Notices

Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am in. Making a pot of turkey black bean chili. And since we are on the topic of popcorn...my son tried popping some under my husband's supervision and neither of them thought to put oil in the pan. Does anyone know any tricks for getting blackened popcorn gunk out of the pan? It is usable but just yucky looking. I've tried 3m scrubs, chore boys with soap. It isn't coming off.

I'm in on the pics. I think that's a fantastic idea. I'd like to see what other people see. I'm going to head off to bed soon. I will see those pics in the morning.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all ,
friday morning here in blighty . 8 weeks in my new job and my boss is stunned , says employing me was the best decision he's made in a long, long, time

Make sobriety your pad stone and who is to say how far you'll be able to go in this life .

Sometimes in life we have to take "a leap of faith" and hope that life is there to support us .

Giving up seemed, before it happened, like my biggest loss imaginable, but after a while trusting to blind faith in those with long term sobriety i gained a life worth living .

There are up's and downs , you might have to really fight for it , you might get floored by it once in a while , get up and get with it ,

A glorious life is waiting for you and for me , lets get on our sober bikes and ride towards our golden future no-one gets left behind , we're all in this together .

*ring ring*

m
Old 05-15-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm in baby!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Alive, Sober and present for another Sober Weekend!!

Living in the moment sounds like a good plan to me, I wasted too many days wishing the days away, wanting a hangover to subside or enough time to pass so the regrets of my actions when drinking would fade into the past, or even looking forward to when I could drink again, months and years not lived in the moment but wasted!! . . . but not anymore!!

Currently though looking at a large cup of coffee and a stack of stuff to do here at work, so I'll wait till I get home this evening before I post a pic, a double espresso isn't all that inspiring!! . . . I'll be buzzing in an hour or so!!

Not much happening this weekend, back into work tomorrow morning for a half day and then some time to relax.

Let's do this Sober Weekenders!!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning weeeeeeekenders!

I have a big project at work of which I am responsible for. 18 months ago I could not get up from my desk because I would stagger and not be able to function. Mecanix remembers... And today in the last 6 months I have never missed a moment of work due to my addictions. In fact I am at the top of my field and game at a world class company. Who the heck is this guy I say? Lol

So off to work extra early to get some quiet time before the others. An energy drink and a sausage biscuit ... Hmmm... And I wonder why I cannot lose weight?

Pictures to be coming as I spend the weekend... A sober one to share visually!

K
Old 05-16-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by lablife View Post
Oh lord you are asking for trouble, I'm working a part time job this weekend providing security for the Miami Hooter girls

The shop at 5a.m. My new toy (spindle sander) to the far left of the right bench (next to my coffee!). Really helps with those curved pieces. Only took me 2 weeks of not buying booze to pay for it.

Time for some sawdust therapy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
shop_photo2.jpg (42.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-16-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Making popcorn in my Dutch over... Olive oil... Sea salt and cracked pepper... I add the seasoning before it pops and it blends nice. Now for a few breaking bad episodes!

Night!

K
Did I hear POPCORN! Okay I am so going to try that with the sea salt and cracked pepper just to say I have tried it.

Yes I can picture me eating popcorn and having a sober weekend .
Old 05-16-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Weasel, I am an original Mainer as well! Grew up in Portland and Saco. Still have family/friends there!
I am looking forward to a sober, busy weekend at work, and dinner with my roomate. I am going to indulge on a great meal and dessert! No drinks for me
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I can picture you too ladyBC making. Big bowl of popcorn!

Welcome NYCfg!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have a new bread machine! Will be trying to make some hot fresh bread, no preservatives...bring the butter and jam, sausages too.....then we can run it off.
( hamilton beach bread maker is on sale).
Old 05-16-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Gardening, gardening, and more gardening. I tolerate the winter for spring planting. Lots of work but so satisfying
Old 05-16-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I will start us off... Early if you don't mind!

I took this of Portland harbor.... What you cannot see is that just a short few steps away was where I drank day and night. I saw this harbor drunk more than sober. But I had a steady hand the day I took this. I had was able to see out of my sober eyes! Picture that!

I'm in for the weekend! Hmmmmmmm, J's Oyster? Oddly enough I just posted something about The Old Port. Right there with you on all of this my friend

Being sober rocks
Old 05-16-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone. Today is work. It is a blessing to wake up and realize that I will not have a hang over in the morning. I can go to work and not worry that I will smell of alcohol. I don't take these for granted but I am so used to not feeling ill in the morning now that I don't notice anymore. It just "is". Thanks for reminding me to not take sobriety for granted and to savor it.

Full moon so hopefully it isn't as crazy at work today as it was yesterday. Not the tasks themselves but the people were a little nuts.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey ladyB... That picture was a pier over from J's... And I always drank at one of the three gates of hell! Some rough bars.

Going to be raining here all weekend! Starting to make my indoor plans.

Ms. Fandy.... A bread maker? I can get one and just store it with my electric wok which sits next to my food processor which sits next to panini maker.... HEY that's it! Making panini's this weekend! ( spell check did not want to cooperate on spelling panini's and went for a very different word.... I didn't think that would be in spell check! Lol)
Old 05-16-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Some men see photos of hot scantily clad women and think, yeah, that's for me. I see non's photo of his workshop and think, yeah, that's for me.

However, lablife I'm looking for work. So if they need another 'security" person let me know.

I was going to take the wife to Longwood Gardens this weekend - could have come up with a nice pic. But it is RAINING AGAIN. It should clear up but who knows. Fortunately I cut the grass yesterday. Yesterday we picked up flowers - I'm in charge of the ground, she's in charge of pots and baskets. It usually an all out war battling over garden space. . I like a more formal look, she likes the if it will grow, throw it in the next available space look. Enjoy weekend all! SOBER!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ruby - sandblasting is what works.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I need to run out to get more sanding belts. (an implied admission that my sawing skills need improvement!)

Picturing lunch at Fandy's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
shop_photo3.jpg (47.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 05-16-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

LBrain, I love Longwood Gardens! i used to drive by it every day when I lived in Unionville and drove up Rt. 1--loved to drive by at night and see the Christmas trees lit up. I grew up in West Chester. Now I live three hours away, in Northern VA.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I will upload a picture as soon as I'm free from work. I need this thread as it's been a bad week and my AV is calling out it being Friday.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

We got ya Tang!