Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good

Old 03-20-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

AWESOME JOB, Brazilian !!! Man, almost TWO Months already ! How are you feeling? Yesterday was rough for me, but I made it through to another good sleep, so this morning feels a bit better already. Man, you're doing great ! Did you have chance to read up on that fruit I mentioned to you? You should do something special for yourself on the Two Month day- how could you treat yourself ?
Old 03-20-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

THANKS, HC!! I'm feeling great, my mood is way better now. No cravings, no depression. I'm relieved, starting to have some peace of mind again. I read about the fruit, it's really interesting. Well, I will complete 2 months on 04/06/2014... don't have any special plans but maybe you are right, I could go to the beach or something, to celebrate this new fase of my life.

What about you, how are you doing? How many days?

Rough days will never be over I guess, the difference is that we can stand them without destroying ourselves. It's all about taking better care of ourselves, self love, self respect. But life is still hard, no doubt!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ya, you should take yourself somewhere nice or pack a picnic basket and go to the beach - something ! Or buy yourself something to wear and remind you of your great progress and your new lifestyle.
Well, over the last two weeks, I had a couple of puffs twice, so I'm not really sure what to consider my "quit date". I slipped last weekend and had a couple of puffs, so I guess a re-start Monday. I'm not going to get all stressed about my slip or I'll turn it into a full blown relapse and disappear into that crap again for who knows how long only to get to a point where I hate myself and I hate my life and want to quit again. No, I'm moving right along, One day at a time, focused on banging out the clean days. I don't have an issue with alcohol, but I'm going to avoid that too for at least a couple/few months. I can take it or leave it and I usually never have more than two beer. My focus is to kill the weed Devil in me - that;s my weakness. For me , I need to realize that first few puffs which feel so good ONLY lead to the hundreds of puffs afterwards that feel like **** !! So, no romanitizing those first puffs. Just clearly reminding myself that if I don't take the first ones , I won't have to smoke all the ****** ones afterwards that just make me dull and flat and lifeless.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's all about the triggers... you already know you don't want this life anymore... just have to know your triggers and avoid them, one day at a time... keep steady, HC, you can do it!! If you need anything, I'm here ok.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So happy to hear you're feeling good and the depression is lifting. Yes, depression is what I was feeling yesterday, but by the time I was going to bed, it was lifting. As far as triggers, well some in my life I can't get away from so I just have to figure a way to work with them. I'm NOT going back. I am turning 52 in Oct. and I want to make the remaining years count - mean something more than a life of stoned-out nights. I've things to do, places to go and people to see - ha!ha!ha! I'm here for you anytime too, Brazilian. Anytime! Thanks a lot for your friendship
Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes, depression is gone, as expected. It's impressive how fast the body/ mind can heal, as long as we do our part. Reading inspiring spiritual books can help too.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am a BIG Eckhart Tolle fan ! I met him years before he got "famous" - when he was still delivering his books to bookstores in brown paper bags(the power of Now) . I also went to a number of night sessions with him - again, before he was "famous". I have always had this pull to spirituality . I have been to retreats with Depaak Chopra and Byron Katie. I notice when I fall "into the hole", the last thing I want to hear are those guys - ha!ha!ha! It's also probably the MAIN reason for me quitting. I want to grow spiritually and smoking pot is like doing the opposite. It's the battle between knowing AND REMAINING connected to the "deeper self" and ignoring the habitual mental patterns that are not part of that. I have have a monthly subscription to ET TV and I love it. When I'm doing the right thing, I usually do the Five Tibetans and then have a infared sauna and listen to Eckhart's teachings. I did not smoke everyday - it depended on the stress level, which thankfully has calmed down quite a bit. My plate was heavily loaded the last eight years. Enough rattling on for now - just thought I'd share with you, Brazilian
Old 03-20-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That's awesome.

I personally try not to think things in terms of "never again". I think more along the lines of "not for today." And that's been working out pretty well for me for the past 480 days.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Nice!! Awesome! Congratulations for 480 days!

Old 03-20-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

For me never again works best, it's just easier for me, I say "I don't drink, I don't smoke" inside my mind, and that's it.

Case closed.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 44

nice and easy
Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Brazilian, I am definitely in for this. I quit alcohol in January. While I'd never been seriously hooked on other substances, had done a great deal of experimentation with drugs, mainly psychedelics. Trying to live in reality now...

The "forever" idea seems to also be working for me better than "one day at a time" in regards to my sobriety, and I recognize it as highly personal - we just need to find the best approach as individuals. I like this also because I feel this is the first real serious commitment in my life. I've had life long issues with commitment... It's encouraging that now I think this way and it's making positive changes in my life.

Good luck and keep going
Old 03-21-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Heannie!!

Contragulations on quitting alcohol!!! Great decision!!

Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot
Old 03-21-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just a few weeks ago, Friday nights were so hard.

Not anymore nice and easy here
Old 03-22-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 45
Old 03-22-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Today I realized some awesome benefits of sobriety.

I woke up and went out to fix my wife's car, without any effort. In the past, if I had weed at home, I would just wake up and smoke. Then would be useless for all day long, just eating a lot, drinking beers and playing videogames. My wife's car would have to wait until next week.

Instead of that, I did something useful, helped my wife, she was pleased. After fixing the car, I went to the market to buy some groceries. In the past I would buy 3-4 heineken, peanuts, doritos. Instead of that I bought healthy food.

Sobriety is blessing.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 46

Not that anyone cares lol
Old 03-23-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nice work Brazilian
Old 03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us care Brazilian - congrats