Notices

Yippee!!!! The Weekender Thread Sept 19-21

Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I had to look up the difference between new york and chicago pizza. from what I can tell, chicago pizza isn't pizza. there are four pizza shops in my little town within 15 minutes walk of each other or less. there were five but one turned into a sandwich/lunch place.
we have 4 pizza shops, 2 traffic lites and 2 gas stations, about a dozen churches, not much else. The factories closed years ago. There's nothing here!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, it's almost that time cowgirls and cowboys. Another weekend under the hooves. Hope your week is as smooth a trail as this weekend was.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks team for getting me through another sober weekend. I had some moments this weekend for the first time in a while but I squashed AV like a bug. Reading here always helps.

Have a great week!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Good morning. I didn't check in again yesterday. I did stay sober though.

Stuff people have trouble letting go of things. For me it's not just what the item has represented in the past, it's the dreams and hopes they represented for the future too. Projects I've want to complete. Hobbies I've wanted to start. Letting go sometimes means to me a death of that dream of a different me.

It is appropriate that the "stuff" issue came up because I'm having trouble with it, I need to shed much of it and it's hard. I've had to ask why I keep it. I've had to face hard facts about me. It's both a source of comfort and frustration. I fear getting rid of "x" and then finding I need "x" at some point down the line.

Thanks Ken for asking the question. That's helped me this morning. Have a good week everyone! Today is my Monday and Friday as I'm off the rest of the week after today.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

One last Pic, and a reason to wish everyone well. Fine Jobs on slogging through the sometimes-difficult Sobriety bits early on, Noobs.

Below is Sunrise here ~1/2 hour ago. Away later to see the changing Aspen up on the ~11,000' Grand Mesa. The World's largest Flattop Mountain. I'll save any 'keeper' Pix for next Weekend. A crisp Rain really rinsed out the Sky last night. This Pic is looking down on the North end of the Black Canyon Of The Gunnison; that phenomenal Gorge I posted a Pic of earlier. Steep & deep. World Class Fishing.

We're sorting through 3 Houses full of Guano, and deciding what to keep. Cathartic. Lotsa Int'l Travel 'Artifacts' to consider. Nature abhors a Vacuum.

Adios...

Video Music Link

'Good Morning' ~ The Beatles

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sunrise 22 Sept 2014_750.jpg (71.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Sorry I wasn't around much on here this weekend. I did check in the few times I had and read some. What is wonderful is that even though I was having a great weekend, I kept thinking "I wanna read the weekender thread." LOL! Yeah, the weekender thread is awesome and fun. Thank you for being available.