Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good

Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys!!

HC, I'm feeling good... less anxious, no depression, glad to be taking better care of myself how about you?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Thanks, guys!!

HC, I'm feeling good... less anxious, no depression, glad to be taking better care of myself how about you?

Hi Brazilian,

I'm doing well I must be honest, month 1 kinda sucked and ticked all the boxes
1-shakes
2-insomnia
3-lack of appetite
4-night sweats and chills
5- headaches
6-fatigue- bed for 9pm but cannot sleep

Month 2
1-cravings picked up
2-insomnia
3-still some night sweats
4-tiredness at certain points of the day hits hard
5-fatigue

Month 3
1-appetite back to normal for me anyway
2-occasional migraines
3- fatigue lifting a bit

Now in month 4- last drink December 8th 2013
Feeling like my old self, although still get tired if I miss any meals but generally feeling pretty good. Still not sleeping too great but I think I always slept heavy due to alcohol.

That's my run in so far! How about you guys?
All the best
Stuart.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I must say, I'm feeling really great ! I actually can't believe HOW good I feel ! I've hardly had any cravings and when they do come, I quickly remember all the positive things I'm already experiencing ( like having a giant size grin on my face while laying bed , seeing and feeling the simple beauty all around me, etc) and all the great things to come. I feel like I'm finally on the road I've been wanting to and meant to be on for years ! I'm excited about how things may unfold. I feel far more stable emotionally, feel more deeply connected, and I've been really disciplined at building my morning "power hour " - five tibitans, breathe work, a moment or two of setting my day's intention which right now is for another clean and healthy day. I'm reading a BRILLIANT book now, just about finished - you've got to check out the reviews Brazilian ! Go to Amazon and check out The Willpower Instinct ! I have stayed to myself. I don't really have any sober friends, but that's OK. I'm very OK in my aloneness and always have been. Plus, I will be out more soon, so that'll work itself out. I still have to tell my dear friend he can't come see me anymore. We've had a deeper relationship going back nine years, but I've tried to keep it friends for some time as he is a major drinker and I usually slip when I let him back into my life. He's got money right now and has been on an two week drunk , but once his money runs out, I KNOW he'll be at my door again and then I will to confront him with staying away permanently. I'll cross that bridge when it comes, but I know I have to eliminate him from my life if I am to remain on The PATH. But overall, Bralian, I'm feeling really great !!! Thanks for asking
Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Great to hear you are feeling great, my friend
Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Checking in to say hi. I'm doing great. Well aside from some lingering brain fog/weirdness. But who cares about that totally minor symptom in the grand scheme of things. Glad to hear you guys are also doing great. Proud of us. Yay!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

HC, I'm proud of you. Great decision on talking seriously with your friend. I did that too. I'm so happy for you that you are excited and comitted. I took a look on the book you told me in Amazon... some interesting reviews. I'm curious about it. Is really that great? Big hug!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Congratulations WB! Let's stay strong and keep going!

Stoogy, you are an inspiration to us all. What you have gone through... not easy at all. Congratulations on your courage and strenght.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 58
Old 04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Day 58

Day 58 eh? You are doing incredibly well my friend. Congrats.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good for you- glad to see that you are still making progress.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey, Brazilian - 58 days; congrats.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thank you all very much
Old 04-04-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Happycampers (and Brazilian). I bought that book today and am excited to start reading it. It wasn't expensive and maybe it will help.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Awesome - can't wait to hear what you think of it ! I love it and will be reading it again! It's SO great to have all my sober friends here - I deeply appreciate you all !
Old 04-05-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 59
Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I friend called today. Asked me if I wanted to take some tokes and drink some heineken. Instantly I said "I quit". But it messed me up a little. I craved a bit. I'm feeling awkward right now. But ok. Anyway, I passed the test, I guess.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

I friend called today. Asked me if I wanted to take some tokes and drink some heineken. Instantly I said "I quit". But it messed me up a little. I craved a bit. I'm feeling awkward right now. But ok. Anyway, I passed the test, I guess.

It can happen can't it when someone offers you a drink etc, it's almost an automatic "yes" but then you realise and reject which makes us feel a bit weird, well done, another small victory on your way to a major triumph.
Keep if going, proud of you Brazillian.
Stuart.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Yeah, I don't crave it usually but my bf said yesterday that someone offered him some tokes and some weed to take home as a payment for his help. He said no thanks (good for him) but telling me about it brought the thoughts back into my life, I was uncomfortable. It passed.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Wow - the universe must be testing us all at the same time ! I was out for breakfast this morning with a business associate and went by two places on our walk to see his building where it just reeked of pot - it definitely set alarms off for me ! It's been awhile since I've smelt that and BING, my brain was screaming, wow , that smells great ! I had to walk it off and am still having it float around in my head. Pot is SO easy for me to find around me and money is no issue, so I've really had to work today to NOT ACT on those thoughts/feelings. Ironic that we all were sent tests in the last day - stay strong, my friends, we'll make it through. Back to self isolation again where it's safe. Movie time (distraction)!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang tough guys - remember why you're doing this

D