Notices

Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18!

Old 05-17-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Very cool mesa man, wife and I did a trip last year to Mesa Verde and a lot of hiking. Climbed every cliff dwelling too. A few years back I did a trip through Durango with a buddy from NM, it was a fishing trip, all the way up to the headwaters of the Rio Grande - ice forming on the fly rod and all. Camped in Creede. Explored abandon mine locations and FISHED. Great place where you are! Thanks.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Up, breakfasted, showered and out of the house by 9am this morning! Pretty happy with myself.

Chicago, IL: I took the first two with my phone walking to get my morning coffee. I live in the Wicker Park neighborhood. Cabs, buses, train stops, bookstores, coffee shops, you name it.

The third picture I took a few months ago from the top of a very, very, very tall building.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Up, breakfasted, showered and out of the house by 9am this morning! Pretty happy with myself.

Chicago, IL: I took the first two with my phone walking to get my morning coffee. I live in the Wicker Park neighborhood. Cabs, buses, train stops, bookstores, coffee shops, you name it.

The third picture I took a few months ago from the top of a very, very, very tall building.
I lived in Wicker Park for 10 years. Of course that was before it gentrified and I got mugged twice. Great area now.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Non... That was really nice to say. And I haven't commented but you add so much to this community. Love your talent with building. Good for you! How did you ever keep all your appendages with so many buzzing and cutting things while you were actively drinking I don't know!
I think the only self-imposed drinking limit I ever kept was that I would never run my saws if I was drinking. I would drill, glue, sand and assemble drunk, but never the saws.

I built all the benches and cabinets in my shop. Sadly, as I was designing them I considered building in secret compartments so I could hide liquor more efficiently. I am glad I didn't, but that's where my head was back then.

This community was instrumental in giving me my life back. As the person who introduced me to the concept of standing up to that voice in my head, you were no small part in that, good Sir. Not to mention the numerous PMs when I was wallowing in the abyss after one of my several face plants. I can never give enough back to SR.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday, all! I am off to a graduation party where there is bound to be some drinking. I'll stick to my ginger ale and freedom. Looks like a good day for a cigar, too.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

*ok need to work on the pic posting... that was huge

I pic I took years ago when I was sober. I hope to get back into photography on my new path to sobriety
Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi weekenders, I spent most of the morning working on my truck. It was a pain but I got it.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Old 05-17-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I just smoked a nice cigar on a 5 hour road trip with my son, listening to tunes.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders!
Took the dog to the groomers for his summer hair cut and when I picked him up we decided to walk the ten blocks to the street fair down the road. Elephant ears and kettle corn and corn on a stick, it all smelled good. And dream catchers and tie dye shirts and juggling. Fun to watch and got my 10k steps in.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-74524991.jpg (84.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-17-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Olive,
Awwww.. He looks so happy with his new hair cut. Sounds like a great day!
Old 05-17-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Gardening, gardening, and more gardening. I tolerate the winter for spring planting. Lots of work but so satisfying
Well I did what I set out to do and this fat old lazy winter body of mine is hurting in places I did not know it had. Tomorrow will be worse but it is such a good pain and tired knowing I accomplished something today and the feeling that brings is so much better than anything alcohol ever gave me
Old 05-17-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

The day turned out to be beautiful!

I love portland... First pic... Second was at the eastern prom... A dog on a board... The third was a cow... In monument square.... ( not a real cow) ... All in the same day... Ahhhh...

Old 05-17-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Let's see. I want Olive's dog and a tie dyed tee shirt and corn on a stick. That sounds fun. What a sweet looking dog. I've been to Big Sobreros intersection. I've always lived south. The times I've lived north were truly north since I was in MN.

Went to the pet store to pick up food for the hamster and mice and made the mistake of letting the kids see the kitties up for adoption. My son spied a big orange cat that he wanted to take home. Cried and cried. I hate saying no when it comes to animals but we are almost at capacity with two cats, two mice and a hamster. If I were still drinking I'd be the crazy cat lady. Now I'm just plain crazy. Oh, and I forgot the tank of fish.

This was a morning of many activities and they were all successful. The fiesta at school was ok. My daughter wanted to go in the worst way but then we got there she wanted to play on the playground instead.

Mesa Man, it is frustrating to go to restaurants when they all seem to cater to drinkers and push the alcohol. Profit margins. I would have asked them to take the wine list away.

Resting before going to my dinner tonight. Dragging kids with. Hubby sleeping before going to work at eleven. Promised son he could take and play with iPad but he is fighting me for it now.

When everyone mentions organic eggs I think of a woman around the corner from me who keeps about five chickens in her backyard. And yes, you are allowed to keep hens in chicago. No roosters though. Will check in later on. Sounds like everyone doing well.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

S up or D... That's not an easy job to do...

Olive the puppy is so cute.

Hawk...
You have the eye! Very cool!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Ugh. Remind me not to take naps. I always feel like I've got a nasty hangover when I doze in the middle of the day. Time to decide whether to change or not for this dinner thing.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I napped here too! Woke myself up snoring on the couch, think I was only out 20 minutes but felt like a lot longer....

I paid off all my bills today! Aside from old student loans (which I am repaying on a plan and in good standing) I am completely debt free. No bills, no creditors calling, no looming invoices. Been a long time since I could say that.

Hoping for a bright, mild, sunshine day tomorrow. Looking forward to a morning in the park and taking care of some easy errands by noon.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
pray for strength

I'm so excited! Am currently on a date with my husband. Sobriety? Maintained. Went to a friend's photo exhibition and enjoyed it thoroughly. Look forward to reading about everyone's weekend thus far. Thanks for all the support it's working.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Yay Big Sombrero on getting the bills done. You reminded me that I keep forgetting to pay my gas bill. It is overdue as it is. I have the money to pay it but it is big, very big after this brutal winter. I'm falling into my old alcoholic thinking of if I ignore it, it will go away despite having the funds. Bad. Just pay the dang thing!

The dinner was good. My son behaved like an angel which is a small miracle. Truly. My daughter, on the other hand. She was tired so I have to give her some credit. There was an open meeting after we ate and I stayed for a small part of it but had to leave before the dancing. It was an odd venue because it was at a facility which also had two wedding receptions going on and there is an irish pub open to the public.

I am thinking of big orange cats now. I will have to sleep on this decision.

Good night all.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Hi weekenders, I spent most of the morning working on my truck. It was a pain but I got it.

best hobby for man with gym and computer games.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!!

Up early, anyone else love Sunday mornings without a hangover, it's almost a new addiction to get high on!! I love it

Got a few odd jobs to do around the house, other than that taking it easy, my 1 day off from work this week, so I'm gonna enjoy it with some relaxation.

Pot of Green tea is currently brewing!!

Let's do this!!