Notices

Yippee!!!! The Weekender Thread Sept 19-21

Old 09-20-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Tonight though...I'm terrified for. I have work. At the bar. There is going to be a band, free beer, etc. If I wasn't the manager of the kitchen and the only one working in the kitchen I would just stay home. I am feeling weak.
Print this out and put it in your pocket.

Just keep saying, "I quit drinking when I a got a Round Tuit".
Old 09-20-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

An older officer is at a country fair in uniform proudly displaying his medals and awards on his uniform. A country girl, impressed, asks him how long it has been since he had sex. He responded not since 1955. She says, "Oh my, come with me." When they are finished she said, "Well you certainly haven't forgotten much since 1955." He looks at his watch and exclaims, "I guess not. It's only 2140 now."

I got about six hours of work done in the yard. Made 4 trips to the free wood chip pile.
Got a haircut first thing when they opened at 0800. Getting ready to head up to visit with family. Have a good night all. Glad so many are aboard this weekend.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

What do you get when you show up late to Jeffery Dahmer's dinner party?

The cold shoulder.....
Old 09-20-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Ruby, I have been living in renovation construction zone for the last 9 months....I could have given birth already!

my painting just finished yesterday, today I cleaned and hung window treatments, now I am cleaning the wood floor and tomorrow i'll apply the Bono polish and put furniture back.....sheesh I can't move in my bedroom or open the dresser with the living room tables in there, I have to be a contortionist to make the bed.

love the new pressure cooker, made barbeque beef brisket in 1 hour and 10 mins. like butta...
Old 09-20-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Most appropriate humor and one of my favorite routines:

remember, there's six if you live in a trailer park...and I've lived in a trailer park

Old 09-20-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
What do you get when you show up late to Jeffery Dahmer's dinner party? The cold shoulder.....
That's harsh.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

The five levels are scary and so true!
Old 09-20-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hey weekenders!
Just back from doing a few things at the old job. I had to go to the bank and the post office on the way home. I went a different route to avoid the Husky traffic. I was driving past a park and did a double take and then had to go around the block to get back. There was a living room set up in the park!
It was actually just a sculpture, but it still looked pretty cool.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3613189322.jpg (87.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 09-20-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

evening all ,
checking in on saturday night here , Mex-m8 has been helping with a cake bake sale , baking is "all" the rage here in the UK at the moment because of a bake off show on the telly …
His falling down the stairs has made his back ache so i told him to go to bed and take a pain killer so as to get some rest , we can catch up sometime later .
I'm kinda glad as I need a bit more rest and relaxation, still feel tired from a busy week .

Am planning a trip to Orkney , a 13 hr train ride from London and then a stay overnight and catch the ferry to the Orkney mainland . I might hire a car in Thurso and drive to john o'groats ..
Not sure when but i hope to catch some northern lights when i'm up there .

In my drinking days i'd have planned it but never actually done anything other than get annoyed it was getting in the way of drinking time .

Freedom from that alcohol bondage is great .

Good evening , m
Old 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Geez, Olive...must be from living in WA. Here in GA, furniture in the yard is traditional. We even put fridges on the porch.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Eww. I remember sleeping on the sofa on Gram's screened-in porch in Alabama. Ahh, the sweet smell of mold all night,
Old 09-20-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Most appropriate humor and one of my favorite routines:

remember, there's six if you live in a trailer park...and I've lived in a trailer park
Thanks for the laugh! I've lived in a trailer park also...one of the worst stories I have from my time there was when my neighbor (an alcoholic, surprise!) drank a bunch of beers at my place and then went home and had a screaming fight with his wife. The police came and everything, and they knocked on my door and told me that either I could let him sleep on my couch, or they'd take him downtown. I said he could sleep at my place. The first thing he asked me when the police left: "wanna get some more beers?"

Pretty shady stuff. As for the "Levels of Drinking" - it's interesting how the comedian keeps trying to focus on seeing what time it is on his watch. I almost forgot how bad the double-vision gets after you've been drinking all day. Near the end, I had several days where I couldn't even focus on the huge big screen TV from my couch. The term "blind drunk" was certainly applicable in my case.

