Notices

Picture this! Weekender thread May 16 -18!

Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Aaaaw Ruby...that' a sad moment in your day.

Reminds me of a story when I was a kid. My mom was driving the station wagon full of my brothers and me...just goofing around and then we started laughing at the drunk man with his shirt open and pants unzipped, bumbling, walking on the grass strip next to the road.

My mom yelled "Stop!...everybody is somebody's child. This could be your uncle or...(listing off people we love)."

I'll never forget that moment. And I never laughed at anyone's child ever again.

And here I am ...somebody's child.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

No, it wasn't a laughing moment. I sent the earlier post from my phone but now have a computer. It was sad because I was sitting there at the ball field right after, finding glory in the beautiful day and thinkg "what hell we put ourselves through."
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

LeThe Verte -- dig it!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Decided to try to get out of my own way today. Went to my parents house this morning for breakfast, learned a new crochet pattern, went and bought yarn, took dog for a million walks, visited with a friend and their new baby, ate ice cream for lunch, and now I'm home soon to start my crochet project. Simple day but big for me at times to just get out of my way and my head
Old 05-18-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Had a great weekend overall. Still a bit lonly but the picture thing kept me on my toes to look for something to share. Kept my mind on you all and hoping you were sober.

Gonna watch tv now for the rest of my time. Then off to work early!

Thanks for keeping me sober this weekend.

K
Old 05-18-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Been a pleasure as always Ken!!

Doing the same, watching some TV, flicking channels now the Ice Hockey is over, probably hit the hay soon, work comes early in the morning for me as always on a Monday!!

Hope we all made it Weekenders, if not tomorrow we all get another TODAY, 1 day at a time, the small battles will win the war!!

Old 05-18-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

have a good week all you across the pond. It's still sunny here in the land of the ( ).
Insert your favorite word for us yanks.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

The land of . . . driving on the "wrong" side of the road, the birth place of the blues and the country to blame for Miley Cyrus!!

You know those therapy course exercises, where you have to say 2 negative and 1 positive thing?!

I'll leave you to figure out the positive!!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Ok.... I'll take the hit for Miley but we are on the correct side of the road!!!

At least we don't have beiber!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good evening all. Been happily putting together chairs again today. Still not done, but getting close. I am staining/waterproofing them now, so it is taking quite a bit longer. Not my favorite part of the job, but necessary.

My back is a wreck.

Glad everyone is having a good sober weekend. Mrs Non is cooking something that smells delicious. Looking forward to that and then Game of Thrones tonight!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Weasel? Where did Beiber go? Was he adopted by another country?

DUH! He's from Canada. Nevermind. They all start to morph into one...
Old 05-18-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks for the weekend everyone. I kept looking around for simply wonderful things to share but no oceans by me. Just the everyday but that is just fine. I am at my parents. I left the kids earlier and went to the garden supply place and grocery shopping. I've been itching to garden and plant my pots but just haven't gotten into what I've seen and honestly, was very disappointed. I look at what's available for inspiration and usually pick a color theme. I'm not feeling it yet. Here is what I did buy along with a pot that is hidden behind. Basil, thyme and a cork screw type grass. I'm going to put it with some begonias I got last week. I like the impatiens that look like roses but I have to buy plants that can take direct sun all day. Having a rough weekend just because I'm overwhelmed and feel,like I've gotten nothing done. The house is a sty. The yard is a sty. And I'm driving kids to every activity under the sun. The garden store did not provide my zen today.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Old 05-18-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Okay, so now I didn't even do that right. I want to go to bed. I'm not going to drink over it but just down.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Feel better ruby! Good luck with the plants! I love growing herbs but I don't use them fast enough and they tend to get overgrown.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!
Well, that weekend went by fast. Seems that I got a lot accomplished, but still feeling like I missed something. Oh well, only five more days until we can do it again!
Awesome thread, Weasel. Love the picture idea! I loved seeing everyone's weekend.
I hope everyone has a fine Sunday night and a good week coming.