Notices

Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Count me in for the weekend.

I agree with you Brain, I wish I had that workshop.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Some men see photos of hot scantily clad women and think, yeah, that's for me. I see non's photo of his workshop and think, yeah, that's for me.
Isn't that where Non looses all his fingers? . . . maybe they could compliment that Italian sausage recipe?!!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good time for a break. The local country station decided it was a good idea to play an hour of drinking songs to launch into the weekend. Knuckleheads. I should write them a letter. A high proportion of country songs talk about whiskey and beer, but I don't need a whole hour of it!

I ran my orbital and belt sanders for about 3 hours this morning and I can still feel my right hand vibrate even after stopping for 10 minutes. Do you suppose that's dangerous?

I think I have all the pieces shaped. Time to start assembling. Yay!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

In for a sober week-end. Traveling to Son's double header ball game tomorrow - Grandson time on Sunday. Just got a new camera & till take a pic through sober eyes & post here
Old 05-16-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

After my usual Friday night drinking binges, I would lay in bed all weekend, so sick and hungover that I would ponder going to the hospital.

These days, almost nine months later, my weekends are spent hiking and exploring the woodlands and abandoned mills along the river as an intrepid urban explorer..

(apologies in advance if these are too large, I couldn't get Tinypic to format them the right size).

Happy sober weekend everyone....
Old 05-16-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I'm in...will be working on the garden with my daughter. I am determined to make strawberry jam this year so we might tackle that too!

LBrain, I grew up going to Longwood Gardens and love it there. Have a great trip. I don't live nearby anymore, but someday want to go again.

NewGuy - love the urban exploring!

My best to everyone for a wonderful, sober weekend.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh I'm in Mr. Weasel now to think of a picture that I could post

Non your shop is beautiful and I'm glad the amputated digits thread was an analogy cause there were no blood pools

Happy weekend all
Old 05-16-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Double post
Old 05-16-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Love the pics thenewguy!

I'm in for the weekend. It will be my fourth!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Love the pictures, newguy!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I love the feeling of those pictures new guy! I grew up in jersy and there were abandone places I could go. Also the public works had all these cement tubes we ran around and hide in. We called them the tunnels. You know how long it's been since I thought of the tunnels? Wow.

Thanks for the inspiration!

I am liking this picture thread! Fun!

K
Old 05-16-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Alright, so I clocked off work at 5pm, I always now go for a walk in the fresh air after work, it's my new stress buster after a long day, rather than reaching for the bottle!!

So thought my fellow Sober Weekenders would enjoy some pics of what Ireland is truly famous for, this place is not to far away from where I live, it's great for a 30-60 min walk!!

Old 05-16-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

If that's a lake, I double dare you to jump in in your undies Purpleknight! LOL!

Looks like a very relaxing area!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Here's my pic contribution. Take a look at the top of the building that has the marquee. Apparently it was hot in Maine that day, amazing considering there was snow on the ground!

Old 05-16-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
If that's a lake, I double dare you to jump in in your undies Purpleknight! LOL!
In my undies?? . . . that's way too boring Pat . . . skinny dipping all the way!!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Checking in once again for the sober weekend! Finally moving away from the OTC sleep aids and I'm actually sleeping pretty well. I have a little two week lull at work, so I'm cooling out a bit. Been working on a batch of new songs and they're coming together pretty well. So amazing how productive and creative life can be when the 'fog' lifts.
Stay sober, friends.
-Malcolm
Old 05-16-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

New Guy I love your pictures. I really like industrial decay (for want of a better term) photos. Saw a bunch of it today and everyday. There is something haunting about it, especially on rainy days like we are having.

LadyBlue, your picture made me laugh. All these Mainiacs (my ex husband grew up in northern NH - his term) on the site. Beautiful state although I've only been through in passing and that was in the north west part. I was thinking about that and then saw a truck with Maine plates on it. Why do all the semis seem to have Maine plates? I see a lot of them. Must have something to do with vehicle taxes.

In the office and took forever to figure out how to send photos from my phone to my email to attach here. Photo project this weekend has excited me although I plan to start working on printing out stuff I already have done and organize my photos. So thanks.

And Non, I am disowning my son who told his father this morning that he doesn't like bacon anymore. How sad is that?
Old 05-16-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

This is a view from the platform at the train station on my way into the office this afternoon. The former Sears Tower (now Wilis Tower) is the black building in center - tallest US building. I like the colors and textures of the buildings.

Selfie outside Chicago Board of Trade which my train station is built into and behind.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Holy cow, those are huge! I picked the tiny pic option for forums and message boards. I think I will pick tinier tiny pics.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Chair 1 nearly complete. Like everything, assembly is taking longer than I expect. I still want to taper the front of the armrests so they curve back slightly toward the outer edge. Don't like the sharp angle I have currently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
shop_photo5.jpg (35.1 KB, 50 views)