Notices

Been drinking

Old 03-25-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I finally managed to make myself go to the local shop. Looked at the bottles and just caught myself in time as my hand was reaching out to take one.

Somehow I am feeling a little bit pleased with myself, although when I got home I very nearly turned back to get one after all, but I didn't.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats, you are becoming stronger and stronger and to add to that very pleased with yourself. This is all you ask for one day at a time and then when you rest your weary head on that pillow you know you have won that days battle. Yeah!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Great job, Complexiti. Is there anything you can do to take your mind off when you start thinking of going to the shop and a drink? Something more active than just reading stuff?
Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sorry for jumping in late. I hope you are doing a bit better. Yes this stuff doesn't care if we live or die. Well let me tell you, your life a worth a lot more that the bottle. It will only keep emptying itself, but you on the other hand can fill your life permanently with joy and happiness.

You can kick this thing to the curb, I believe in you! Make a plan, do the work, reach for support and just don't pickup that first glass of poison.

Keep posting, PM me if you need help. We are all behind you against this beast.!

Lift your chin way up and walk proud!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I had to go to the shop as I needed vegetables, salad, fruit and other basics. I didn't even connect the shop with drinking until I saw the rows of bottles and I guess it was an automatic reaction to start to reach out and take one off the shelf.

But I stopped myself, bought what I went for and came home. So nearly turned round though to go back and get a bottle but I don't want to go back to how I have been for so many years now. I want to stay as I am at the moment, and that is clear-headed.

I am not going to count the number of days I have not been drinking - because it is just one day at a time. I don't want to think back and I don't want to think forward. I just want to think of today - each day as being today. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, just today.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Extremely well done! That's the spirit, counting will stress you needlessly. Baby steps works best.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Great job today Complexiti--like Thepatman says, that's how the battle is won,
one step at a time.

Keep posting and sleep well
Old 03-25-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Awesome, Complexity...Great News !!!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Complexiti, you can do it x
Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

I would do what 2much suggested by going to an er coz this sounds something that will happen again. Go through safe withdrawals & choose to never go back by listening to spkr mtgs on u tube, posting on here & reading aa lit since dont have aa mtgs near as mentioned.
We're here for you
Old 03-26-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

You are heading in the right direction. Your thought process is for today and so it should be. Well done in making it home with all the good stuff. Feed the body and soul not only with food but all the great things you have accomplished and will accomplish.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Complexiti,

Buying healthy foods. I should be so disciplined, although I am picking up salads lately, drinking orange juice. Unfortunately, along with the salad and orange juice, I also pick up my favorite ice-cream. lol Like they say, half-measures avail us nothing, so maybe I should look at my diet.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Complexiti,

Buying healthy foods. I should be so disciplined, although I am picking up salads lately, drinking orange juice. Unfortunately, along with the salad and orange juice, I also pick up my favorite ice-cream. lol Like they say, half-measures avail us nothing, so maybe I should look at my diet.
I have always eaten healthy - lots of salads and vegetables and no processed food. Do not eat much bread but if I do only whole grain because I like the taste. No sugar, no white rice but like mixed whole rice different colours and wild rice. Also like fish.

Trouble is that when drinking I drink and do not eat.

I had such a fright though. Woke up in the middle of the night with that "must have a drink now" feeling like when I was drinking for days? I think I must have been dreaming but if so do not remember what about.

So I got up and made a decaff coffee and came and played mindless computer games until I had calmed down enough to go back to bed.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Complexiti

You have now become my role model for healthy eating. Will definitely make an effort to improve on what I eat.
I have also woke up with a strong craving to drink, usually after dreaming about drinking. Hasn't happened in a while and hope it stays that way. Stay strong and stay busy.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Me too! I sometimes wake up in a sweat dreaming that I actually did have a drink and with relief realize that I just dreamt it. Whew! My problem was when I drank, I ate a LOT. Now I am on my regular good eating plan.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I am desperately fighting the craving for a drink now. Fighting hard but it is difficult.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
I am desperately fighting the craving for a drink now. Fighting hard but it is difficult.
I know you've been eating heathy, but sweets helped my cravings.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Eating healthy yes, but not eating much as I am not hungry. I don't have any sweets or anything sweet in the house so if I can just hang on until tomorrow I will get some. Only at the moment I am frightened to go near a shop in case, well just in case.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I keep getting cut off from here.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Nobody here when I need to talk.