Notices

Yippee!!!! The Weekender Thread Sept 19-21

Old 09-18-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Cool Yippee!!!! The Weekender Thread Sept 19-21

What???? It's the weekend already?

Let's see.... Need to pack my music playlists... Gardening tips... Recipes... Pictures to share... Postcards to share... Sober tool box... Pet pictures... Gratitude list... Hmmmm....

Did I forget anything? OH yes... BACON! In all forms... Even airbrushed!

Busy busy at work today! Lost rack of time until I heard all the buses pull up!

*Ring Ring* Welcome to your sober weekend!

Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SHOTGUN!

waiting for my seestor's flight to get in - thought I'd check to see if the bus pulled in too.

Weasel, lost rack of time? Speaking of racks...
Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yessssss
Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ngikwi
Old 09-18-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

shove a bum people!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay! Can't wait for the wonderful weekend!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-18-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in although due to fishing and no wi fi won't be on from friday morning to sunday afternoon. Stay strong everyone and have fun.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah! I'm here early this time and happy this thread is underway! Welcome to all the newbies and new comers.

This is my big "move out" weekend back in Chicago. I've had a couple of monumental days with the Craigslist scene the last few days, and it's gone great. Which, conversely, leaves me working and living in an apartment that's nearly empty of furniture for the next 5 days! But I still have a couch, a bed, and a laptop and frankly that's all I need. I am working online for my company from 7am-4pm daily as well. Lots of stuff happening. It's been an interesting "trip" so far. Hectic. Moving is stressful, especially doing it on my own.

I've also had some chance to visit with old friends...it's amazing to see how scheduled they all are. So attached to specific time frames. I have been asked for coffee and/or dinner, and have met up with a few people. The conversations about meeting up have gone like this:

Friend: "Hey Sam, I hear you're in town for a few days! Let's meet up for coffee!"
Me: "Sounds great, how about I call you this weekend?"
Friend: "Cool. I might have a work engagement this afternoon. But, I am free from 1pm-2pm on Friday, or from 10am-11am on Saturday. I can also possibly do a 5pm-6pm on Monday. Let me know and I'll schedule you in."

Okay, woah. I know my old friends are all in big business and have been in the rat race here for years, but I just don't operate like that anymore. These meet-ups are feeling more like "appointments" as opposed to just hanging out. I am not here to put on a suit and tie and zip around like the old businessman I used to be. I am here to take care of my move over a 1-week period. In a perfect world, I would be able to just call someone and they'd say "okay, see you in 20 minutes!". But I guess the lives of my friends just don't work that way anymore. Too much going on, I guess.

I think I need to focus on living the life I've worked so hard to achieve. That means not making everyone else happy, but keeping my own mental health and sobriety priority #1. Slow and steady works for me, and I'll keep that mantra going.

Glad to be here and happy weekend!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ease you all into the weekend with a little Donovan
Jersey Thursday
Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Woohoo! I'm in for another sober weekend!

bigsombrero - I'd imagine your friends' schedules are especially shocking after being in Guatemela where you said time is experienced and thought of differently. Sounds like you're in a good place, I wish you all the best with your move!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

sober weekend
Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

In

Brain did you camp out overnight to get shotgun like you did for the Tran Siberian Orchestra tix?
Old 09-18-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey soberino's ,
hope things are going ok . Lots of work going on with me .. very busy 6:15am - till 6 pm most days and quite mind absorbing work . Today a piece of software called genesis32 decided to start playing up … Also another computer has gone wrong .. and i need to re-build another left from a few weeks ago .. So too much to do .. Also there are other things people are wanting me to look at ..

Luckily sobriety has tought me how to deal with unmanageable situations and do my best without it knocking me too far off an even keel . Certainly being a contractor and knowing i can limit my hours or have a day off when i like is good .

So I'm enjoying the new job even though i'm tired, it will be nice when friday evening arrives

Stay strong , m
Old 09-18-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'll be with you in spirt this weekend, but instead of taking the sober bus I am taking a sober backpacking trip into the Shenandoahs with my sons. We are going to stay up late telling manly stories and eating s'mores!

Have a safe trip, and stay out of the cocktail lane!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
I'm in although due to fishing and no wi fi won't be on from friday morning to sunday afternoon. Stay strong everyone and have fun.
Fish Fry at MarathonMan's house on Sunday night!!! Wahoo!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ring Ring. . . I'm jumping on the bus. I'll bring my camera, and we can do group photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
images.jpg (7.3 KB, 152 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I've been asked to share some of my photos. My watermark would give away my identity so I don't, but I did one without the watermark to share with you all. This is a special thing I'm working on right now. . .doing photos in watercolor. I already have appointments to take pet photos this way. I did my pets and it looks like an actual watercolor portrait of them. It is really cool and fun to work with this. It isn't photoshopped. Anyway, enjoy.
Attached Images
DSC05916 no sig.JPG (84.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

"Waiting for the Interurban" - a sculpture in Seattle.

It gets "dressed up" on occasion. Here, for the boys: (totally worth clicking - but way too big for forums)

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...rmntsclptr.jpg
Old 09-18-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Mind if I jump on ?

Grateful today to be on a course of antibiotics and I know I wont drink on them.

Count me in for a grand and glorious weekend of sobriety please !
Old 09-18-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Working For The Weekend

Yo Troops ~

You ain't in, that's Weekending Sin! Get on board this Love Train and ride it 'til your Fun Meter is pegged in the red!

Here's a Pic of the 'Black Canyon Of The Gunnison'. ~3,000' deep in spots, with >1 Billion year-old Formations at the bottom. In one area, there's a Gem Mine ~1/2 down the Canyon Walls I read about some years ago.

This is where I visited w/lil Trailer in Tow a few weeks ago. There was a Narrow Gauge Train run by the River circa 1882 that really opened up Commerce. Have Cojones. Will Travel, eh?

Lotsa lil Chores this Weekend here on the W. Colorado Ranchette. Just cleaned out the Water Pump on the Swamp Cooler I got for free, and it's blasting out cool air like nuffin' else. 90 F predicted for today; well above typical Fall temps at ~6,100' here in Pinon/Juniper/Sage Country.

Got busy with my new gig of Homemade Sushi Rolls for Lunch. Mighty tasty IMBO. 'B' = 'biased'. It's all about cooling the Rice properly, and spritzing on the Rice Vinegar.

Had to post the obvious Song...

Music Video Link

'Working For The Weekend' ~ Loverboy

-----
Attached Images
Black Canyon.jpg (89.7 KB, 138 views)