Notices

my own little piece of recovery world

Old 12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
  # 941 (permalink)  
spirit

gday to all of you,

as i type it is 8am on christmas morning, so let me be one of the first to wish you happy christmas !!!!

we are so far ahead down under santa gets here first hahaha.

i got a book by my fav author, maeve binchy, god knows how anything willl get done today, if i start reading it, i will still be there till dinner time haha and i ahve people coming for lunch haha. mmm choices, book versus salad making hahaha

actually she is my second fav author MG is my first!!!!! oh, not that i have read any of her books, cause they arent out yet, but i reckon they would be excellant !!!!!!

so have a happy day guys and gals, today has started wonderfully down here, and it will continue. i have all of you behind me if things get tough. And dont forget if things get tough for any of you today, i will be sitting on your left shoulder whispering "it will be ok, the sheila from down under said so"

so happy christmas, enjoy your day whatever you do and may you all have what ever you wish for yourselves in the coming year.

much love, care and affection

kath (your little aussie shiela)
Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 PM
  # 942 (permalink)  
spirit

morning all,

well today (wednesday) is my first day back at work after the christmas break, aahhhh.

i think we shall ease back into it slowly, lots of things happening, tsunami disasters, friends overseas, (so far all known to be safe) one staff members son due to go over in the air force, plus all the general catching up on who ate what and too much haha.

should be a quiet week, most people take the days between christmas and new year off so that is good.

i am buying my car a new chrissy present today, new tyres, it will probably stall in shock haha, "what new shoes - how do these work?" haha

the weather is a bit cooler today, which is good, plants have been suffering haha, lucky people getting snow, mind you i imagine snow kills gardens doesnt it???,mmmm never thought of that before

muzz is still at home, seems happy, so far so good. mr 16 has been very good and keeping very himself active, doing lots of research on the dangers of what he has been doing which is good.
mr 11 is glued to his wrestling game he got for chrissy, now he wants to go to a high school where they teach wrestling haha. what is it with 11 yr old boys and wrestling. did i mention the other day he was playing wrestling in the lounge and went to throw his victory belt onto his opponent (bean bag) and it slipped from his hands and flew straight iinto the bar!!!. made of glass shelves, fortunately none of that was broken but i lost some nice wine glasses. but of course i dont need them anymore anyway hahaha.

well must away to work, hope everyone has survived christmas etc.

spare a thought for those in south east asia in the coming days. we are still having tidal surges down here!

love and hugs
kath
Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 PM
  # 943 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spirit
i am buying my car a new chrissy present today, new tyres, it will probably stall in shock haha, "what new shoes - how do these work?" haha
:Lmao
Kath! You crack me up. You are so awesome.

How in the world did you guys celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer?!? I just moved to a state with rain instead of snow and it was really odd not seeing 8 foot snow drifts out the window. Less shoveling, but more slugs! lol

Happy New Year a couple of days early.

hugs,

jojo

P.S. Maeve Binchy is my favorite author, too. Does she have a new book out?!?
Old 12-28-2004, 08:41 PM
  # 944 (permalink)  

Wow, I can only imagine what it is like celebrating Christmas in the summer, LOL.
Kath, thanks for making me smile.

Hope
Old 12-29-2004, 01:37 AM
  # 945 (permalink)  
spirit

coooeee, well made it through the first day back at work haha.

car managed to get home in its new shoes without having a breakdown and guess what, if you take your hands off the wheel it goes straight ahead, instead of sideways. isnt modern mechanics a wonderful thing haha. now i know why my right arm is stronger than my left, i have been pulling the steering wheel to the right for ages to keep the car straight haha.

maeve's new book (well new to us downunder) is called night of rain and stars. strangely it is set in greece, which feels a bit weird haha. but there are characters from all over the world who witness a tragedy in a small fishing village and it tells their stories and how they relate to the tragegy etc. i havent got too far into it yet, but there is a token irish lass, well two, one who has lived on the small greek island for years. so it looks pretty good.

apart from all that not much is happening, cooking dinner, (curried mince and rice an old aussie stand by) and sipping pepsi max haha. oh and typing here, good to see i am still multiskilled!

hope all are well and you have got over christmas, next hurdle is new year!

hugs to all
kath
Old 12-29-2004, 06:21 AM
  # 946 (permalink)  
Growing Up

You sound so good - that makes me happy, Kath. So glad you were spared the tsunami. Being away for four days, I heard about the tragedy on the radio when we were finally on our way home. I actually thought someone was playing a joke, like "War of the Worlds". That was a radio broadcast describing the end of the world which was some idiot's idea of fun over here in the early 1900's. Back when everyone got their news from the newspapers and radios.
Too bad the tsunami wasn't a joke, though. Thoughts to south east asia are on the way.

The good news about Christmas was how lovely it was for the four of us. I feel like my little family has never been so connected. Well atleast since Princess 14 hit puberty.
The party at the inlaws in NYC (waved to you Gianna, we stayed in times square) was a nightmare, but I got through it. Three panic attacks and 2 pills later - I lived. From NY we journeyed south to Delaware to drop in on my dear friend and her family for an over night. Made for a long drive home on Monday, but it saved the holiday for my heart anyway. And I knitted a lovely scarf with all that car time on hand. I'll add the fringe today.
Question for all of you - why do we women pretend we are fine at big family parties (and everywhere else) when we aren't? For everyone else? To avoid conflict? So we feel like Superman, alone in our bodies and never even get the credit? Just curious. I'm about to give up the act entirely. Look out, 2005! I think I'm getting real.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:46 AM
  # 947 (permalink)  

