Notices

Been drinking

Old 05-30-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
I am religious bur AA is NOT for me. There is not even an AA meeting within available distance even if it was for me. But when I say is it not, I mean it.

I do not want to discuss my dog on an open forum. She has major problems I do not want to explain.
No one is suggesting you discuss your dog or any personal issues you feel uncomfortable with here, and you've stated many times that you cannot/will not utilize AA. What is important now is what you ARE willing to do to get sober. There have been many suggestions here, and you've said you would do whatever it takes to get sober. Now is the time you need to start doing....if getting sober is your goal.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Sometimes it is very difficult for people who have places like AA to get to, to understand why some people cannot.

Sometimes it is very difficult for people who are satisfied with places like AA to understand that for some people the very thought of taking the L-rds name in vain as a "higher power" is just plain wrong.

There IS no "higher power" than HaShem. And for AA to even think there is, is, to me, an obscenity.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
EndGame

Sometimes it is very difficult for people who have places like AA to get to, to understand why some people cannot.

Sometimes it is very difficult for people who are satisfied with places like AA to understand that for some people the very thought of taking the L-rds name in vain as a "higher power" is just plain wrong.

There IS no "higher power" than HaShem. And for AA to even think there is, is, to me, an obscenity.
After reading your comments in this thread and others, and particularly after reading this particular comment, I simply have no idea what else to say.

We either get help, or we don't.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Low

I am by no means a avid AA'er, however, they do have much of it correct....for you to make such a broad statement regarding AA after just trying two meetings is just sad, it shows you have really no idea what they are about... I feel really bad for you Complexiti....in reading your thread there are so many I won'ts and I can'ts....
Old 05-31-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
No one is suggesting you discuss your dog or any personal issues you feel uncomfortable with here, and you've stated many times that you cannot/will not utilize AA. What is important now is what you ARE willing to do to get sober. There have been many suggestions here, and you've said you would do whatever it takes to get sober. Now is the time you need to start doing....if getting sober is your goal.
What am I willing to do?

I have been unable to get out of my home and leave my dog for more than maybe 20 minutes for over three years now.

The nearest AA meeting, which is in a language I do not understand and to which I cannot get there as I am disabled in an elece;lectric wheelchair and do not habe a car is at least half an hour away.

and my computer is having hystircs ]]and I can not leave my dog.

Do you understand that 0 sorry my keyboard is stick9jg

I can not leave my dog for more than 15 0r 20 minutes

she has epilepsy and can not be left so what do you want me to do, go to an AA neeting in a language i do nt underdtand and do not be;o\

got to change keyboards sorry
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

I've been reading your post for a long time now, and I am confused as to what you are looking for. Some people have asked you what your plan is to stay sober, but you don't seem to have an answer. You seem to have a reason why all the advice people have given you won't work. If AA doesn't work for you, than what will? What kind of support are you looking for?
Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

If you are in a wheelchair and can't leave your dog for more than 20 minutes, how do you manage to get to a liquor or grocery store for food and booze? Just curious.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Do you understand that
Yes, we understand. You have told us multiple times that cannot get to AA meetings, and even if you could you wouldn't. We know you have physical limitations and a need to be home to care for your dog. We also understand alcoholism as we are alcoholics too.

What I don't understand is what you want from SR. Even in this very thread are suggestions for things you could do that don't involve ever leaving the house, yet you simply ignore them. What exactly is it you seek?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
If you are in a wheelchair and can't leave your dog for more than 20 minutes, how do you manage to get to a liquor or grocery store for food and booze? Just curious.
I have an electric wheelchair and the little store is less than 50 metres from my front door.

I can be there and back well within the time I dare leave my dog.

How difficult is that for you to understand?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

I have an electric wheelchair and the little store is less than 50 metres from my front door.

I understand your reasons for not leaving your home, you have commitments which is understandable, is there someone you can trust to care for your dog for a period of time while you get external support?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hi Complexiti - my dog had epilepsy that was well-controlled with medication. Have you looked into trying some meds? The vet had to play around with the dosage to get it just right. I got sober using SMART (lots of info online about it). Perhaps check it out? If AA is not for you there are many other ways to get sober.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Complexiti, life is so complicated. I'm devoted to my cat so I understand you not leaving your dog.

I hope there can be a resolve for you, we get so strongly independent that it becomes hard to ask people for help and so proud that we would probably refuse it if it were offered.

My thoughts are with you and your doggy xx
Old 05-31-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

GREAT!!!! Glad you have a store so close by. You must be very thankful for that.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

That's a beautiful gesture/offer tom...
Old 05-31-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Surely you drinking and having such an illness and your dog is so ill too the worst thing that you can possible do is drink especially if she has a fit?
Old 05-31-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi Complexiti. I just want to let you know that you've been in my thoughts. I, too, continue to slip up, but will not stop trying.
The one thing that continues to run through my mind right now is something my AA sponsor told me last week. (I'm new at this sobriety thing and want you to know I'm not waving a flag for any org right now, I promise). Anyway, the one thing that stuck in this damn, stubborn, 'disease, my ass', head of mine is this-
This disease is trying to KILL you (she said).
Disease or not- the bottle is. Alcohol is trying to kill me and I know it now.
If someone approaches me with a gun, knife, bomb, long fingernails, whatever it is- with the desire to kill me; I live in Texas and I will kill them. I'm licensed to carry a handgun and know well how to handle it. My thought is this-
I need, I MUST, approach the bottle with the same amount of wanting to live as I would someone that is trying to take my life.
I hope that makes sense. Please hang in there and never give up on you.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hi complexiti,

I hope you are feeling better today, I have been thinking of you a lot. I wish you blessings and pray your cravings will be removed.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by castlefan View Post
Hi Complexiti - my dog had epilepsy that was well-controlled with medication. Have you looked into trying some meds? The vet had to play around with the dosage to get it just right. I got sober using SMART (lots of info online about it). Perhaps check it out? If AA is not for you there are many other ways to get sober.

Well were you not the lucky one. And I do not believe you.

My dog has been on medication for over three years and her epilepsy is not under control. Massive doses of Phenobarbitone three times a day and her epilepsy is not under control.

So do NOT tell me how to treat her or what meds to give her.

Know something? My wonderful vet is also epileptic.

YOU WANNA TELL HIM HOW TO CURE HIMSELF?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zombiegirl View Post
Surely you drinking and having such an illness and your dog is so ill too the worst thing that you can possible do is drink especially if she has a fit?
And another ignorant one.

My dog is epileptic. She does not have "fits".

She has full blown major Grand Mal SEIZURES.

How DARE you call them "fits"
Old 06-01-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Well were you not the lucky one. And I do not believe you.

My dog has been on medication for over three years and her epilepsy is not under control. Massive doses of Phenobarbitone three times a day and her epilepsy is not under control.

So do NOT tell me how to treat her or what meds to give her.

Know something? My wonderful vet is also epileptic.

YOU WANNA TELL HIM HOW TO CURE HIMSELF?

Calm down he was only saying something to you.
It feels like to me that whatever we say you have a negative answer for everything.
Please explain what you want us to do to help you when all you do it shut us down?