Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good

Old 04-05-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Hi Brazilian, I'm doing well I must be honest, month 1 kinda sucked and ticked all the boxes 1-shakes 2-insomnia 3-lack of appetite 4-night sweats and chills 5- headaches 6-fatigue- bed for 9pm but cannot sleep Month 2 1-cravings picked up 2-insomnia 3-still some night sweats 4-tiredness at certain points of the day hits hard 5-fatigue Month 3 1-appetite back to normal for me anyway 2-occasional migraines 3- fatigue lifting a bit Now in month 4- last drink December 8th 2013 Feeling like my old self, although still get tired if I miss any meals but generally feeling pretty good. Still not sleeping too great but I think I always slept heavy due to alcohol. That's my run in so far! How about you guys? All the best Stuart.
My last drink was 12/13/13 ago we are really on the similar dates. My daughters 4th birthday was on the 15th and I decided then to make a go of being sober. I haven't had insomnia but I do catch myself stopping to think a bit more deeply and getting myself scared about all the what if's. The anxiety doesn't last long and typically I am having really good days. The cycles seems to be less frequent and less intense. I really can't even express how much I am enjoying being sober. I do catch myself missing beer and the way it helped me loosen up. Mostly because I have always been wound kinda tight. I breathe through it but I would love some pointers from others about how to help cope with these feelings.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Boat daddy are you a sailor? Beautiful, breezy days like today make me truly miss our cruiser...
Old 04-06-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Day 60

2 months
Old 04-06-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Alright , Brazilian - GOOD for YOU ,bud !!! That has me so happy - I'm really proud of you ! Great to see we both made it through our close drive-by with temptation yesterday ! Life will only get better, one day at a time ! I'm really focused on seeing the benefits of this sober lifestyle and it's working. LOVE my sober life ! Then I send my brain off to find reasons to back that up ! There's lots if you're looking for them ! Got a short case of the blues yesterday after the temptation, not so much about the pot, but realizing I had no friends that are clean and safe to be with. But I am trying to get out now each day to at least talk with someone who doesn't have an addiction problem. Yesterday was a business partner I have in a venture and in an hour I'm going for breakie with my uncle, who doesn't indulge. The feelings pasted, but I realize I need to force myself to establish new sober bonds so I'm not totally isolated. I work alone all day (self-employed).
Anyways, that's where I'm at today , but today IS your day ! You Rock !!! I still think you deserve to treat yourself in some way , even it's just to buy yourself a yummy sundae or something - TWO Months is AWESOME ! I'm really happy and proud of you, Brazilian ! Enjoy today - savior your growth !
Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Day 60

2 months
Hey Brazilian, my man well done!!! 2 full months is fab.. So proud of your achievement and I hope you are feeling great today simply for the fact you should be with this Milestone. Congrats 👏👏👏👏
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Brazillian

Is it getting easier for you now?

D
Old 04-06-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement.

Yes Dee, I'm socially isolated, so it's pretty easy.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Brazilian you are racking up the time. Way to go. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

hey bud, congrats. i finally made it to day 5 without weed...ugh so many attempts to finally get here..wish me luck.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

they say that 50% of the shelf-life of weed is out of your system by the 12th day , so you're half way there - keep going ! Five days is great and you'll start to feel a bit better each day. Great job!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5, krete!! The early days are hard. For me, the worse days were between 5 and 7. So stay strong! In a few days you'll begin to feel better and it will be easier.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Day 61
Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Day 61

How are you feeling lately? 61 days is awesome.👍
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

You're such an inspiration, brazilian! Keep it up and continue keeping us posted!!!

Krete77, five days is AWESOME! I definitely can relate, I just started day 8 myself....it would have been three weeks today, but I had one day where I slipped up....it's tough, especially at first, but keep coming onto these forums...it's really helped me and a bunch of other posters! The biggest thing to remember is that anything other than what you were doing before is a HUGE accomplishment! I beat myself up a bit for my slip, but when I think about the fact that I went from all day, every day use to one time in a 21 day time frame, I put it into a whole new perspective

5 days will soon turn into one week, one week into two, and so on...you can do it!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

hey, Bunny where are you ? We miss you and need you here with us ! You're a wonderful part of our team here ! Come back, No Matter What !
Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
How are you feeling lately? 61 days is awesome.��

Hi, Stoogy. I'm feeling pretty fine. Less anxious than ever. I even quit bitting my nails. How about you, friend?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hi, Stoogy. I'm feeling pretty fine. Less anxious than ever. I even quit bitting my nails. How about you, friend?
Yeh, I'm good thanks for asking, just taking every day as a blessing and staying focused on the job at hand. Sleeping good now, still a bit fatigued at certain points of the day especially if I'm hungry or missed a meal, you see I was never a breakfast, lunch and dinner kind of person i could easily get by on one meal a day (probably due to alcohol) but now if I don't have my cereal in the morning or snacks I get fatigued pretty easily.
But feeling good generally. Keep it up buddy you are doing fab.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Stoogy, I'm glad you are taking good care of yourself, eating and sleeping better. You can be sure you are adding up years of life by doing these actions. Keep up the great work
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Stoogy, I'm glad you are taking good care of yourself, eating and sleeping better. You can be sure you are adding up years of life by doing these actions. Keep up the great work
You too buddy, we are well on track. I enjoy your posts.
Take care.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Hop hop, I'm here Happycampers. Thanks for thinking of me. Man, days are just stacking up with no effort for me. So long as I stay away from it, I don't crave it or even think about it much. Today I ran into one of our smoking friends and told him that we quit and he was like "ah, that's why I haven't seen you". I felt a bit bad but it was true so what to say? Even seeing him made me crave it a bit though. Avoid avoid. Now on day... let me count... 37! Feeling good. Only issue now suffer from is what I think is PAWS. About every week a couple days are real stupid days, brain all muddled. But it's getting better slowly. Not bad for stopping 22 years daily use. Nice to not be coughing. Nice to be able to visit or answer phone any time. Having less anxiety is still biggest benefit ever!

So glad to hear of everyone's success! Really positive. Well done all! Early days are HARD but looking back, I can't believe I let them stop me quitting for so long, wow.