Notices

Yippee!!!! The Weekender Thread Sept 19-21

Old 09-21-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Insomnia is keeping me company tonight. I hope someday my sleep returns with sobriety. 3:36 AM and went to sleep at 12:30 - snarl! Roguedreams, Happy Birthday. I enjoy reading your posts!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Ha, I'm up with insomnia too!

Here ya go. (Song starts at 1:10 if you want to skip the intro)

Old 09-21-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

My sleep/wake cycles are off now too. Fell asleep around 7 pm, wide awake at 11pm, currently 4:50 am. Perhaps it's the equinox. Ive always been in tune with the changing of the seasons. My body didn't know what the heck was going on the semester I spent down under. I got to have 3 "spring breaks" in a row.

It's Sunday. Back to work for me this afternoon. Sadly my weekend's over. Love my job though and I'm not complaining. How could I when I only work 4 days a week? I have a midweekend 2 days off in a row and a mini weekend every week. I can't even count how many times I've accidentally wished people to have a good weekend on Tuesday lol.

Thanks everybody for encouraging me to stay clean and sober! 174 days, one day at a time!

What shall my next adventure be??? Oh yeah I forgot I went to roller derby boot camp prior to getting the job I have now. I would not be able to work at all if I ended up injured as my job is very physical. I may partake in risky behavior, but they are calculated risks. That's one I know I can't afford to lose.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bookmaven View Post
My sleep/wake cycles are off now too. Fell asleep around 7 pm, wide awake at 11pm, currently 4:50 am. Perhaps it's the equinox. Ive always been in tune with the changing of the seasons. My body didn't know what the heck was going on the semester I spent down under. I got to have 3 "spring breaks" in a row.

It's Sunday. Back to work for me this afternoon. Sadly my weekend's over. Love my job though and I'm not complaining. How could I when I only work 4 days a week? I have a midweekend 2 days off in a row and a mini weekend every week. I can't even count how many times I've accidentally wished people to have a good weekend on Tuesday lol.

Thanks everybody for encouraging me to stay clean and sober! 174 days, one day at a time!

What shall my next adventure be??? Oh yeah I forgot I went to roller derby boot camp prior to getting the job I have now. I would not be able to work at all if I ended up injured as my job is very physical. I may partake in risky behavior, but they are calculated risks. That's one I know I can't afford to lose.
Congratulations on 174 days! Tomorrow will be your "dodransbicentennial" in days, so to speak!

I just wanted to say that I've considered doing roller derby too, in times past. I think I'm still a bit too timid - mentally timid - but I *think* I would absolutely love to do it. I love watching it and think it would be super empowering - and a bonding experience. What was the boot camp like?
Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

OK.... Time to bend and stretch and bend and stretch. hmmm... I mean exercise!!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday.

Thought I would sleep in this morning but of course I woke up at 6am...combination of kitty saying 'good morning' and getting a phone call from overseas. Not complaining though...I kinda love being up early.

I'm going to leisurely enjoy some chai to get me going, and then putting together a smoked salmon platter to take to my bookclub meeting. There will definitely be champagne at bookclub but I'm taking some sparkling water.

On a seperate note, I had decided that this week I'm going to get serious about a healthy diet and exercise. In general, I'm not overweight but definitely put on about 20+ unhealthy pounds in the last 3 years that I wld love to say goodbye to!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Insomnia. I went to bed at 1, laid there trying to settle until I heard rain and wind crashing at my window. Ran to the back porch to take hamster and mouse inside. The wind was so fast and furious the rain was blowing horizontally. And then it quit. You would never know it rained early this morning. I'm in bed after waking at 6:30. Note to self. No caffeine after six p.m. Even a little bit.

RogueD, your night sounds great! Good for you. That made me smile. Lola, I need to get on the fitness bandwagon. Now that I will be off later this week maybe I can do something while the kids are in school. I think I will take up the offer of my yoga instructor sister in law and come over for a session.

Got me to thinking what a sloth I've become. But right now, I'm closing my eyes again. The plan was church first, then cleaning. Now I'm reconsidering the former part of the plan in favor of more sleep. No caffeine.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Queen Of The Roller Derby

Denver and surrounds are a proverbial hotbed for Roller Derby action. See some info linked below. The Skaters names are priceless.

A very athletic [and much younger] Teacher Gal Pal of Da Wife's tried out for a local Team, but had some bad luck. Shattered her Ankle in several places during a Workout, and had to give that Second Career a rest. Okie Leon Russell wrote the Ode below to Skating Queens, and I like the lil Gospel-style Vocals that answer back.

I can hear the Rain here picking up; always a challenge on this Adobe Mud Mesa-top. One reason we poured 6"-thick, Stained Concrete Floors. Dog-proof. This ain't the Midwest or South, so the ongoing, distant Thunder in pitch black pre-Dawn is very unusual. Good fun to listen to.

I'm 2/3rds done with wiring up a Gym/Guest Cabin/Shop/Garage 'Complex', and it looks like more Interior work will be the order of the day.

My 'Stand A Spoon Up In It' Coffee is going, and today will be just another great day Sober.

