SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/332187-picture-weekender-thread-may-16-18-a.html)

Weasel1966 05-15-2014 03:44 PM

Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18!

Can you picture yourself sober?

I asked that endlessly... Daily.... Even moment to moment with a deep seated sense of frustration and shame. But all I saw when I closed my eyes were flash backs of not so sober moments I regretted.

Picturing a problem solved is an important step in the process. But quite honestly I forgot what being sober was like. I was not that person anymore. I changed. How can I possibly picture something I can't even imagine???

That's why living in the moment makes a huge difference. Worrying about what being sober for awhile will look like cannot beat actually being sober in the moment.

So how about this weekenders???? Stay sober this moment... This weekend... And while you are at it take a picture of it!

Not of you but of something you see through your sober eyes. Post the pics here and share.

Here is a link on how to do that but please remember to choose the message board size!!! We DON'T want to cause any technical issues due to super sized pictures.

How to post a pic!

A picture is NOT required here! I just thought it might be fun to see things as well as read things.

I find this fun because I couldn't see anything worth while in the midst of my drinking. I felt like I could reach out into this gray cloud and barely feel the other side. Like in the movie Ghost... I had to jump through walls to get here. Lol... Let's see who gets that one!

Enjoy your weekend. Try to see it differently today.

Ken

Gilmer 05-15-2014 03:46 PM

Aha! Shotgun! Traveling looking for jobs with my son this week. I'll be home Saturday afternoon. We're having a blast.

Weasel1966 05-15-2014 03:47 PM

I will start us off... Early if you don't mind!

I took this of Portland harbor.... What you cannot see is that just a short few steps away was where I drank day and night. I saw this harbor drunk more than sober. But I had a steady hand the day I took this. I had was able to see out of my sober eyes! Picture that!

http://i59.tinypic.com/29kw3ut.jpg

Weasel1966 05-15-2014 03:47 PM

Woot! Glimer! Sounds fun!

Weasel1966 05-15-2014 04:06 PM

Making popcorn in my Dutch over... Olive oil... Sea salt and cracked pepper... I add the seasoning before it pops and it blends nice. Now for a few breaking bad episodes!

Night!

K

Gilmer 05-15-2014 04:16 PM

Loved Breaking Bad! I watched all five seasons in a week, I was so engrossed in it! Now we are loving House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. He is so dastardly, it's a sheer delight!

Texas46 05-15-2014 04:22 PM

Weasel, thank you for posting a pic from my hometown! Awesome.:c011:

Weasel1966 05-15-2014 04:28 PM

Glimer.... I finished house of cards and now on season 4. Love it!

Texas... Welcome home! I love this place! Glad to see it in a whole new way. When were you last here?

Olive1 05-15-2014 04:31 PM

I am in!

I use to eat oil popped popcorn every weekend, until I got my braces. :(
And now I can't eat caramels or gummy bears either.
I will enjoy your popcorn vicariously, Weasel.
:)

Thepatman 05-15-2014 04:42 PM

Thanks Ken for the kickoff. Count me in I had a relapse and tired of being tired. Did not post about it, felt like a total idiot yet again.

But I'm in to endure a good detox with the help of my SR friends.

Nonsensical 05-15-2014 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in!

Here was my shop last weekend after I had tidied up a bit and sorted out some pieces of lumber. It's a right mess again. I've been busy! :)

Gilmer 05-15-2014 05:21 PM

Very impressive, Non!

Olive1 05-15-2014 05:22 PM

Breaking Bad final episode was I think the best final episode ever. I could not have loved it more.
I think it is going to rain here this weekend so I think a season or two of something sounds good. So much to choose from. I have not watched the American version of 'House of Cards'. I loved the British version. But I do enjoy Kevin Spacey, so I think I might give that a go.
:)

Nice shop, Non!

bigsombrero 05-15-2014 05:27 PM

Great idea, Weasel, thanks for the pics. You too, Nons. Looking forward to some good ones!

I'm a huge popcorn geek myself, I always pop it myself over the stove with some olive oil and just a pinch of salt. Going to fire some up tonight, catch up on some Orphan Black and watch the first few innings of a west coast ball game and call it a night. Hope all's well out there.

joyfullysober 05-15-2014 05:40 PM

Nice shop Nonsensical!

Hi guys. I am doing my first triathlon this Sunday at 6am. I can only do this thanks to my sobriety and the support from SR. Woohoo!!!!

Gilmer 05-15-2014 05:42 PM

Wow, how cool!

Texas46 05-15-2014 06:25 PM

Hi Weasel. I'm here every evening just haven't posted much. I look forward to posting a weekend pic. It's a great idea!

Texas46 05-15-2014 06:28 PM

And.... I misread your question, apologies. It's been several years since I've been back, unfortunately. I have family in Houlton as well.

lablife 05-15-2014 06:47 PM

Oh lord you are asking for trouble, I'm working a part time job this weekend providing security for the Miami Hooter girls:c043:

Badger4 05-15-2014 06:54 PM

It's a family weekend for me running a color run 5k with my younger one, then celebrating her birthday. I'll try and post a pic of the cake.