage was awesome. I can feel the toxins just floating around in my body so I drank lots of water.

Got bored soon after and went to the local steakhouse. Sat at the bar. Ordered the 16oz prime rib. Nothings says release of toxins like a big ass prime rib slab. I did have the side salad.

You can spot the drinkers. Sitting at the bar doesn't bother me. Rather better than sitting alone with my meat in a corner... (phrasing?)... but you can spot the drinkers. The guy with the hipster beard and biker eyes. He's a drinker for sure. The blonde with the red head boyfrend. Yup... both drinkers. Clearly I had time on my hands to notice. You know what I didn't notice??? The drinks themselves!!! The people were far to interesting to consider the drinks.

I cannot say it enough and I mean it... good sober group this weekend. You all are applying the right stuff to this new year of living soberly.

As for me... I think Olive made the formal declaration that there is free HBO and Showtime. Since I already pay for them I think I will make use of them. Or Netflix... or Amazon prime. You get the idea... The slab needs time to settle anyways.

I will be here.. lurking on the pad flanked by kitties.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Well , least I have a 12 pack of something...And I am not falling off the deck or tackling a smoker with a 20lb brisket that's been smoking for 10hrs this time...(dun ask) ..
Old 01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Lazy Saturday.
Long vet visit this morning. The dog was in for his annual exam. Vet says his lumps feel like fatty cysts to her. She can biopsy them, but just recommends watching to see if they change. Apparently a symptom of getting old. It is good to have a long check and to get the seal of approval for a healthy dog.

Made a big pot of chicken lemon egg spinach soup and will batch half of it into the freezer.
Been taking full advantage of the free premium channels. Watched 'Philomena'....great. Watched 'The Trip', entertaining. Tried to watch 'Transcendence' and 'Django' but couldn't catch on. I then watched a mini series called 'Olive Kitteridge', I mean, olive, come on, right? It was good and sad and strange and good and thoughtful. I quite enjoyed it.
I best get my tail out for a walk before this day is a complete loss.

Back later, Sober Enders!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Nothing says release of toxins like a big ass prime rib slab.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Weasle1966 and olive1. Prime rib!! Homemade soup!! You guys are making me hungry.

Got some housework done today. Been a good day. Just realized I am on day 10. Double digits!! That feels really good!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I haven't had a prime rib in years. Made buffallo chicken tacos and jalapeno poppers, I'm stuffed. Time to put my feet up and try this thing called reading a book.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Olive...thanks for the info on the free premium channels. I didn't know that it was happening. I wish I hadn't missed Olive Kitteridge...I heard it was really good. Maybe I can catch something else.
Lazy day around here. Saw Book of Life...it was pretty good altho I dozed off a couple of times. Then I came home and took a long nap.
I'm trying to get a grip on my post holiday diet and have no ice cream in the house. Boohoo.
Ok...feeling kinda bored but don't feel like doing anything anyway. Time to watch some tv.
see you later.