Roguedreams: you've just seen the future. Last night is what the rest of your Life can be like. Sober Karoake and all. A Happy Birthday to really remember, eh? Well done, and congrats on making smart choices so early in Life. Noob Kudos, too, to closetlobster and countrygirl2014. My apologies if I missed anyone...

Music Video Link

'Queen Of The Roller Derby' ~ Leon Russell

----

Skaters ~ Denver Roller Dolls

Rocky Mountain Rollergirls

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bosco + Stereo.jpg (20.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

glad your birthday turned out okay roguedreams, mex, thanx for rafferty tune.
well, it took a couple hours for the drinks to kick in last night, then I finally had someone to dance with. For me, after about five birch beers I had to switch over to just club soda and lime. Most flavored high fructose corn syrup carbonated water I drank in a long time.
I got to bed around 0200 last night. At 0915 I gave up trying to go back to sleep.
Lot's to do, and EAGLES football at 1300.

Okay smart a$$e$: What's red and smells like blue paint?
Old 09-21-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

MM - that link was to a bunch of Paul McCartney junk.
So here's a roller derby tune to inspire our budding actresses on wheels.

Oh yeah, What's red and smells like blue paint? YEP, RED PAINT
Old 09-21-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Morning folks. For all of you with insomnia....I suggest to try moving out of your apartment for a week straight. You'll sleep like a baby! I fought to stay up until 10pm and woke at 6.30. I vaguely remember getting up for a bathroom break but I was so conked out I don't know if it actually happened.

Lots of heavy lifting this morning. Took out 2 end tables, lamps, and a bunch of books. Along with my huge rubber tree plant that is as tall as I am. Plus some sacks of trash. 3 flights of stairs, up and down. Cleaned the cupboards.

Mailed some last minute bills and letters (including a "thinking of you" card to my ninety-nine year-old grandmother) and then went to the grocery store.

You can get SO MUCH DONE when you are sober and up early on a weekend. It's 9.30am and most of my neighbors haven't even stirred yet. Meanwhile, I've taken care of business and have the rest of the day to watch football!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Whoopsie!

Here's the intended Leon Russell Tune...

The 'other' Leon Link started with an Ad for 'Skyy' Vodka. Didn't think it best to post that one here so I dropped it from this Laptop Clipboard. I guess this Link below didn't take. The double weirdness is that I check all my Links before posting. Or, it could be the Lightning/Thunder here this morning mucking with Electronics. Yeah, that's the Ticket! Lightning!

As my Dad used to say, about some Good Ole Boy Singer: 'Sing 'er pretty, Leon'.

Music Video Link

'Queen Of The Roller Derby' ~ Leon Russell

-------
Old 09-21-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I need a little Sunday music

Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What's that? A little more?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I know! Let's get these guys together.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Insomnia was ME last night. Suffering from lack of sleep here and taking a nap soon.

On Day 7 here and rented "Godzilla" to watch tonight. I kept seeing previews of it on T.V. so I figured I see if it's any good.

Yawnnnn. Lunch is on the agenda and a nap, then maybe the park later and then the movie. I can't comment much more, too tired.

Hugs to all the weekenders! Let's all make it a great sober day.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders, I hope everyone is doing well. Thoughts to those of us struggling. It's been pretty boring around here. But boring is ok. Now who's ready for some football?
Old 09-21-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Morning weekenders!
Happy Sunday!
Been puttering around cleaning the house. It is supposed to be hot again today, but they are saying this will be the last one. Fingers crossed. There is a chill in the air in the morning, smells like Fall!
Norman rings the bell to tell me to open the back door. The dog taught him how.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-4196344965.jpg (42.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Howdy everybody!

I guess it wouldn't be a weekend without Jim Croce in it somewhere, eh? That was actually the first way I heard about roller derby, back when I was a kid, listening to that song.

Insomnia: my solution was to set my alarm for six hours after I went to bed (I seem to simply have trouble GETTING to sleep, not staying asleep. Most of the time anyway) ... that way I'd ensure I'd be more tired tonight. I don't know if that's a healthy solution, but that's what I'm trying today.

Sombrero, you're moving to Chicago right? I think I remember you talking about your old friends trying to "slot" you into their daily regimes. Yesterday my aunt was talking about when she went to say goodbye to my cousin (he went off to college this year) - when she asked him when she could swing by, he replied, "oh, let me check. [tap tap tap] Um, I'm free between one and two pm on Monday" ... she was flabbergasted that her 18-yo nephew would host such a schedule. Kids these days? Lol. I think it's just "these days" in general! I'm moving in a month, so I'm quickly facing another remedy for my insomnia, methinks.

Today I have a tentative lunch scheduled with a girlfriend (depending upon what time she arises...) and I need to research welfare options as I'm still unemployed. I hate that thought, but if I need it temporarily, then I need it. Oof. I also have several emails to send and ...

HOUSECLEANING. I guess I used to do a lot more cleaning drunk. I've really let things slide around the apartment and it's starting to really irk me. Now I'm just going to hold myself accountable by posting that here.

Oh, and meeting at six.

All day yesterday I thought it was Sunday (?!) so now my poor befuddled brain is like, wait, it's Sunday again? Lol. C'est la vie!

Here's some weekend music, just randomly. Maybe consider it good insomnia music? Haha

I love the movie too (anybody see it, perhaps? Les Choristes)