Notices

my own little piece of recovery world

Old 01-31-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 1001 (permalink)  

((((kath)))) hi my friend, you're doing good. the meetings will help so much! you are in my thoughts.

love,
Hope
Old 02-01-2005, 06:44 AM
  # 1002 (permalink)  

well your poor gianna friend is not doing so well. the arm is getting slowly better, but the drinking is back, and really, that is worse. While the arm was such a complete mess I guess it created the trouble I seem to need in my life. It is still very much a problem: I am looking at a year of painful recovery (which I will not do if I keep up the drinkng). Ironic that I had this accident when I had been sober for a while. when I consider all the times I could, and should, have fallen after drinking it amazes me this could happen during sobriety.

Anyway, I am generally down in the dumps here and can use some help getting through this (day 1) again. sigh...

Gianna
Old 02-01-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 1003 (permalink)  
spirit

hi mate, well, i have to ask, "hope it wasnt your drinking arm?" haha, sorry - joking here, not at your expense but i had this wonderful image of you trying to drink manhattans with a busted arm!!!
it doesnt surprise me you broke it sober, if you were drunk you probably would have just "bounced". it is true, i had a police officer friend once who said drunk drivers often survive cause their bodies are so relaxed. if they were sober, they would seize up in fright in an accident and get broken! interesting concept hey, but not a reason to keep drinking!!

ok now the serious bit. day one, stick with me ok, i am four days here, so i can lead you through the tunnel out of the fog. follow me.

i went to another meeting tonight, was really great. if yo cant get to a meeting, maybe do a phone call etc.

hang out here for a bit, read some posts, drink coffee, water, eat chocolate, you know what to do mate!

hugs to you and keep in touch - dont pick up ok - there is NO need to hon
kath
Old 02-04-2005, 02:31 AM
  # 1004 (permalink)  
spirit

coooeee all, well it is friday night and this time last week i was drinking, havent had a drink since then - yippeee, feeling good, tonight was tough, friday night is drinking night, but hey i am here and sober, sipping coke and pepsi with buckets of soda water on stand by. instead of going to bottle shop (couldnt find a local meeting tonight) i bought myself a book to read. so the plan is, hang out here for a bit, then head to bed to read.

has been very hot here today 39C, hubby has gone for a night dive, so hopefully he will get lots of prawns for the barby! mr 16 is out and will probably ring a bit later for a lift home. this week i can do that!!!

hope all are well and things are going well for you all

kath
Old 02-04-2005, 06:47 AM
  # 1005 (permalink)  

(((Kath))) holy smokes so hot there...our weather has been whacky....a week or so ago it was -39c...today its -2 perfect out....was glad it was cold last week this day...there was a huge icicle hanging from our camp...it was a life saver so to speak...first time ive seen one hanging there like that...hmmm guess it was there for a reason that day

happy your not drinking...tons safer on the bus....keep on going im right with you....im not counting days..i have a date pretty much embedded in my little p brain

((((Gianna))))) i hope your moving foreward again...hope your arm gets better soon

love....denise
Old 02-04-2005, 06:51 AM
  # 1006 (permalink)  
Growing Up

That is one of the fabulous benefits of not drinking, isn't it. Always being available for those night pick-ups, which get more and more frequent as the kids get older. No one seems to get into recovery with the singular goal of being able to drive their kids places without any encumbrance, but it sure is an essential benefit, huh! It has made me think how often other people drive after having had a few. Considering how many people drink daily, that's a pretty scary thought, actually.

Yeah for you, Kath! You deserve to feel this good.

I'm trying to cut down on my chat time these days, but I'm still here for you. Don't forget that!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:53 AM
  # 1007 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hi Denise!!!!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:42 AM
  # 1008 (permalink)  

Kath ?????

Lynne
Old 02-20-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 1009 (permalink)  

Hi Lynne, Kath, Denise, Laci? you here too? Are you coming to New YorK?

I'm hanging in there girls-trying to shift my community of friends from the drinkers to the sober ones. By the way, Kath, unfortunately I was able to pick up those Manhattans with the left hand just fine).

Typing better these days-touch type with the left and pick with one finger on the right. Back to AA meetings (community again) and they are great places to work on hand exercises. Looks like the hand/arm will be back to 100% in a year or so. Off to try to play some racquetball this afternoon.

How are the burns Denise? Are they less painfull?

Lynne, so glad to always see your name here. I know some months back you were off for a while and definitely missed.

Anna? are you on this thread?

Hugs,
Gianna
Old 02-20-2005, 01:05 PM
  # 1010 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gianna,

Yup, I'm around and always glad to see you guys doing so great! Kath, good to hear that you're doing well. Gianna, I'm so glad your arm will get back to normal eventually. Denise, you go girl!!

Love, Anna
Old 02-20-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 1011 (permalink)  

Long time to heal your arm Gianna, sorry about that, I hope you've had some help. So now your ambidextrous (sp)

My healing is slow, but that's ok, I have to admit I whimper to myself a bit when I get the dressing changed. I'm sober today and all that matters to me right now.

It's not like our Aussie girl to be so quiet, it makes Lynne quiet too.....woohoo girls come out come out where ever you are.

Anna you go too girl....hey where we going, oh please say somewhere nice and warm, lay on the beach in our bikini's...smoke a cigar drink a rum....oh wait....chew on a carrot stick, drink some juice, there that's much better...forget about that bikini too, I scared myself with that image. ...oh lordy.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:06 PM
  # 1012 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Still here, girls - wow, it's us oldies together again! Doesn't it feel like we've known eachother for years?