Mountain Girl, if you figure out how to give up the act can you give me lessons? I have been the person in charge and handling everything for way too long now, and as the person who takes care of everyone (parents, grown children, hubby, DOGS), I know I am not taking care of myself. Hubby found bottle last night and had some words for me. Well, I told him last week I had to quit, and had nearly 72 hours when 1 thing too many broke the camel's back. I told him this was a time that I needed to baby myself, and with all heck breaking loose and little help from the herd I lost it. Hubby also hid bottle, very well I might add.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:17 AM
  # 948 (permalink)  
spirit

coooeee all, MG glad you survived the family christmas, must have been good to get out of hte house even though it sounds like you did some driving! mm re pretending we are good or happy on the outside - not sure why we do it, sometimes to keep the peace, sometimes there is no point in saying we are not happy cause no-one listens, or sometimes we are told "what again, or still, what now etc" haha.

i also think it has a lot to do with time, we dont have time to focus on ourselves, we are busy sorting everyone else out, from who has clean clothes to who needs a hospital visit this week or whatever haha. there is no time for us. however that could also just be an excuse haha

from mb's words it seems to be an international girl thing haha.

apart from that the world is turning, so we keep moving hey.

hugs to you all, and i must say i am impressed knitting a scarf and driving haha, well i guess you werent the one driving haha, i would be the one stopping the kids from fighting or saying "watch out for that truck etc etc" hahha

hugs again
kath
Old 12-30-2004, 07:25 AM
  # 949 (permalink)  

hi all,

just checking in here-still can't type much but i can read so here i am...

gianna
Old 12-30-2004, 07:33 AM
  # 950 (permalink)  

(((((((Kath))))))))

((((((((Gianna))))))))))
Great to see you back on the boards again and hope you're healing up quickly.

Kiss Heart of Spirit In Love & Service,
3Legacy
Old 12-31-2004, 08:07 AM
  # 951 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Happy New Year down under Kath wishing you and yours a very happy healthy and blessed New Year

Old 12-31-2004, 08:16 AM
  # 952 (permalink)  
spirit

tis 12.15 am we made it to to2005 ,welcome all to down under hahhahahhaha
Old 12-31-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 953 (permalink)  

(((((((((((Kath))))))))))))
Happy New Year down under from up top!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
spaceneedle2.jpg (3.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 12-31-2004, 01:25 PM
  # 954 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Happy 2005 Kath! Could be the best year yet!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:03 PM
  # 955 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Happy New Year Kath (Sheila)

Toss another shrimp on the Barbi will ya mate ....

much love
JC
Old 12-31-2004, 03:01 PM
  # 956 (permalink)  
Paused

Happy New Year Kath!!!
May it bring you much happiness!!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:31 AM
  # 957 (permalink)  
spirit

howdy all, i just realised nearly 13,000 people have looked at this thread and nearly 1,000 have posted a reply haha, how cool, and mildly embarrasing, god who knows my stuff haha

well i hope you are sitting down, i did an amazing thing today

I WASHED MY CAR!!!

yep that is right, it has recovered from having new feet last week (tyres)

i had to wash it because it is finally getting the dent in the front right hand side and rear bumper repaired next week. now if i didnt wash it the repair guys wouldnt be able to find the bits to fix haha.

the dents occured nearly 12 months ago ( you cannot rush these things) when i attended an AA meeting on a very hot night. i picked up my bottle of water instead of puttting on the hand brake (the whole put the car in gear thing when you park confuses me). well as i walked into the meeting i thought a) hubby is off - then i thought i drove myself, b) someone is stealing my car - there was noone in my car c) shoot the car is rolling backwards - in the direction of a car on the other side of the car park, bang. as i watched this the car that was parked next to the car mine rolled into, reversed from his parking spot into the side of my car haha.

not sure if i told this story before, but by the time i got down to my car, all these guys appeared out of no where. i asked who owned the car mine backed into. they said he has gone off in an ambulance. i thought WTF this has only just happened, this is a car park, i didnt see an ambulance haha. evidently he had heat stroke while training for football and had been taken off in an ambulance, which is why his car was still in the car park. actually it was his mother's brand new car and her son had only had his license for about a month. so we had to ring her at the hospital and say "mmm not only is your son in the hospital, but when you come to pick up your car, it has a small whole in the side of it!"

god, what a night. can you imagine me telling the insurance people "well i was going to an AA meeting and i had just parked and my car rolled into another car on the other side of the car park and then another car reversed into the front of mine". hahahha

i think they agreed to the claim because it was the daftest thing they had heard. in fact it will probably appear on a website of "unusual reasons for car insurance claims" haha maybe i will win a prize.

anyway, so next week the car goes in for repairs after having new feet and being washed.

if some bugger hits me the week after i will KNOW there is no god haha

apart from that, all is well downunder. hope all is well with you guys

hugs
kath
Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 958 (permalink)  
Growing Up

You crack me up
What's new with you and your fella? Is he behaving?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 959 (permalink)  

Yeh, what's up with that guy? And how are all of you?

I am finally typing with both hands again, although it will still be several months before I have the full use of the right hand back. I continue to be tortured by my therapist daily...

MG, how's that book coming?

Are Laci and Denise around here, and what are the other threads that are good? I am so out of touch. Not drinking though...

Gianna
Old 01-06-2005, 06:05 AM
  # 960 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gianna,

Great to see you here! I'm glad you're arm is getting better and especially that you are still sober!

Denise is no longer around SR and I haven't seen Laci in a long time either, but maybe others have. Come visit the Women in Recovery forum sometime.

Love, Anna