Notices

my own little piece of recovery world

Old 01-06-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 961 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Gianna - WOW it is so great to see you able to type again and feeling good. Fantastic that you are not drinking. Marvelous No real news on the book still. I took some time off from the agent hunt this fall to focus on my personal life, but I am ready to recommit to my efforts now. Finding an agent for my work is so much harder than writing the novel, let me tell you. But atleast I've given up my fantasy of being an overnight success (she says, sobbing faintly). Thanks for asking.

As for good threads, I'd like to hear from some others on that too. I'm not active in very many right now. I should check out Women in Recovery, Anna. I gave the alanon page a chance for a while, but I was shocked by how may of them seemed completely unable to focus on anyone else. Not at all like you guys. But then, you all are so special.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 962 (permalink)  
Dan

Howdy...
An almost fully functional Gianna at last!
Glad you've finally healed enough to type with both hands.
Interesting threads come and go. I miss my "early days" in the DQ. It was a special time indeed.
Mountaingirl, one of these mornings, you'll wake up with a publishing deal.
I know it.
Hey Sheila! How's summer days so far in Oz?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:17 AM
  # 963 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Old 01-06-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 964 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Thanks, sweet one. From your lips - as they say.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 965 (permalink)  
Connie

Hi, Hi, everyone: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

MG, I envy you. I've always dreamed of writing a novel, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Maybe some day. So you knit scarves. I just finished crocheting a few, we are the crafty ones, huh? I like those short projects, unlike the huge ones I've started that are now sitting around begging me to make them whole.

Kath, My 14 year old niece is visting your part of the world in July. It's some kind of program where young people are selected to represent our country. Any suggestions I can pass on to her, any warnings, what to avoid, etc? She'll be away for our Independence Day for the second year in a row. Last year she was in Ireland. Must be nice, I've hardly left my zip code in 50 years!

Take Care All, Sweet things for all of us in 2005.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 AM
  # 966 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hi Connie,
Well, I prefer creative to crafty, but I'm an art snob (haha). If you want to write, just do it. You never know when it will really fly out. I know with my project, I wrote each chapter saying "I don't believe I'm really doing this..." to myself the entire time. Go ahead and amaze yourself. Its totally fun!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 967 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Old 01-07-2005, 03:54 AM
  # 968 (permalink)  
spirit

hi gang, so much to read and respond to.

hey gianna it is so good to see your arms are working again, not sure i understood how it happened that they didnt work, but good to see you writing again.

mm my hubby, well he is ok, he got a knock back from the other girl haha, is licking his wounds, so it is back to him and me and therefore back to normal haha. but i have set some ground rules and he is being attentive yet quiet, so not really sure what is going on in his head. whoever is haha. i have a party tomorrow night to go to, a work thing that 'politically' i need to attend. normally we would go together, but i told him tonight i was not sure if i wanted him to come. he was a bit stunned. i told him to think it over haha

dan so nice to see you out and about. the DQ people have changed but that is ok, stuff does. in terms of interesting posts, i find i go to new posts and focus on whatever is there these days. lots of newbies, so at one level it feels like "same old same old" but then again it nice to offer support. so interesting alternative posts would be nice to see. not as good as mine though hahah

connie, hey write that book, MG did, we still talk about her being a famous author and being found by oprah and me flying to the states as a surprise guest 'saying i knew her when - without all the icky bits haha i am sure we could make up an excuse for our reason for knowing each other if need be.
so connie write that book girl!!!

and in relation to your neice coming to aus. wow she sounds well travelled. where in aus is she coming. if she is coming to perth, we can exchange emails etc and i can show her around. i think themain thing, is if she is coming on her own, although at that age i would be surprised, to be wary of back packer places. they can be a bit dodgy,(aus for unsafe - they tend to burn down when the owners need cash). also if she is staying with host families try to get as much information on the people as possible. as i said if she is coming to my side of hte country i have some good contacts in relation to safety. why is she coming, school, holiday etc.

well apart from that summer is here, nice and mild tonight, the world looks good (except for the flat bits in asia - but it gives the world something to unite on i guess)

hugs to you all
kath
Old 01-11-2005, 04:02 AM
  # 969 (permalink)  
spirit

and where is everyone - snowed in?????

kath
Old 01-11-2005, 04:58 AM
  # 970 (permalink)  
Growing Up

We were a bit snowed in over the weekend. Around here we are getting a winter's worth of weather in about a week's time - knew that mild weather coudn't last.

