Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good

Old 03-28-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys! I definitely have my "action plan" ready as to avoid succumbing to temptation which makes me feel much more confident going into the situation! I even got tested a bit tonight as someone who I usually go in halfway with buying pot offered to split some with me and although I was tempted, I simply said that I was broke from just paying all my bills (not even a lie haha)....knowing it was a possibility to get it was rough but I took a warm bath and magically it cured the desire! It's such a cool learning process for me to see how I can refrain from doing the things I'm so used to doing. Thanks again! I'm really appreciative of these forums and the sense of community
Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Great job, MrsBee!!

Day 52
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

yes, fabulous job in resisting the temptation, MrsBee ! And good luck today with your family due. Have you worked out in your mind how you're going to meet those temptations today? If it gets too much, just excuse yourself for a few minutes and go for a short, brisk walk. It'll give you time to regain strength and focus. Let us know how you make out - we know you can do it ! Now it's your turn to answer the question : Can I do it ? Go For Victory ! Love yourself more than your old patterns !
Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Only eight more days to TWO months, Brazilian !!! You'll an inspiration to so many - keep it up, bud ! ps. had a great day yesterday and grateful for another clean day. I'm finding it rather easier this time because I'm SO damn determined to get this useless habit out of my life and fully regain my Life ! Even spoke with my pot dealer yesterday and he asked if I wanted some. I said NO, thanks - I'm taking a break. He asked Why and I said just because I felt it was good for me to do. Didn't want to get into No, Thanks, I'm NEVER going to touch that crap again ! Don't need to go into big explanations, especially with active users. Felt good to let him know and actually felt completely easy to walk away. Well, here's to another clean, healthy day ! I'm going to treat myself to a couple of new movies and Chinese food tonight - yummy yummy, can't wait !
Old 03-29-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes, almost 2 months! Not bad!!

Congratulations on getting rid of your dealer, HC!!

Keep it going... soon days will turn to months and years...
Old 03-29-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I made it through again today without a hitch!!! My brother actually needed a haircut (and I cut hair) so when people started bugging me about not partaking I was like " okay time to leave and cut your hair!!!" Haha then went straight to meet my husband, who is also newly sober, after he got home from work. @happycampers I know you can make it/do it too!!!! If I can, anyone can! I've relied on these substances daily for close to 15 years! @brazilian amazing job and progress!!!!! We are all superstars!!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Awesome job MrsBee!!

Day 53
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
Thanks everyone! I made it through again today without a hitch!!! My brother actually needed a haircut (and I cut hair) so when people started bugging me about not partaking I was like " okay time to leave and cut your hair!!!" Haha then went straight to meet my husband, who is also newly sober, after he got home from work. @happycampers I know you can make it/do it too!!!! If I can, anyone can! I've relied on these substances daily for close to 15 years! @brazilian amazing job and progress!!!!! We are all superstars!!!!!
Well done mrsbee, very proud of you and husband and the best part of that is you can help each other through this which must make it so much easier generally. You are doing great.
All the best. Stuart.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 54
Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
Omg awesome job!!!! I quit weed and alcohol myself only 11 days ago and it's been easier than I thought In general....however today has been tough for me for some reason. Reading this thread has already really helped, just seeing that others have done the same and are succeeding is more encouraging than anything. I think I'm getting anxious because tomorrow I have a family event and some of my close family members will no doubt be partaking in both. I have a sober obligation later in the day which will hopefully keep me on the right track....I guess I'm just freaking out a bit because this is like my first real test....thus far I've just been keeping to myself, hanging out exclusively at home and the library. Hopefully I can stay strong!!!!
Go for it Mrs. Bee. Being sober is the best! I really love waking up in the morning and feeling good instead of feeling miserable!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree - waking up feeling refreshed and alive has to be one of the BEST benefits of a clean life !!! I just LOVE it !
Old 04-01-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 55
Old 04-01-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

awesome job, Brazilian ! Two months this week - wow - that's got to feel great !!!
Things are good here - building my morning routine , waking up refreshed, staying to myself ( don't need to be around the wrong people right now). Feeling pretty darn good and I am truly grateful for that ! Hope you're life is filling out in small, but beautiful ways , Brazilian !
Old 04-01-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Awesome job too, HC!!

Yes my friend, on April 6th it will be 2 months

Soon you'll be completing 2 months too, just keep steady.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

damn right - I'm going to keep stacking these cleans days til I reach Heaven - ha!ha!ha!
Good to hear from you, bud! Let me know how you're going to treat yourself to something nice for your two month mark - YOU deserve it !!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

To be honest, I don't plan to do nothing special... just keep going.

Day 56
Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 57.

8 weeks done. 2 months on Sunday.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Brazilian

D
Old 04-03-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

yes, way to go, Brazilian ! I'm so proud of you ! How are you feeling overall ?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Day 57.

8 weeks done. 2 months on Sunday.
Brilliant, you should be very proud of yourself. Well done.