Gianna and Denise, I'm glad you're both healing and sounding wonderfully positive as well. Geez it's hard to make a medical come-back. It's been almost a year since I broke my jaw playing softball with my little girl, remember? You don't want to know the lingering physical reminders of that little ambulance trip.

Laci - so glad to know that you are back on the bus. What's new with work? Are you coming east? I'm no where near NYC but I'll wave from the top of my mountain.

Anna - glad to see that you still lurk, just like me. It seems like every time I see your name you are lifting someone up. How's your life these days?

Kath - come on back and we'll all be sober together. We miss you and we need you.

big hugs to you all,
Old 02-21-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 1013 (permalink)  

Yess, Kath, WHERE ARE YOU? It has been such a help to see some of the old gang here again-and I have needed that help. Day 3 for me.

Lynne, waving back from NYC.

Denise, whimpering has become part of my life but the pain means healing.

Anna, as always!!!!!

Laci? You in Ny?

Hi all the other people on this thread; now that I can type again I hope to get to know you.

Chy Hi...

Gianna
Old 02-21-2005, 10:25 AM
  # 1014 (permalink)  

Hmmm still no Kath......coooeeee <---- I always wanted to do that, if that doesn't bring her out, I don't know what else will....Ok our spirited one, give us a sign.

I agree Lynne, it feels like we've been here for years. Oh yeah your jaw, ouch I can't imagine the pain that had to have been, I hope it's healed nicely. Waving at you up in your mountain.

Gianna, I think Laci must be in NY....she's gone awfully quiet again. LACI LACI

I love you guys, this has been one heck of a journey hasn't it? We've all sat here reaching out to each other, typing words and hoping they would make someone feel better who's had a bad time of things....or jump up and down with joy when good things happen......some of us have fallen now and then, but been picked up real fast from the love here, I thank you all so much for that, so grateful....oh if I could get my hands on you all.....yeah I've turned into a real huggy person, to bad if you don't like it, I promise it doesn't hurt one bit.

Take good care, tons of love .......Denise (a new person today) working on maturing too, but....
Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 1015 (permalink)  
spirit

COOOOOEEEEEEE

denise wins hahah, yep the good ofd coooeee did the trick haha

actually my computer has been down for a few days (and me of course because of it haha) but i am here, fine well and happy. life is good.

work is busy, kids are busy, same old same old, oh hubby has decided he loves me so that has been good too, (been a busy there haha wink wink)

good to see you all, have missed you heaps.

tis midnight here, so i need to take a kip, (aussie for sleep haha)

hugs to you all
talk soon

cheers
kath
Old 02-22-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 1016 (permalink)  
Dan

Have a peaceful dream filled kip sheila
Old 02-22-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 1017 (permalink)  
Chy

Dropping by to say hi Kath! Hope all is well in your world, to far along for me to catch up but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you! *hugs*
Old 02-24-2005, 03:18 AM
  # 1018 (permalink)  
spirit

hi gang, well here a bit earlier tonight, just got back from shopping and bought myself a pressie, a very cute little (very little) diamond ring haha. it is an enhancement setting so that makes the 'chips' look bigger hahaha. so i am feeling a bit chuffed with myself!
chuffed is aus for proud haha.
i also put a ring on layby for hubby for his birthday, it is very gorgeous, very unusual, not like a typical male ring, so if he doesnt like it i will wear it hahah, this little black duck knows what SHE likes hahaha
hope all is well with you guys, good to see all the old gang back.

hugs to you all
kath
Old 04-07-2005, 05:54 AM
  # 1019 (permalink)  
spirit

gosh thought it was about time i posted on my own thread and then realised ihavent been here since february!!!!

obviously posting through other people's posts.

mmm so where am i tonight.

well to be honest i have been drinking, havent done so for a bit, but then there has been a bit happening for me.

life, kids, work, breathing and then my mum died. one side of me says '**** happens" the other says, i dont know how to deal with this.

so just for tonight i am being bad and being naughty, i am drinking. when i was drinking in the past i rang mum and dad. i dont feel i can now, i cant ring my mum.

i havent cried about mum's passing since she did (15th march)

before i thought that was because i was the first to be told what was happening, i had to make the life decisions regarding resucitation etc on behalf of dad, so i had all that, and then when it didnt work i had to tell dad and my brother that she had gone.

then affter all that i (being the woman) had to organise the funeral, etc etc etc

maybe now i am hitting the wall about her passing. she and i were not close but we understood each other. yet when we talked we were close.

NOW i am **** scared (sorry for language) she is going to come and haunt ME because i did something wrong about the funeral etc. dad said we did well, i have heard the audio tape of the service and what we said of her, what i said of her, the family and friends have said it was wonderful, but i dont know what she thinks.

there are times when i have to tell people that it is like telling someone elses story.

i have read others messages about missing their mums after so many years, at this time i dont think i will, she was mum, she was there now she is not and in time i will think of her as having being. am i wrong not to feel the emotion others express.

or will that come?

i am lost, and of course i have been drinking (sorry)

but hey i had fill my diary - time to make a post, sitting here thinking allowed in writing while the people around me give ME grief about drinkign and wanting ciggarettes. if life comes down to that i want to say " get stuffed" and i know even though mum and i were not close, if i could ring her tonight and tell her what is happening, she would say "tell them to get stuffed"

so i shall, thanks for reading and nice to be back
kath
Old 04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 1020 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(( Kath ))

I am sorry to hear you are drinking again.I was drinking when my mom passed.I also drank with a vengence after she was gone.You and I both know that is not a solution.Grief is a really wild ride.I too suffer from a lack of feeling at times.Today I am working thru it.Trying to find a balance between too much feeling and too little is not easy,but I trust the process of my recovery.For me grief + alcohol = a big mess.I really fear for you.Get to a meeting Kath.