So, Muzz is still living with you - I'm confused (as usual). How is Ant?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 971 (permalink)  
spirit

hi strangers, time for a diary update.

mmm well i am still here, summer is happening, life is good and all is well

hope the same for you too
hugs
kath
Old 01-21-2005, 05:43 AM
  # 972 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Huh? That was an update? I feel cheated.
More, please
Old 01-21-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 973 (permalink)  
spirit

oh ok, well mm what to say not sure i can type it all haha

well muzz and i are still doing the affair tango, not sure if i told you, but a few weeks ago he was going to leave etc. i saidhe needed to find out from her first her feelings for him before he left, then i would know he was leaving to go to.

anyway at that time she said NO. yippeee etc. then earlier this week she rang and asked him to go to the movies. WTF, i said she doesnt know you are still her does she? he said no.

so he was faced with a challenge haha. ring her and say he was here and risk her saying get stuffed or not say anything and go to the movies with her, but leave here so she thought all was ok haha

well he has said ok to her for the movies, but he is still here, he doesnt want to leave me, so he is getting more and more trapped. the more the pressure is on to leave so they can do a movie thing, the more he realises he loves ME and the more he realises he has to tell her the truth and hurt her ( for a change haha)

and i have been so good haha

he feels extra trapped cause i have said, ou need to leave, regardless of her, i need a break from all this ( my head hopes if he has to go he will realise what he is missing haha)

so today i have had a sponenous lunch invite, flowers when i got home, a maybe as his response to leaving and going to the movies and an invite from him to go to the beach in the morning haha

wonders will never cease. he knows if he is going to do the movie thing with her on sunday he has to leave sat night, after we have had a lovely day at the beach ( i wiill make sure of that) or he has to ring her and say he cant make sunday and break her and his heart.

tis down to him now.

well that is a complicated story, but your did ask ahhaha, no wonder i have been quiet haha

hugs kath
ps ,maybe my cell phone message to him when i left work helped, i wrote and said "do you realise this the last day i wiill leave work to come home to you?"

hense the flowers hahahaha
Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 974 (permalink)  
Growing Up

I knew it. I knew you had news.

Well you most certainly are being good. You think he has a date on Sunday and you are still going to hang out with him for the day tomorrow? I'm just making sure I understand. I'm a bit thick...
Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 975 (permalink)  
spirit

oh and bugger i was doing really well until yesterday and i feel off the wagon, but ok today, but hey i figure that given what is happening, it makes sense and i am not beating myself over the head about it, but i wanted to be honest with you all.

hugs
kath
Old 01-21-2005, 06:13 AM
  # 976 (permalink)  
Connie

Wow, the soap opera from down under. Sorry it took so long to answer about my niece. Her Aussie trip is some kind of school thing, she had to apply to be chosen to represent her age group from our country.

MG, I've got lots of creative (as opposed to crafty) plans for this weekend, we've got SNOW in the forecast, Yippee!!!!!!!

Please pray for my yellow lab, Maxine Elliott. She's having minor surgery this morning, and even though it's minor, I freak, as she's 11 and has epilepsy, and is my best fur friend in the whole world. When I dropped her off at the vet this morning and the tech took the leash, she stood up on her back legs, and kissed me goodbye. I thought I would lose it.

Have a beautiful day or night, everyone. Can't wait to make snow angels!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:18 AM
  # 977 (permalink)  

((((Kath)))
Old 01-21-2005, 06:23 AM
  # 978 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hi Connie! Long time no see!

Hi Kel!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 AM
  # 979 (permalink)  
spirit

oh connie - a hug and kiss from your lab, what a perfect day,prayerds going up now

sorry it sounds like a soap opera - tis my life haha, but then soap operas are based on life haha

so when and where is your neice coming to in aus???

hey lynne did you get that pic of me tonight haha
hey kel i should send it to you too, will do
hugs
kath
Old 01-21-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 980 (permalink)  
spirit

hey MG just got your email saying you got my pic, yeah my hair is short now, i cut it because i was the only thing i could cut at the time that would not draw blood hahahha

hugs
kath