Notices

Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18!

Old 05-17-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My other favorite thing to do on the weekend - cook breakfast for a house full on my kids. (2 of the 3 are here this morning!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bacon+photo.jpg (41.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Lovely, Non!
In awe if your skill!
Awwww..thanks!

I have found, though, that if you have enough tools it looks like you have skill.

Sobriety works that way too!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

@nonsensical bravo.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I caught myself in the mirror out of the corner of my eye as I was cleaning just now. I stopped and took a step back. It's barely the same exterior as my youth. A bit weathered. But a spark... That spark... I saw it in my eyes. I smiled. I am still in here somewhere. Being sober .... Thats only the first step.

Time to keep cleaning and then out and about on this rainy day. I love the rain. Windows open a crack to feel the cool air. Cats scrambling for cover when I vacuum.

Hmmm.....
Old 05-17-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

In awe of your breakfast as well, Non!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

back window.jpg

View from my back room, These are 2 of a family of 8 Kookaburras that live in my backyard and beyond. They are wild and all have different personalities with a few of them very tame and social with us.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Tang.... How are you? You said it was going to be a tough one. How are you and long things?

Great pic FE. And welcome to Sr and the weekender thread!
I'm not drinking if that is the question I have a big work project so will be working a lot of the weekend. It is a trigger as I like to drink to de-stress/numb myself from the work pressure.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

This weekend I am doing a volunteer stint at a corporate track meet, but thought I would post a pic of (one of) my hobbies. One that cannot be done under the influence. Previously, I had to choose - sew or drink? Now, every day is available for me to sew!

image-4105900920.jpg

Pieces for an upcoming quilt.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Wery good.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Nice FE. I like the color and light. It makes me want keep walking up that street to see more.

So that is what kookaburras look like. For some reason I pictured them bigger, Notimetoloose.

Newpatti, those greensand blues together are very soothing and striking. I like that circle fabric and the orange. Eye catching.

I'm hungry after seeing Non's breakfast. So I have to eat something. We are in phase one of prepping for the morning of running everywhere. Watching preparatory Saturday morning cartoons while laying in my bed. Then showering. I keep thinking I've got time but the way I procrastinate there isn't much left even though we have an hour. Happy Saturday all!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Weasel, don't mean to put you on the spot, but how do you folks come up with these topics, that always seem to speak to how I am feeling at the moment? I am coming up on 90 days, and I am in that phase where I am realizing i have more healing to do than I initially thought. As I'm approaching midlife sober, I am finding I have lost something that I took for granted when I was younger- a sense of wonder and hope. I had assumed that when I quit, I would start feeling better, and I would just pick up where I left off. So I'm off on a one day at time journey to relearn how live a contented happy life, not worrying about tomorrow or yesterday. Have great weekend everyone!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Non, I am in awe of your skillet too! I notice the egglands best carton - of course I would.
Good choice. If you can find some local organic eggs even better.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

You are very punny, Brain!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

morning gang!
it poured most of the day yesterday here. Didn't plant any flowers. Soooooooo...

At least the sun is out today. Breezy and in the 50's.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Weekend Update ~ 17 Weeks Yesterday

Typical Colorado Weather today. Approaching 80 F degrees and Sunny. 5" of Snow on my SUV only last Monday or so; the classic late Spring Storm. Working around the Ranchette today, and wiring up a 4 Room Modular Building we had delivered last year. After building a Solar, Super-Insulated House, I'm going easy on the Modular and doing simple surface Wiring 'Loft' style in Conduit. Looks kinda neat, too.

We spent my 60-something Birthday night this week down in Ouray ['Ur_a'] Colorado and beat the Summer crowds that invade starting this week. Uber scenic Mining Topography we call 'Little Switzerland'. The Mountains are relatively 'young' and really jagged.

The only A-related glitch was while having a nice Dinner at an old local Hotel. The 'Decor' is old Wine Bottles of fancy Vintages, and the Waiter kept setting the Wine List upright. I kept laying it down. I had no problem with Da Wife's Martini, but the invasive 'Decor' started to get on my Nerves. No urge whatsoever to order a Drink. So, I just dug in a bit and overcame annoyance so as to appreciate the quiet Meal. A very good Meal at that. An old trick while giving Speeches is to look around the Room and focus on a few things to shift your gaze to [including a few Folks' Foreheads]. So, I do that in these Meal settings to skip having to look at Booze. Yawn. The Bar Guy had NO Blender and NO knowledge of how to make a non-Alcoholic Drink. Surreal. I had Cranberry Juice after asking a litany of questions of what they did have. No free Refills. You pay for going Sober in this ole World.

I did some Recon yesterday just driving around some Plateaus I'd never been on [plenty of them]. While Da Wife goes back east in late June to get smashed with some old Gal Pals, me and the Pooch will take the lil Camper Trailer out to plentiful Nat'l Forest to chill and hike. She keeps these Booze_y outings quite rare - she is trying to help via this 'restraint' - and I use the time to enjoy my Sober self. So, it all works relatively well. She's cut way back on consumption. Either she'll come around on her own or she won't. I've not had the need to make this a dry House, and that's working just fine.

I digress a bit, but a lil Week wrap up while easing into the Weekend helps the mental state. Thank you for the latitude. Here's some purty Pictures to compensate for the diversion.

Scenic Ouray Colorado Pictures

Good Weekend wishes to all...
Old 05-17-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Punny guy, LBrain!

I would prefer local organic eggs also, but they haven't reached my convenience/price threshold yet. Demand is on the rise, so I am hoping supply increases.

Nice quilt Patti!

Let's fan Weasel's spark into a bonfire that lights the way to MnEman's hope and wonder.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Great weekends going on all over the sober world. This is a photo of my pot of fruit tea which is my sober drink of choice, the fancy pot makes it feel special.

image.jpg
Old 05-17-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

MnEman.. Not sure come up with a topic is the way I would see it. I just feel it's important for me to tell someone of those moments in my process. Maybe these sorta things are universal huh?

I am at midlife myself. Turning 48. Relearning how to live life again is something that I am so enjoying but something that hits me hard too. The regrets can blind side me. So I go slow and try to get out of hand or run when that happens. I am alone now because my relationship did not survive our addictions.

Glad you are here and posting!

Ken
Old 05-17-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Non... That was really nice to say. And I haven't commented but you add so much to this community. Love your talent with building. Good for you! How did you ever keep all your appendages with so many buzzing and cutting things while you were actively drinking I don't know!

K
Old 05-17-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

That tea pot is amazing!! . . . and I can practically smell that bacon Non!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I was working this morning but now home, settling in with some green tea to watch the soccer on TV this afternoon.

Keep it Sober Weekenders!!