Just sold a set of dishes and bowls. The cash keeps rolling in, and every day my apartment gets more empty. One day at a time!
Old 09-20-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by SnowDawg View Post
Eww. I remember sleeping on the sofa on Gram's screened-in porch in Alabama. Ahh, the sweet smell of mold all night,
I said, in the yard. You were rich if you had a screened porch.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

you people sure do a lot of things on your weekends... and I'm just here watching TV and smoking a cigarette every 30 min... too much free time I guess
Old 09-20-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey Bliss -

Took me a long time to start "doing things" on weekends - or weekdays - after getting sober. In the early goings, I considered getting into the shower a small victory. If you're early on, don't worry.

And if you've got tons of sober time and you're just having a lazy weekend...more power to you! Relaxing and sitting on the couch are sometimes just what the doctor ordered on weekends! I know that next weekend, I'm not doing a darn thing. I plan on sitting in my jammies all day and watching football and lounging on the deck, weather permitting. In a couple of weeks I'm heading to the beach, too. Gonna be a whole-lotta nuthin' happening for me in October and I can't wait!
Old 09-20-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bliss, this is what we do when we have nothing else to do and it gets all wonky.

Lifesaver party.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Saturday Night's Alright

Welp, had a fun day cruisin' down to Ridgway to the Railroad Museum, and to see a purported Festival in their neato Park. The 'Festival' was 6 Booths and a good Band goin' in an Outdoor Band Shell. Kinda understated. Local Beers were being shilled, but that was of no consequence to my embalmed AV.

The Rocky Mountains down that way are relatively 'new' Geologically, and very angular. The area is known as 'Little Switzerland', and attracts lots of Europeans for just that reason. This Topography made Narrow Gauge Railroads the only means of getting plentiful Mined Materials out to Market ~130 years ago, and Supplies and People in. We took a short ride on a restored specialty Train Locomotive.

It took me only ~2 months to ding my new Truck, RIGHT on the expansive Tailgate. I 'lightly' backed it into my Utility Trailer. Insert expletive here that rhymes with 'Duck'. However, the new and Sober Me saw this as a Buddhist exercise in Detachment, and freeing myself from vesting too much into a possession. So, I masked the Tailgate evidence by making an Environment Statement with a $3 Bumper Sticker [see below]. C'est la vie...

'Tis Saturday night, so why not Elton John, eh? His Bass Player is playing a 5 String version of the same 'Music Man' Bass I used to get funky on, and Japanese Fans are reliably enthusiastic.

'Outlander', on the Starz TV Channel, is just starting. I need to get Da Wife a Lobster Bib to catch the Saliva while she lusts over 'Jamie' in his Kilt. I'll be online for at least an hour, since she is incommunicado during this new Episode.

Keep it real!

Music Video Link

'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting' ~ Elton John - Live In Japan 2001

------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Squirrel Nuts.jpg (49.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 09-20-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Happy birthday RogueDreams! Enjoy your birthday weekend!

BigS, you found the Jon stewart thing. I remembered when that whole thing was on, but not who it was. Franswa. That's actually better than the woman whose name was spelled "Beauika", she told us it was pronounced "Bianca" and her mother, who was also her co-defendant in a shoplifting case, chimed in that she "spelled it different." And no, I never used work as a reason to drink.

I went and looked at granite but not where I wanted to look. Those places were closed so I went to Home Depot just to get an idea of pricing. Of course the ones I liked best, in granite, solid surface, quartz, were the most expensive. Eek!

A friend went with me. We went to a garden place but bought nothing. Then we went to a new grocery store that opened and did buy some stuff and ate lunch and came home. Kids were at a birthday party. It was very nice to see my friend. I've got Dr. Who on but the likelihood that I will be able to watch it or retain anything is small.

Fandy, you have more stamina than me. I get pooped just thinking about what needs to be done. I think I might be attention deficit. The kitchen has only been marginally started and I'm planning a redo of my bedroom. My husband asked "why". I just don't know. I think I will watch the tv and maybe put together one of the cabinets. If I just get through Monday, I'm off for the next six days after.

Will check in later.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mesa, I've still got the first issue of Yellow Brick Road over there in the rack. The one song that I can still remember every word and every note, and always wanted to be able to play, is:

Old 09-20-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Love Elton John.
That was the first live concert I ever went to. I think I was 14? Festival seating, waiting in line all day.
He was worth it.