# 46 (permalink)  

Thanks, D

Day 51
Old 03-28-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
I'm on week 6 without weed or alcohol.

Still counting days and weeks, but soon will be counting months and years.

I'm feeling great about the "never again" idea. In fact, I think it's the only real way to deal with it.

Who's with me
6 weeks is awesome well done, and the best thing in your post is you are content with the choice, the battle is so much easier when you are mentally strong. Well done again Brazilian.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you very much, Stoogy!

7 weeks completed now!

Next week I will complete 2 months

Soon it will be 2 years, just have to keep going
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Thank you very much, Stoogy!

7 weeks completed now!

Next week I will complete 2 months

Soon it will be 2 years, just have to keep going
That's brilliant my friend, love your mindset too. I'm at 4 months next week and loving it to be honest. In a weird way the hard first few weeks is what we all need I think and it is because of that I will never go back to drinking, if it was easy in the early stages it would be too tempting to hit that beer again. Well done you are an inspiration to us all.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

THANKS, HC!! I'm feeling great, my mood is way better now. No cravings, no depression. I'm relieved, starting to have some peace of mind again. I read about the fruit, it's really interesting. Well, I will complete 2 months on 04/06/2014... don't have any special plans but maybe you are right, I could go to the beach or something, to celebrate this new fase of my life.

What about you, how are you doing? How many days?

Rough days will never be over I guess, the difference is that we can stand them without destroying ourselves. It's all about taking better care of ourselves, self love, self respect. But life is still hard, no doubt!
That is awesome Brazilian. I'm still doing well too. Coming up on two months pretty soon (April 10)! You're still ahead of me though, and hopefully we will always just be four days apart.

I also want to agree with you that "Never Again" is the way to go.

HC, great job for you as well. Hang in there!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

great to see everyone doing SO well ! It's SO great to be able to come here and hear from everyone and support each other. I'm still in the early days of grinding out the first tough few weeks , but I'm committed. I eliminated a very unhealthy relationship this past weekend which will help me in my new Life. I can't help anyone else - I can only save me and I spent WAY too much time trying to save someone else from their demons to my own determent. But I made a clear choice to cut the ties and focus on my own road. Yesterday, I felt like hell. Today, after nine hours sleep, I feel really good , both mentally, and physically. Started back on an energy-building program this morning. It is SO awesome to hear how well everyone is doing - VERY inspiring! Thank you all for your Presence here !
Old 03-28-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Seven Weeks, Brazilian !!!! Killer Job, man - an inspiration for us all! So, how are you going to treat yourself for the big TWO Month - buy something nice for yourself ? You definitely deserve it !!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Stoogy. I'm loving it too. Having some dificulties, but relapsing is not an option. I like to think I'm in a healing process.

StraightAhead, great to "see" you!! Awesome!! Hope we stay four days apart FOREVER!

Happycampers, great call on kicking out the negative dude. Nowadays I have "no mercy" on people that drags me down, just kick them out of my life and that's it.

About 2 months celebration, I'd like to travel, see the nature, but I'm still healing... as soon as I get my health back I will ride a horse or go to the beach or something

Thanks everybody for the positive words and vibes
Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I watched a very nice documentary about therapeutic nutrition, I'd like to share with you: "FOOD MATTERS".
Old 03-28-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Stoogy. I'm loving it too. Having some dificulties, but relapsing is not an option. I like to think I'm in a healing process.

StraightAhead, great to "see" you!! Awesome!! Hope we stay four days apart FOREVER!

Happycampers, great call on kicking out the negative dude. Nowadays I have "no mercy" on people that drags me down, just kick them out of my life and that's it.

About 2 months celebration, I'd like to travel, see the nature, but I'm still healing... as soon as I get my health back I will ride a horse or go to the beach or something

Thanks everybody for the positive words and vibes
Hey Brazilian,

You are defo in the healing process no doubts about that, so how do you feel generally? Aches or pains or just generally tired etc

So happy for you buddy. Stuart.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm feeling OK, I was sick - unrelated to recovery - but now I'm almost 100%.

Sickness is a very good (and tough) teacher, I learned quite a bit in the past couple months
Old 03-28-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

I'm feeling OK, I was sick - unrelated to recovery - but now I'm almost 100%.

Sickness is a very good (and tough) teacher, I learned quite a bit in the past couple months

Hi, just glad you are on the mend, onwards and upwards buddy.
Stuart.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Omg awesome job!!!! I quit weed and alcohol myself only 11 days ago and it's been easier than I thought In general....however today has been tough for me for some reason. Reading this thread has already really helped, just seeing that others have done the same and are succeeding is more encouraging than anything. I think I'm getting anxious because tomorrow I have a family event and some of my close family members will no doubt be partaking in both. I have a sober obligation later in the day which will hopefully keep me on the right track....I guess I'm just freaking out a bit because this is like my first real test....thus far I've just been keeping to myself, hanging out exclusively at home and the library. Hopefully I can stay strong!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Yes you can! Stay strong!!

Part of my success is due to not testing myself too hard. Know your limits
Old 03-28-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR MrsBee

If tomorrow is something you really can't get out of at least think about the likely temptations that may come your way, and ways to deal with them... what to say if you're offered a drink or a smoke, how to deal if a part of you really wants to cave in....

D